Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

The Euphrates Will Disclose Mountain of Gold

This is a discussion on The Euphrates Will Disclose Mountain of Gold within the Islamic Theology and Ideology forums, part of the Islamic Knowledge category; Assalamu 'alaikum The final hour will not come until the river Euphrates (which flows through Syria and Iraq and finally ...

Default The Euphrates Will Disclose Mountain of Gold

Assalamu 'alaikum

The final hour will not come until the river Euphrates (which flows through Syria and Iraq and finally opens in the Gulf) will disclose a mountain of gold over which people will fight and die. It should be noted that this is a sign, which will precede Imaam Mahdi only according to some Ulama. Abu Huraira (R.A.) reported that the Messenger of Allah Peace and blessings be upon him said, ''The hour shall not occur until the Euphrates will disclose a mountain of gold over which people will fight . Ninety- nine out of which hundred shall be killed and every one of them will say' Perchance I shall be the one to succeed. ''(Muslim)
    In another narration we have been told that whoever is present at the time when the Euphrates discloses a mountain of gold should not take the gold.

Have any scholars ever mentioned anything about this hadith and if it might relate to anything that has happened?

A few years ago there was apparently some story on one Arabic news channel which showed Iraqis finding bits of gold in the river Euphrates. Allahu a'lam, maybe the time is coming soon...

I read in an article by Ali at-Tamimi in which he mentioned that Shaykh Hammud at-Tuwayjiri suggested in his book about the signs of yawm al-qiyamah that the drying up or diversion of the river Euphrates will occur around the same time as the "fitnah of ad-duhayma'", in which the believers will be sorted out from the munafiqin, just before the appearance of the Dajjal (and also, presumably, the Mahdi), wallahu a'lam.

Remember, though, that this doesn't necessarily mean they will occur immediately after one another, there might be years or decades between these events.

Assalamu 'alaikum

I dunno, I've always thought of that hadith as a metaphor. But I'm no scholar, nor am I even a tiny bit qualified to interpret hadith or anything. Maybe it'll literally be gold insha'Allah.

But akhi you said "just before the appearance of the Dajjal (and also, presumably, the Mahdi)," but Al-Mahdi is coming before the Dajjal insha'Allah. Won't Al-Dajjal come at the end of Al-Mahdi's reign, followed by 'Esa ('alayhi assalam) after about a year insha'Allah.
    wallahu a'lam

But akhi you said "just before the appearance of the Dajjal (and also, presumably, the Mahdi)," but Al-Mahdi is coming before the Dajjal insha'Allah. Won't Al-Dajjal come at the end of Al-Mahdi's reign, followed by 'Esa ('alayhi assalam) after about a year insha'Allah.
    I said "presumably" because there is some ikhtilaf about whether or not the Dajjal will come during the Mahdi's lifetime.

According to some scholars, the appearance of the Dajjal will come towards the end of the Mahdi's rule, followed by the descent of 'Isa ibn Maryam, who will kill the Dajjal. As for the Mahdi, he will bring to an end to a period of great fitnah and tribulation that will be affecting the Muslims. So they say that all of these things will occur in a short period of time, not more than 10 years.

According to other scholars, the Mahdi will come at a time of great fitnah, then he will die and be succeeded by a number of rulers, some of whom will be good and some of whom will be bad. Then one or two more periods of fitnah will follow, after which the Muslims will get their act together and defeat the Romans, conquer Constantinople and Rome, and then the Dajjal will appear around seven months after that, followed by 'Isa, 'alayhis-salam, who will kill him. So according to this view, there will be a period of perhaps several generations between the Mahdi and the Dajjal.

Both of these views are supported by many texts (ahadith and athar), but as most of these texts are weak in their authenticity (as well as some of them being contradictory), only Allah knows for sure how things will turn out.

If you have any more queries I am happy to go into further detail regarding these points according to whatever knowledge I have of them.

Assalamu 'alaikum

I thought 'Esa ('alayhi assalam) would pray janazah along with the Muslims for the Mahdi (indicating that there will be no gap)

a chronological order of events would be most helpful in understanding this somewhat perplexing subject.

Zionism is to the Palestinian what Nazism was to the Jews

*lifting the gag on legitimate debate*

Assalamu 'alaikum

That's not possible akhi because the scholars have differed on what will happen insha'Allah.

My understanding is that there will be a tyrant from the lineage of Abu Sufyan who will be a very very oppressive bloodthirsty dictator who will be so bad that he will kill pregnant women by cutting open their stomachs and killing the child as well. Then there will be a death of a ruler and there will be a lot of trouble about who should take the rule next. There will be trouble in Dhul-Qi'dah and during Hajj there will be fighting and killing and blood will flow. Al-Mahdi will flee to Makkah and he will be surrounded and be forced to accept people's bayah.
    The tyrant will send an army to kill the Mahdi but the earth will swallow them up, except for 1 or 2 who will inform the tyrant about what happened. He will not care and will get ready to attack again. People in Iraq and Syria will hear of these events and give their bayah to the Mahdi. And the first battle will be against the Suffyani tyrant.

Allah knows best.

the removal of apostate regimes?

it doesnt have to be accurate even a vague chronology is better than nothing.

Zionism is to the Palestinian what Nazism was to the Jews

*lifting the gag on legitimate debate*

Quote Originally Posted by gag order
    the removal of apostate regimes?

it doesnt have to be accurate even a vague chronology is better than nothing.
    http://nadeem.lightuponlight.com/

at the very end you'll find lectures by Anwar al Awlaki on this.
    Wallahu Allam!

http://video.google.com/googleplayer...53332243&hl=en

An informative video lecture about Dajjal where Shaykh Bilal says Dajjal will appear in the time of Mahdi, and that Isa will pray behind Mahdi.
    Wallahu Allam!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast