Evolution

This is a discussion on Evolution within the Beliefs and Fundamentals forums, part of the Main Topics category; Asalamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barkatuhu! In one of my classes we will be getting into the evolution theory in ...

Default Evolution

Asalamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barkatuhu!

In one of my classes we will be getting into the evolution theory in the next couple of weeks. Out of the two hundred or so students, I am practically the only Muslim. Likewise, my professor always singles me out because I am Muslim. I feel that I have an obligation on me to represent Islam to the best of my abilities. So inshaAllah if and when these questions come up; I would prefer to be ready.

Im okay with not knowing all the aspects of this topic, in general I dont really think that most of the ideas within this theory matter. However, I would like to know the basics in light of the Quran and Sunnah so that I may teach this to people. The rest I can leave at Allah knows best.

Is there any books that any of you recommend? The only one that I stumbled upon so far was by Harun Yahya, but my father did not want me to read that book. I guess the author perhaps delved into that which he should not have

Any ways, I dont really know what to trust as far as sources, and Im at a loss as far as where to start, so I need help from you all inshaAllah. Comments, opinions, suggestions, advice, and anything else are welcome as well.

With sincere salaams

Default Re: Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Ramla
    Asalamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barkatuhu!

With sincere salaams
    Waaleykum assalam wr wb

Sister I have read the Harun Yahya books, he seems to have strange beliefs, for example he seems to think that people will not leave hell once they get there. Anyway, he has a lot of arguments against the evolution theory. While some of them could be cirrect, in my opinion some sort of evolution did take place. For example people I think were much higher before, which is supported by the fact that Adam was very tall. And how surprised I was when I was a while ago a documentary where they had found a human sceleton which was about 2 mill years old, and guess what, people were much higher then. Basically the kafirs themselves are very puzzeled now.
    Bismillah! Alhamdulillah wa salatu wa salamu alya Rasul Allah!

Default k

The theory of evolution which states that this life had no beginning (i.e. it is eternal) is kufr. Whoever believes in this becomes a kafir.

Only Allah (swt) is eternal and Allah had no beginning. But everything created by Allah has a beginning (like the heavens, earths, angels, arsh, kursi, paradise, hell, etc).

Allah (swt) created everything from non-existence into existance.
    Aqeeda is the most important thing in this life.
    Ahlul Sunna are in the clear majority.

Muslim Male
    ali

The evolution is something that the kuffar want us to believe in which is why ur professor singles u out all the time. beware oh muslimah that this is their plot and intention.

as far as the issue itself then It would be best to state to him the truth .

we beleive that The Creator of the universe is the one who raises the level of anything. We beleive that we can becomebetter but not evolution. Evolution would mean to transfering the creational capabilities that Allah has alone, and put them on something that doesn't xist, which is evolution. So they performed shirk when they say that some types of beings can evolve from something to something els.

Tell them the truth.
    That all, yes ALL of their thoughts on this topic is conjecture and mere theoreticall thinking and not factual. While deen is. By that time the professor will prbably remove you fromthe class. and if they fail you then sue them for imposing and offending your religion.

this is my advise so take it or deny it it does not matter.

asalamu alaikum

The Darwin's theory of evolution is kufr, without a doubt. Moreover, even many kafir scientists who are called "creationists" have been successfuly arguing against Darwinism. One day these sceintists, find some bones, and perhaps inspired by Iblis they make up all sorts of false stories, another day, other scientists find other bones, and make up different stories. We are not to take our learned men and 'rabbies' as Lords, beside Allah.

However, this hadith shows that some changes did take place:

Bukhari Volume 4, Book 55, Number 543:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "Allah created Adam, making him 60 cubits tall. When He created him, He said to him, "Go and greet that group of angels, and listen to their reply, for it will be your greeting (salutation) and the greeting (salutations of your offspring." So, Adam said (to the angels), As-Salamu Alaikum (i.e. Peace be upon you). The angels said, "As-salamu Alaika wa Rahmatu-l-lahi" (i.e. Peace and Allah's Mercy be upon you). Thus the angels added to Adam's salutation the expression, 'Wa Rahmatu-l-lahi,' Any person who will enter Paradise will resemble Adam (in appearance and figure). People have been decreasing in stature since Adam's creation
    Bismillah! Alhamdulillah wa salatu wa salamu alya Rasul Allah!

someone once told me that becuase allah had turned a group of people into apes for their disobedience, finding their remains and their likeness to humans led to the evolution theory

and also genetecists are saying that genes determine the species so its impossible for humans to have been apes just as a cat to have been a dog

Muslim Male
    ali

actually what it probably is is that since allah cursed the yahood (some of them) to become to apes then later on in history they wanted the world to believe that they also came from apes and they would probably use the proofs from their own brethren of apes and swine to say "see, we told you" to the world

yeah rigth yahoodi kafir. we wont fall for that.

was it the yahoodis who were turnrd into apes and swine?
    funny how apes havent changed since they became men. they call it the missing link but in science we deal in absolutes there is no room for missing links and in science we test theories and chuck them out if they have no proof. no wonder evolution is not taught in a science like biology.

Default Re:

Asalamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barkatuhu.

I don't think the whole apes and swine thing happened yet. From what I remember, that hadeeth was in reference to the people of Basra, or perhaps people near Basra, and the event is supposed to take place close to the time of the hour.

However, I think that there was a hadeeth that mentioned people (yahudees) in the past being turned into apes. I don't remember the specifics of the situation or where I found the hadeeth.

This uncertainty is not good, we REALLY need to learn our hadeeths (:

Muslim Male
    ali

Allah says in the Quraan that He the most high had turned them into apes and the tafseer from ahadeeth and some statement of the imaams have already precedded hat this had already happened a long time ago, it happened to a selected group or tribe from amongst the yahood. It was not a curse that befell the whole nation of the yahood. Inshallah if i get some more baseerah on this issue then I will post it

asalamu alaikum