Most Women in Hellfire?

This is a discussion on Most Women in Hellfire? within the Islamic Theology and Ideology forums, part of the Islamic Knowledge category; Salamalikum Theres a hadith of most women in hellfire I don't know if i am in the right to say ...

Formerly 'LionofIslam'

Default Most Women in Hellfire?

Salamalikum

Theres a hadith of most women in hellfire
    I don't know if i am in the right to say this, but since these women are Muslim its temporary right? No one who has said La illaha IlAllah will stay in the fire forever.

Muslim Male
    FOS
    Banned

Default Re: Most Women in Hellfire?

Was it most women or most the dwellers of jahanam are women. In that case most men would be aswell as most of mankind are ungrateful More are kuffar than not walllahuallam. I was just clarifying I think you "misquoted" the meaning of the hadith akhi.

wa 'alaykumassalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh,

Akhi, I think the hadith you intend is: "O women, give in charity and seek forgiveness a great deal, for I have seen that you form the majority of the people of Hell." [Muslim]

There's a difference between saying: 'Most women will be in Hellfire,' and 'Most of Hellfire's inhabitants will be women.'

For example: Notice the difference between: 'Most Muslims are members on this message board,' and 'Most members on this message board are Muslim.' The first sentence is obviously not true - not by a long shot - and the second is true. The meanings are completely different.

With that said, in another hadith we are informed that the majority of mankind (both men and women!) will be in Hellfire. And that is because the majority of mankind are disbelievers, specifically Gog and Magog.

May Allah protect us and our families from Hellfire.

And Allah knows best.
    Last edited by 'Abd al-Kareem; 26th April 2011 at 03:21 AM.
    DISCLAIMER: Before you read any of my posts or accept any of my arguments, keep in mind that the above has been posted by a layman who, in most cases, would have been better off keeping silent.
    ~~~

ۖ
    And [all] faces will be humbled before the Ever-Living, the Sustainer of existence.
    And he who carries injustice will have failed.
    [20:111]

Default Reconciliation between '999 out of every 1,000' and '99 out of every 100'

Al-Bukhaari narrates from Abu Sa'eed that the Prophet (saw) said: 'Allaah will say, "O Aadam!" Aadam will reply, "I respond to Your call, I am obedient to Your commands, and all good is in Your hands." Then Allaah (swt) will say to Aadam, "Send forth the people of the Fire". Aadam will say, "How many are the people of the Fire?" Allaah (swt) will say, "Out of every thousand, take nine hundred and ninety-nine".

At that time, children's hair will turn grey and every pregnant female will spontaneously abort and you will see the people looking as if they are drunk, although they are not, but Allaah's punishment will be most severe".

This speech distressed his Companions and they said, "O Messenger of Allaah (saw), who amongst us will be that man (one in a thousand)?" He said, "Be of good cheer: the thousand will be from Ya'juj and Ma'juj (Gog and Magog) and the one will be from among you".'

It might be asked: How can we reconcile between these hadith and the report from Abu Hurayrah in Saheeh al-Bukhaari, in which the Prophet (saw) said that Allaah (swt) said to Aadam ('alayhis-salaam) - "Send forth [into Hell] ninety-nine out of every hundred [of your descendants]".

It is obvious that these reports do not contradict the other Saheeh reports that we have quoted above, because these figures are referring to different groups. The hadith that mention a ratio of nine hundred and ninety-nine may be interpreted as referring to all the progeny of Aadam, whilst the hadith of al-Bukhaari that mentions a ratio of ninety-nine may be interpreted as referring to the progeny of Aadam excluding Ya'juj and Ma'juj. This reconciliation is more likely to be correct - as Ibn Hajar suggests - because Ya'juj and Ma'juj are mentioned in the hadith of Abu Sa'eed whereas they are not mentioned in the hadith of Abu Hurayrah.

It may be said that the first hadith refers to all of creation, so the ratio of people admitted to Hell when all nations are taken into account is 999 in every thousand. The latter hadith of al-Bukhaari explains the ratio of people who will enter Hell from this ummah alone. Ibn Hajar (said) "This interpretation is supported by the words of the Sahabah in the hadith of Abu Hurayrah (ra): "If ninety-nine out of every hundred are taken from us, what will be left of us?" This division of people could happen twice: once involving all the nations, when one in a thousand will enter Paradise, and a second time involving this ummah alone, when ten out of every thousand will enter Paradise". (Fath al-Baari, 11/390).

Al-Jannah wa an-Naar
    In The Light of the Qur'aan and Sunnah
    Based on the Book by Dr. Umar Sulaiman al-Ashqar
    Last edited by 'Abd al-Kareem; 26th April 2011 at 03:22 AM.
    DISCLAIMER: Before you read any of my posts or accept any of my arguments, keep in mind that the above has been posted by a layman who, in most cases, would have been better off keeping silent.
    ~~~

ۖ
    And [all] faces will be humbled before the Ever-Living, the Sustainer of existence.
    And he who carries injustice will have failed.
    [20:111]

asalaamu alaykum waRahmatullah waBarakaatuh

Some even say bro that more women will be in hell, because there are more women in the world.

Banned

The Prophet salla Allahu Aalihe wa sallam did warn the muslim women that those who enter Hell fire are there because they are ungrateful to their husbands they complain too much , scary stuff may Allah direct us to right conduct ameen