Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Three important work

This is a discussion on Three important work within the Islamic Theology and Ideology forums, part of the Islamic Knowledge category; I got hold of a new book recently. It is a collection of three classical theological works, edited by Dr. ...

Peculiarly Ostrobogulous Expergefactionist's Avatar
    Follow Expergefactionist On Twitter Add Expergefactionist on Facebook Add Expergefactionist on Google+

Default Three important work

I got hold of a new book recently. It is a collection of three classical theological works, edited by Dr. 'Abdullah b. Salih al-Barrak.

The work is called Majmu' fihi thalath rasa'il (A collection of three treatises), published by Dar al-Qatan, year 1998.

The treatises are:

1) al-Sirat al-Mustaqim fi Ithbat al-Harf al-Qadim by Ibn Qudama al-Maqdisi. (The Straight Path Regarding Affirming the Eternity of Letters)

It is generally a very good and well written work on Quran being the Speech of Allah, composed of letters and sound. Many of the arguments mentioned in this work are also to be found in other works by him in this topic. However, his tone in this work is very mild in comparison to his tone in Censure of Ibn 'Aqil and his rebuttal of the Ash'aris.

2) Ithbat al-Yad li-Llahi Subhanah by al-Dhahabi (Affirming a Hand for Allah, Glory be to Him!)

This is an excellent work by al-Dhahabi like the rest of his theological works where he not only collects all of the legal texts and reports from the Salaf with respect to affirmation of Hand as Allah's attributes, but also argues very well why we must affirm a Hand for Allah literally.

3) I'tiqad al-Imam Abi 'Abdillah Muhammad b. Idris al-Shafi'i by Abu al-Hasan 'Ali b. Ahmad al-Hakkari.

This is basically a collection of various reports from al-Shafi'i detailing his theological stance towards various creedal issues.

Each one of them deserve to be translated. May Allah give us the tawfiq to do so.
    A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Albert Einstein

Formerly - Abu_Abdallah

Quote Originally Posted by Abuz Zubair
    I got hold of a new book recently. It is a collection of three classical theological works, edited by Dr. 'Abdullah b. Salih al-Barrak.

The work is called Majmu' fihi thalath rasa'il (A collection of three treatises), published by Dar al-Qatan, year 1998.

The treatises are:

1) al-Sirat al-Mustaqim fi Ithbat al-Harf al-Qadim by Ibn Qudama al-Maqdisi. (The Straight Path Regarding Affirming the Eternity of Letters)

It is generally a very good and well written work on Quran being the Speech of Allah, composed of letters and sound. Many of the arguments mentioned in this work are also to be found in other works by him in this topic. However, his tone in this work is very mild in comparison to his tone in Censure of Ibn 'Aqil and his rebuttal of the Ash'aris.

2) Ithbat al-Yad li-Llahi Subhanah by al-Dhahabi (Affirming a Hand for Allah, Glory be to Him!)

This is an excellent work by al-Dhahabi like the rest of his theological works where he not only collects all of the legal texts and reports from the Salaf with respect to affirmation of Hand as Allah's attributes, but also argues very well why we must affirm a Hand for Allah literally.

3) I'tiqad al-Imam Abi 'Abdillah Muhammad b. Idris al-Shafi'i by Abu al-Hasan 'Ali b. Ahmad al-Hakkari.

This is basically a collection of various reports from al-Shafi'i detailing his theological stance towards various creedal issues.

Each one of them deserve to be translated. May Allah give us the tawfiq to do so.
    SubhanAllah - I copied thse books for you!
    مَنْ لَمْ يُنْصِفْ خُصُوْمَهُ فِي الاحْتِجَاجِ عَلَيْهِمْ ، لَمْ يُقْبَلْ بَيَانُهُ ، وَأَظْلَمَ بُرْهَانُهُ

Follow Expergefactionist On Twitter Add Expergefactionist on Facebook Add Expergefactionist on Google+

oh subhaanAllah! JazakumAllahu Khayran for the effort!! I just came across the book by chance and bought it!

You haven't sent it yet have you? Because I was thinking of buying the book for another brother, so may be you can give it to him?

And I hope other photocopies would reach me soon, InshaAllah!

Again... I cannot thank you enough!

Albert Einstein

Formerly - Abu_Abdallah

Keep the original for yourself. You can give the paper copy to someone else. I have copied also the Risalah fi Kalam Allah of Muwaffaq al-Din, beside the Munzarah ma'a Ahl al-Bida' of the same. The book you bought - and these two - are very good sources for Takhrij al-ahadith on al-Harf wa'l-Sawt.
    مَنْ لَمْ يُنْصِفْ خُصُوْمَهُ فِي الاحْتِجَاجِ عَلَيْهِمْ ، لَمْ يُقْبَلْ بَيَانُهُ ، وَأَظْلَمَ بُرْهَانُهُ

Quote Originally Posted by Sharif_Abu_Jafar
    Keep the original for yourself. You can give the paper copy to someone else. I have copied also the Risalah fi Kalam Allah of Muwaffaq al-Din, beside the Munzarah ma'a Ahl al-Bida' of the same. The book you bought - and these two - are very good sources for Takhrij al-ahadith on al-Harf wa'l-Sawt.

Mashallaah! Any chance you can scan and make a pdf of the work documenting at least all the dala'il on Sawt in radd to Asharee claims?

Risalah fi Kalam Allah of Muwaffaq al-Din
    Who is the editor?

Munzarah ma'a Ahl al-Bida'
    The one edited by al-Juday'?

There is also a book by him on the issue of harf and sawt in particular... al-'aqida al-salafiyya something... Do you have it? I have been looking for it without success.
    Mashallaah! Any chance you can scan and make a pdf of the work documenting at least all the dala'il on Sawt in radd to Asharee claims?
    I am currently working on Munzarah ma'a Ahl al-Bida' by Ibn Qudama, which is a summary of his violent discourse with the Ash'aris...

Albert Einstein

Rep-manz

violent discourse! what you mean?.......
    "Sit with one whose limbs address you, not his mouth." Sahl ibn `Abd Allah ibn Yunus, Abu Muhammad al-Tustari (d. 283), may Allah be well-pleased with him.

قال إبن عمر: "ولا يكن في قولك فضل على فعلك" ,أخرج البيهقي: شعب الإيمان وابن حجر العسقلاني: الإصابة في تمييز الصحابة

Ibn 'Umar said: "And do not let your words be in excess to your actions", Al-Baihaqi: Shu'ab al-Imaan and Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani: Al-Isaabah fee Taymeez as-Sahaaba

Quote Originally Posted by abu imaan an-nepalee
    violent discourse! what you mean?.......
    A bit of knife, win-chun, jujitsu may be?

By violent I mean remarks like, 'Ash'aris and Zanadiqa', who come up with beliefs that no mulhid has ever espoused, whoes leader, al-Ash'ari was good at nothing but kalam... Very harsh... not everything I would agree with... But the intention behind bringing this out is to show what it means to follow the traditional Hanbali madhab

Albert Einstein

Rep-manz

sounds like he would get banned from every forum on earth
    "Sit with one whose limbs address you, not his mouth." Sahl ibn `Abd Allah ibn Yunus, Abu Muhammad al-Tustari (d. 283), may Allah be well-pleased with him.

قال إبن عمر: "ولا يكن في قولك فضل على فعلك" ,أخرج البيهقي: شعب الإيمان وابن حجر العسقلاني: الإصابة في تمييز الصحابة

Ibn 'Umar said: "And do not let your words be in excess to your actions", Al-Baihaqi: Shu'ab al-Imaan and Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani: Al-Isaabah fee Taymeez as-Sahaaba

Asalamu alaykum

akhi what about safar hawalis book i thought another brother was translating it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast