Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Does God hate these people?

This is a discussion on Does God hate these people? within the Beliefs and Fundamentals forums, part of the Main Topics category; Hi I wanted to talk about something that has been a big impediment for me in worshipping Allah properly. Why ...

Default Does God hate these people?

Hi I wanted to talk about something that has been a big impediment for me in worshipping Allah properly. Why are good Muslims suffering so much? I don't mean your sheikh who comes to these big confrences and has a name for himself. I am talking about average Muslims you meet and know everyday. I know people who are good righteous Muslims. Don't hurt others, make extra worship to God, pray and make du'aa all the time, remind others of God, you wish the world was full of such Muslims but they have problems one on top of another. All that du'aa they make for ease never happens. Look at Gitmo, Babar Ahmad etc. Why are these people suffering? I know a man who lost his wife and child in labout. His wife got pregnant after 11 years and he was so happy. They both died after 11 yeara of heartache and hardship he thought God was giving him ease but instead a bigger museebah struck him.

I really find this hard to understand. I thought after hardship comes ease. Are these people sinners? Does God hate them? This brother gets back bityen by people they say he is cursed because of all the hardahip he has faced.

This really affects me ever since I can remember amd it puts me off worship amd gives me bad thoughts about God. Wallaahi I want to get iver this. How do I? No one evrr answers these questions it's like everyone wants to give da'wah to the non muslima but what about us Muslims who need help woth our imaan. Maybe I am not a Muslim really as I have these bad thoughts and don't worship God properly. Sometimes I think that too.

Default Re: Does God hate these people?

asalaamu alaykum (peace be upon you)

Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" and they will not be tested?

But We have certainly tested those before them, and Allah will surely make evident those who are truthful, and He will surely make evident the liars.

Or do those who do evil deeds think they can outrun Us? Evil is what they judge.

(Quran -
    Surah Ankabut [the spider] 29: 2-4)

And among mankind is he who worships Allah as it were, upon the very edge (i.e. in doubt); if good befalls him, he is content therewith; but if a trial befalls him, he turns back on his face (i.e. reverts back to disbelief after embracing Islam). He loses both this world and the Hereafter. That is the evident loss.

(Quran surah Hajj 22:11)

Allah burdens not a person beyond his scope (Quran - 2:286)

A person is tested by good and evil, will he remain loyal to Allah through all times in life?

The successful one is the one who thinks good of Allah, knowing that Allah knows everything, and He is doing good for His slave, even if the slave himself cannot understand the wisdom behind the test.

Allah doesn't burden a person beyond their scope, so you will never face any difficulty in this world except that Allah has given you the ability to stay patient with it. That's how powerful that Allah has made the person. It is then for the person to fulfill that high level responsibility of remaining patient and thankful during hardships and ease.

Paradise is surrounded by hardships, and Hell is surrounded by desires.
    This is why the best of people are tested the most, like the Prophets, then those after them of the best of the believers. Even though they face the most hardest difficulties, they are the happiest people in the world, because they have good hopes in Allah.

We need to strive to become like them, to be the best of the best.

..It may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allah knows but you do not know.

(Quran 2:216)

Last edited by Mu'awiya; 16th June 2012 at 12:39 PM.

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mu'awiya For This Useful Post:
     (17th June 2012), Amlie (26th June 2012),  (16th June 2012), Nusaybah (16th June 2012), surat_an_nisa_74_100 (16th June 2012), ubaid1900 (26th June 2012), Wild Wild West (17th June 2012)

Also when I phone an imaam or someone in the mosque to talk about this I get shuffled along. That just feeds into my view that du'aat, scholars, imaams and what have you are useless and only help others when they can get some kudos in the public arena.

Thanks for your reply appreciate it. What about the fact after hardship comes ease? Why don't people get ease then when they pray and pray and pray endlessly for it. If the scholars are beloved to God then why don't they suffer like your everage Muslim. So many have it comfortable in thia world but your average Muslim like the Gitmo brothers are siffering severely. What if someone suffrred so severely and it tested his imaan and he started wavering how is that his fault? God shouldn't have decreed something so tremendous on him.

It's easy to say God loves him that's why he is tested so much. So doea God love the African Christians who are dying from hunger and starvation? Will they get into jannah? What kind of life do they have? They suffer in this world and then have hell fire to look forward to. I don't understand wallaahi I wish I had imaan like a strong Muslim.

Quote Originally Posted by Iman_Hammad View Post
    Thanks for your reply appreciate it. What about the fact after hardship comes ease? Why don't people get ease then when they pray and pray and pray endlessly for it. If the scholars are beloved to God then why don't they suffer like your everage Muslim. So many have it comfortable in thia world but your average Muslim like the Gitmo brothers are siffering severely. What if someone suffrred so severely and it tested his imaan and he started wavering how is that his fault? God shouldn't have decreed something so tremendous on him.
    asalaamu alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakaatuh

The scholars or imams you talk about might not have strong faith compared to the brothers in prison. This is quite well known if we look at Islam's new generation compared to the previous generation.

Now imagine someones imaan being like stairs. The higher you climb the stairs of imaan, the more steps you have to walk down to lose your imaan.

So for someone of a high level of imaan to be tested severely shows that he has strong imaan that he can face the difficulty with ease. Yet if he chooses to doubt his reliance on Allah, he will lose imaan (go down a few steps.) If he persists in denying Allah, he will go down more stairs. Yet if he works on trying to better his relationship with Allah, he will climb to the higher steps again (compared to someone else whose weaker in belief.)

So him having doubts in imaan after having certainty of imaan beforehand is his own fault, His high levels of imaan should prevent him from repeatedly wavering in imaan to the extent that he gives it up in its entirety.

It's like a man whose earned $1million dollars. He's going to have more time to 'lose' the cash [lose the faith] he's earned compared to a man who only earned $1000. This shows the importance of continuously 'collecting' higher imaan through understanding knowledge and good action.
    Last edited by Mu'awiya; 16th June 2012 at 01:10 PM.

It's easy to say God loves him that's why he is tested so much. So doea God love the African Christians who are dying from hunger and starvation? Will they get into jannah? What kind of life do they have? They suffer in this world and then have hell fire to look forward to. I don't understand wallaahi I wish I had imaan like a strong Muslim.
    asalaamu alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakaatuh

Keep asking.

Whatever a person strives for, that is what they will get. A person who knows that Allah is their Creator and Provider, and chooses to worship and thank a stone idol, or a cross, or even their own desires (atheism) - why should Allah reward them on Judgment Day?

If you serve God (Allah) alone, He promises you His Paradise. Why do you serve Him alone? Because He's the One who created you, and provides for you. Do you think Allah then needs to reward someone with Paradise, if that person thanked a stone idol, human or cross instead of Allah?

Rather, Allah will reward a person with what they strived for. The believers strived for seeking Allah, His Pleasure and Paradise. So He will reward them with that.

The non muslims preferred this world, thanked other beings instead of their own Provider, so they will only get the reward of this world. To be fair, Allah will even tell the non muslims to get the reward off the thing they sought besides Allah. So if someone thanked an idol, or Jesus and hoped that Jesus will reward them on Judgment Day - then Jesus himself will say that I am not your creator or your provider (rather he himself depends on God), you should have thanked your Creator and Provider and He would reward you with Paradise. So on this Day, only those who hoped reward from Allah will get their reward from Him. Anything else worshipped will not be able to give reward to the creation, so that person will be bankrupt, not be given anything except punishment due to their ungratefulness to their Creator.

About the African kids who are Christians, did you know that many are wealthy while the Muslims of Africa are poor? The christian missionaries promise them money if they be Christians, which proves that they do get the reward in this life. Yet the reward is Paradise for the patient believers.

So ALL non muslims get rewarded in this life according to the good they've done. Like Mother Theresa or Ghandi were given massive global fame, maybe they wanted their names to be remembered after death? So it happened. Whereas with the Muslims, Allah gives them reward both in this life and the next, because He is pleased with their gratefulness to Him.
    Last edited by Mu'awiya; 16th June 2012 at 01:06 PM.

26:205-207 ; Seest thou? If We do let them enjoy (this life) for a few years, Yet there comes to them at length the (Punishment) which they were promised! It will profit them not that they enjoyed (this life)!

And vice versa. Have you heard of the one to enter the paradise last? Have you heard of his reward? Also I do remember a hadith in which on the day of the resurrection, the one who enjoyed life the most will be dipped into the fire and asked if he has ever experienced any good and he will say no, never. And the one who has had it the worst will be dipped into the paradise and asked if he has experienced any misery and he will say no,never. However I am not sure of the authenticity of this hadith, I can't remember the source, and if anyone knows better please do correct.

So sister ease does happen after hardship, and on that great day is the full recompense, weather good or bad. And there is a wisdom behind everything even if we do not understand it. Just recently(few months ago) my family's vehicle had gotten into an accident and was totalled completely from the back (rear ended). One might say this is bad, why does god hate me. But see, previously my brother had a dentist bill to pay, and my parents couldn't afford to pay off the debt that quickly, so this company decided to get a court order to seize the car and sell it for half of what its worth and claim the monies. Now that the car was totalled they couldn't take it... and because it was totalled, the insurance company wrote off the car for how much it was worth(give or take some small amount). And so everything was fine. And by this we can see that had it not happened, there would be a greater loss. We cannot even comprehend the ways of Allah ta ala.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Salih Al-Bosni For This Useful Post:
     (17th June 2012)

AZ fan club!

Salaam sister,

May Allah increase your iman. I had similar things to work through a some years ago. It's partly because we were never taught about how to digest and appreciate these aspects of Islam.

1. Firstly I would say that yes Allah subhaana wa ta'ala speaks about ease after hardship but for each person that can amount to something different. Only when you take different aspects of the deen together does this point become straightforward. In one hadith, the prophet mentioned that one hand span of paradise will literally make the person who receives it forget all the hardship they ever experienced in this world! In mathematics, this is like comparing infinity to the finite - finite things become equal to zero when compared to infinity. For other people, there ease - i.e. the response to their dua - comes in this world. Initially, you might think this is better, but one alim mentioned how the sahaba would weep when receiving dunyawi worldly blessings - they feared that Allah had not accepted their good deeds at the level of rewarding them in the next life, but their good deeds were only worthy of being rewarded here!

2. As for the suffering of non-Muslims in ethiopia and the like, all I would say is that Allah has not given us the knowledge or right to determine the account of those people, even if the law determines them as disbelievers in this world. What counts a a valid excuse for non-Muslims before Allah is not something that we can determine absolutely in actual cases. If a person is starving, this might actually lift taklif from that person because responsibility for accepting the message is dependent on being able to receive it.

The issue of receiving worldly relief needs to be given deeper reflection. Consider sumayyah radiallaahu anha, the first shahida of Islam who was tortured and killed. She was martyred before any worldly ease or victory came to the Muslims. Yet, this did not negate the fact that for her their is ease after that suffering.

It's easy to say God loves him that's why he is tested so much. So does God love the African Christians who are dying from hunger and starvation? Will they get into jannah? What kind of life do they have? They suffer in this world and then have hell fire to look forward to. I don't understand wallaahi I wish I had imaan like a strong Muslim.
    Thats actually a very good question, and i think most of us have thought about this.

The thing is Allah is just and will never do injustice to anyone, and Allah is also Most-wise, now if you combine these two, Just and Wise you realize that its in the Wisdom of Allah that anyone would go through pain in any shape or form. And dont you think that there is a reason why people are dying of hunger and starvation in Africa when clearly there's plenty of resources in their country? The reason is because of the dhulm committed by the west against the "third world", and since Allah is just, on the day of djugement, He will djuge between them, and each one will have his/her right.

Also remember the reason why we are in this world to begin with:

"Be sure We shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in goods, lives and the fruits (of your toil), but give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere. Who say: when afflicted with calamity: "To Allah we belong and to Him is our return." [2:155-156]

and also reflect upon this vers: "Recall that your Lord summoned all the descendants of Adam, and had them bear witness for themselves: "Am I not your Lord?" They all said, "Yes. We bear witness." Thus, you cannot say on the Day of Resurrection, "We were not aware of this." [7:172]
    Where are those who loved one another for My glory? Today i will shade them in My shade on the Day when there is no shade but Mine"

Muslim 16/123

http://muslimahbibliotek.blogspot.se/

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Umm Sayyid Qutb For This Useful Post:
    Bint Mahmood (26th June 2012), Striving4Sunnah (26th June 2012)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast