Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Haris Hammam, the slave and Shafi'i

This is a discussion on Haris Hammam, the slave and Shafi'i within the Islamic Theology and Ideology forums, part of the Islamic Knowledge category; As salamu alaykum Dear brothers, your already known friend Ebu Muqatil is coming back for some time to this forum. ...

Default Haris Hammam, the slave and Shafi'i

As salamu alaykum

Dear brothers, your already known friend Ebu Muqatil is coming back for some time to this forum. I will not be here too long since it is Ramadan and at this time there are better things to do and participation at this forum is surely not among them.

The topic I would like to adress is an interpreation of a passage from Imam Shafi'is book Risalah by Haris Hammam at Multaqa AH as well as at this forum. He says:

Quote Originally Posted by Harris Hammam View Post
    ... whether the Prophet made this the measuring stick to assess the Aqeedah of humanity. Maybe he should read what Imam al-Shafi'i had to say, who said exactly that in al-Risalah:...

and the passage from Risalah says: "And this is how the Prophet set the standard in everyone he tested for faith". On this follows the hadith of the slave girl.

So, the coprocreep (I have no idea what that means but the Deobandis use for him) says that Imam Shafi'i and therefore the Prophet hold the question "Where is Allah?" as a "standard measuring stick" for testing somebodies iman. However, I read the passage from Risalah and I do not see the context for this conclusion as presented by Haris Hammam. The chapter ???? ??? ???? ?? ????? ????? ??? ???? is about the obligation to follow the Qur'an and the Sunnah of the Prophet. Therefore before coming to the hadith Imam Shafi'i says that for iman the believe in Allah and the Prophet is necessary. The standard test in this case is not regarding Allah's 'uluw but rather on the affirmation of Allah and the Prophet.
    I am back dear english friends!
    (but not too long)

Default Re: Haris Hammam, the slave and Shafi'i

Oooo your back bro, your jokes were greatly missed
    "Pay attention to your heart, beware of raising yourself above others, and beware of belittling others"
    Sheikh Abdullah Azzam

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IbnMuhammed For This Useful Post:
    Abu'l 'Eyse (24th July 2012), AdamSami (25th July 2012)

Rep-manz

I'm a little teapot,
    Short and stout,
    Here is my handle,
    Here is my spout,
    When I get all steamed up,
    Hear me shout,
    Tip me up and pour me out!

Rofl!!!!!

I'm a little Kharaji
    Short and stout,
    Major league takfeeri
    From the millah I will take you out
    When I get all steamed up,
    Hear me shout,
    damn you murtad from this deen you are out!
    "Sit with one whose limbs address you, not his mouth." Sahl ibn `Abd Allah ibn Yunus, Abu Muhammad al-Tustari (d. 283), may Allah be well-pleased with him.

قال إبن عمر: "ولا يكن في قولك فضل على فعلك" ,أخرج البيهقي: شعب الإيمان وابن حجر العسقلاني: الإصابة في تمييز الصحابة

Ibn 'Umar said: "And do not let your words be in excess to your actions", Al-Baihaqi: Shu'ab al-Imaan and Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani: Al-Isaabah fee Taymeez as-Sahaaba

5. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Abu'l 'Eyse For This Useful Post:
    Aboo Muhammad (24th July 2012), Abu Hawwa (25th July 2012), Abu Hurairah (25th July 2012), Abu Saalehah (25th July 2012), Abu'l-Husayn (25th July 2012), abuhannah (24th July 2012), AdamSami (25th July 2012), Chief (25th July 2012), Die for Allah (25th July 2012), gag order (24th July 2012), Ibn Adam (25th July 2012), IbnIbrahim (25th July 2012), Ismail Ibrahim (20th December 2013), justabro (25th July 2012), Layth (25th July 2012), leo (25th July 2012), The.Joshua.Redux (25th July 2012), Tuwaylib (25th July 2012)

all I need to know is one thing my freind, when are you leaving for the land of No?

Zionism is to the Palestinian what Nazism was to the Jews

*lifting the gag on legitimate debate*

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gag order For This Useful Post:
    Umm DJ-N (25th July 2012)

"Eureka"!!!!

OK, thread finished. HH will not answer. Therefore I prooved the point and I leave again.
    (but not too long)

Rep-manz

"Don't cry for me Takferita!"
    "Sit with one whose limbs address you, not his mouth." Sahl ibn `Abd Allah ibn Yunus, Abu Muhammad al-Tustari (d. 283), may Allah be well-pleased with him.

قال إبن عمر: "ولا يكن في قولك فضل على فعلك" ,أخرج البيهقي: شعب الإيمان وابن حجر العسقلاني: الإصابة في تمييز الصحابة

Ibn 'Umar said: "And do not let your words be in excess to your actions", Al-Baihaqi: Shu'ab al-Imaan and Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani: Al-Isaabah fee Taymeez as-Sahaaba

Quote Originally Posted by Abu'l 'Eyse View Post
    "Don't cry for me Takferita!"
    How can I be a takfiri when I am not even wahhabi?
    (but not too long)

Quote Originally Posted by Ebu Muqatil View Post
    How can I be a takfiri when I am not even wahhabi?
    Haqq right there homeboy..Haqq,Haqq,Haqq,isn't that how Popeye laughed?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to abuhannah For This Useful Post:
    Abu'l 'Eyse (25th July 2012)

Rep-manz

Wahabis came AFTER the takfeeris like the khawarij. Unless your on some warped "back to the future" manhaj then you can be a takfeeri withou being a wahaabi, however you might actually be a Tak-fairy

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abu'l 'Eyse For This Useful Post:
    AdamSami (25th July 2012), gag order (25th July 2012)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast