Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Imam Qurtubi in defence of Imam Ibn Abd alBar regarding Allah being above the throne

This is a discussion on Imam Qurtubi in defence of Imam Ibn Abd alBar regarding Allah being above the throne within the Islamic Theology and Ideology forums, part of the Islamic Knowledge category; Assalamu alaykum Imam al Qurtubi rahimahu Allah, in his book "al Asna fi sharh Asma' Allah al Husna wa sifatih" ...

Default Imam Qurtubi in defence of Imam Ibn Abd alBar regarding Allah being above the throne

Assalamu alaykum

Imam al Qurtubi rahimahu Allah, in his book "al Asna fi sharh Asma' Allah al Husna wa sifatih" (tahqiq Irfan al Asha Hassunah),

defended the belief of Imam Ibn Abd al Bar al Maliki rahimahu Allah, regarding Allah being above the throne, here is the page in which

He negates him believing that Allah is a body touching the Throne, being limited and surrounded by the throne, but confirmes that Abu Umar ibn Abd al Bar believing Allah is above things, above the Throne seperate from it, and that Abu al Hasan believes that and other scholars who came before Imam Ibn Abd al Bar rahimahu Allah.
    but he himself (Imam al Qurtubi rahimahu Allah) doesn't have that belief (he does ta'wil to it), but he defends the Imam, saying that there were other scholars before him, some from the Salaf, having that belief, and having that belief does not make one mujasim/hashawi, as long as he doesn't beleive that He is on it like the creation are, touching it, being limited by it.

here are scanned pages, maybe if someone could translate it ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    {O you who believe ! Avoid much suspicions, indeed some suspicions are sins.} [49:12]

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Um Abdullah M. For This Useful Post:
    Abu'l 'Eyse (14th February 2014), braincheck (14th February 2014)

Peculiarly Ostrobogulous Expergefactionist's Avatar
    Follow Expergefactionist On Twitter Add Expergefactionist on Facebook Add Expergefactionist on Google+

JK for this... where did you buy the book from?
    A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Albert Einstein

Rep-manz

you can buy it online from www.fadakbooks.com

sister asmaa did you manage to locate the following quote:

‘The most correct of the beliefs (adhar al-aqwal), although I do not subscribe to it nor do I prefer it, is what is manifest in the verses and traditions, and (the statements of) the noble and the excellent ones, that Allah Subhanahu is upon His Throne, as He informed in His Books, without kayf, separate from His creation. This is basically the Madhab of the Salaf al-Salih.’
    "Sit with one whose limbs address you, not his mouth." Sahl ibn `Abd Allah ibn Yunus, Abu Muhammad al-Tustari (d. 283), may Allah be well-pleased with him.

قال إبن عمر: "ولا يكن في قولك فضل على فعلك" ,أخرج البيهقي: شعب الإيمان وابن حجر العسقلاني: الإصابة في تمييز الصحابة

Ibn 'Umar said: "And do not let your words be in excess to your actions", Al-Baihaqi: Shu'ab al-Imaan and Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani: Al-Isaabah fee Taymeez as-Sahaaba

in which chapter is it?
    the book is quite lengthy, if u can tell me in which chapter it would be easier

here is the download link for the book:
    http://www.mohdy.name/pdfs/gn_002.pdf

Rep-manz

i don't know which chapter sis, there is a chapter on istiwah but couldn't find the quote, found others though,
    "Sit with one whose limbs address you, not his mouth." Sahl ibn `Abd Allah ibn Yunus, Abu Muhammad al-Tustari (d. 283), may Allah be well-pleased with him.

قال إبن عمر: "ولا يكن في قولك فضل على فعلك" ,أخرج البيهقي: شعب الإيمان وابن حجر العسقلاني: الإصابة في تمييز الصحابة

Ibn 'Umar said: "And do not let your words be in excess to your actions", Al-Baihaqi: Shu'ab al-Imaan and Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani: Al-Isaabah fee Taymeez as-Sahaaba

Follow Expergefactionist On Twitter Add Expergefactionist on Facebook Add Expergefactionist on Google+

I couldn't find it either (although the section on istiwa which is there does the job, anyway)... but that particular quote I couldn't find. I haven't checked thoroughly, anyway.

It could also be that the manuscript the muhaqqiq relied on was tampered with? Because, Mar'i al-Karmi won't attribute something like this to a scholar without verification.

Albert Einstein

Rep-manz

yeah, also as-safarini quoted it as well no?

He did, too, but it seems he was simply quoting Mar'i al-Karmi from Aqawil al-Thiqat

Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Asmaa View Post
    in which chapter is it? the book is quite lengthy, if u can tell me in which chapter it would be easier, here is the download link for the book:http://www.mohdy.name/pdfs/gn_002.pdf
    Man this pdf is over 16mb over 400 pages, the quality of the images is not the best. It seems like they scanned each page, pasted it on word then pdf'ed it. Is it not possible to pdf a crystal clear word document... sorry Im asking much. I doubt the original copy is available from the publishers.

Assalamu alaikum brothers and sisters.

I still don't get all this. I mean I am a newby to the religion in terms of knoweldge.

Why does this people say Allah is not above the throne above the seven heaven when it is clear in the Quran and hadith?

It perplexes me, who stole their mind? I find it extremely funny. Can somone humour me?
    Last edited by Skillganon; 27th March 2007 at 10:45 AM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast