Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

help needed

This is a discussion on help needed within the Islamic Theology and Ideology forums, part of the Islamic Knowledge category; asalamualaykum. i need help in understanding the correct aqeeda i read this article and its left me slightly confused. http://www.al-morrin.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16 ...

Default help needed

asalamualaykum.

i need help in understanding the correct aqeeda i read this article and its left me slightly confused.

http://www.al-morrin.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16

i would appreciate it very much if some brothers or sisters for that matter could explain to me(or refute)*******point by point the objections of the author to the statements of the salafi scholars.

i would paticularly like to know about bin baz's statement of Allah[swt]having limits which are known only to Allah[swt]

jazakAllah and may Allah[swt]reward you for helping a brother out.

And say not concerning that which your tongues put forth falsely: This is lawful and this is forbidden, so as to invent lies against Allaah. Verily, those who invent lies against Allaah will never prosper. [al-Nahl 16:116].

Syed Qutb (ra) when asked to seek pardon from nasser said
    Verily the index finger that testifies to the oneness of Allah in prayer utterly rejects to write even one letter that endorses the rule of the tyrant

Same accusations were made against Ibn Taymiyyah nothing is new in that post:

http://www.as-sahwah.com/viewarticle.php?articleID=743

Check this out as well:

http://www.islaam.net/main/display.php?category=27

salam Waziri

I read the link page posted by you. I am aware of Sheikh Bin Bazz making statements on 'Allah's limits' and 'parts'.

However, the post propagates Ashari aqeedhah, to say the least, whilst maintaining the loyalty to 'Aqeedah At-Tahawiya'. This is contradictory as Aqeedah At-Tahawiya is adopted as one of the aqeedhah references of Ahlus Sunnah.

Anyway, may be reading the link by 'terrorthreat' would clarify some of your enquiries regarding the Ashari aqeedah.

Do they not then consider the Quran carefully? Had it been from other than Allah, they would surely have found therein much contradictions (Quran 4:82)

'Ibn Taymiyyah Against the Logicians' p. 114:
    'What truth there lies in logic can be known without the logicians'

Default asalamualaykum

jazakAllah khair brothers for replying.

the links were helpfull to a certain extent but i think there is a differance in some of the accusations,for eg bilal philips had been accused of anthrapamorphism for saying Allah[swt]has a form not for affirming certain sifat.now i read a hadith somewhere in which the prophet[saw]used the word form but im not sure if it was authentic or not so i would appreciate it if someone could shed some light on that for me.

wasalam

ps here are the hadith i read in which the term form has been mentioned******* "Allah created Adam on His Form (soorah)" and another hadith: "I saw (in a dream) my Lord in His best Form (soorah)."

are they authentic?and if so is it ok to use the term form(soorah)to describe Allah[swt]obviously a form like no other and one *******that befits the majesty of Allah[swt].

jazakAllah khair

And say not concerning that which your tongues put forth falsely: This is lawful and this is forbidden, so as to invent lies against Allaah. Verily, those who invent lies against Allaah will never prosper. [al-Nahl 16:116].

Verily the index finger that testifies to the oneness of Allah in prayer utterly rejects to write even one letter that endorses the rule of the tyrant

Default Clarification still needed

Salam Wazirey (are you the same one as in the forum of Islam Channel?).

The following is an interesting link on 'Adam's image':

http://63.175.194.25/index.php?formtrans=dgn%3D4%7C&ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=bro wse&QR=20652

asalamualaykum.

jazakAllah khair brother logic for your reply the link was very helpfull.

so it seems to accuse bilal philips of likening Allah[swt]to the creation for using the term form is an unfounded allegation.

wasalam

(and yes brother logic its me from the islam channel forum.)

asalamualaykum.

i would appreciate it if some one could contribute further and elaborate on what has allready been said,

jazakAllah

im still not 100% clear as to bin baz's satatement of Allah[swt]having limits which are known only to himself,the link provided by brother terror threat explained hadd as being used to describe Allah[swt]being distinct from the creation.

would appreciate if someone could explain further in simple terms.

barakAllah

wasalam

Default Waszirey - On Sk Bin Bazz

Salam brother,

Regarding the statement of Sk Bin Bazz, the following is the link to a lecture by brother of*******ours*******Ibn Umar (who has researched on the 'Salafi' movement).

Please listen to the part from segment*******20 mins to 32 mins, where you will find the reference to what you are asking for. I myself need further clarification on the issue. But, this is for your information only:

*******http://www.sendspace.com/file/a6ydxr

Peculiarly Ostrobogulous Expergefactionist's Avatar
    Follow Expergefactionist On Twitter Add Expergefactionist on Facebook Add Expergefactionist on Google+

could someone please transcribe the relevant part of the audio and post it here?

wasalam

Default Asalamualaykum

jazakAllah khair brother logic i listened to the talk and mashaAllah it was very informative.

This is a very deep subject,i mean when the brother explained the hadith about Adam[as]being created in his form ie Adam's form not Allah's[swt],and the explanation to the hadith on the QnA*******site states that the word "his" is refering to Allah's form which according to the brother giving the lecture is a wrong understanding of the hadith.so i still dont know weather to describe Allah[swt]as having a form is allowed or not.weather form is a sifat of Allah[swt]or not.

Also it seems some of the accusations that are made against some of the salafi scholars of anthrapamorphism are legitamate.

i forget the name of the salafi who in one of his books claims Allah[swt]decends and then sits on a chair and then accends and sits on a chair may Allah[swt]protect us from such deviant understandings aaaammeeeeeen.

Also according to this brother, bin baz has no basis for saying that Allah[swt]has limits that are known only to him[swt].

yes brother logic further research and clarification is definatley needed.

could you please provide a bit more info about bro ibn umar is he based in the uk and are more of his lectures available?he didnt mince his words when he described the salafi movement as being the modern day khawaridge did he?

He talked alot about orthodox muslims but i just wish he had elaborated more and explained which scholars are to be trusted and refered to in such matters.Its like a minefield out there when trying to research for the correct understanding and creed.

any way jazakAllahkhair once again bro.

wasalam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast