Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Where in the world is Yajuj and Majuj?

This is a discussion on Where in the world is Yajuj and Majuj? within the Islamic Theology and Ideology forums, part of the Islamic Knowledge category; Asalamun alykum wa wr Ever since after the death of our beloved (sallahu alihi wasalam).Muslims tried to look for the ...

Exclamation Where in the world is Yajuj and Majuj?

Asalamun alykum wa wr

Ever since after the death of our beloved (sallahu alihi wasalam).Muslims tried to look for the wall of Yajuj and majuj.For instance,a khalifah during 50 hijri or after wallahu alam,He sent an army to look for the wall of yajuj and majuj.when they came back they told the khalifah that they founded it in ruins.Now my question is how is that possible?We dont have any saheed hadith from the prophet (SAW) telling us where the wall is...

Also,it is recorded in the books of history that the sahabas knew as well where the wall of yajuj n majuj was..now wallahu alam how accurate the information may be but..it just amazed me and I found it interesting.Does anyone have something to say about this? Jazzak Allah Khair:eek:

Banned

Default Re: Where in the world is Yajuj and Majuj?

Wa alaykas-Salaam,

Sources? Authenticity?

sources .... authenticity .....?

Quote Originally Posted by Abubakr1 View Post
    Thats what he is asking you i,.e do you have a source,link etc for what you stated in your first post ''a khalifah during 50 hijri or after''etc.etc...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Abubakr1 View Post
    Yes brother- Personally, I'd be happy to comment, however after hearing which 'book of history' the information that you presented is in, and which 'khalif' dispatched an army to find the wall of the Ya'juj and Ma'juj.

Often times I find that unverifiable or false reports are not worth commenting on, that's why I ask...

This is all I found

Ibn Jarir Tabari and Ibn Kathir have recorded the event, and Yaqut al-Hamawi has mentioned it in his Mujam-ul-Buldan that: when after the conquest of Azerbaijan, Umar sent Suraqah bin `Amr, in 22 A.H. (643CE) on an expedition to Derbent, the latter appointed `Abdur Rahman bin Rabi`ah as the chief of his vanguard.

When 'Abdur Rehman entered Armenia, the ruler Shehrbaz surrendered without fighting. Then when `Abdur Rehman wanted to advance towards Derbent, Shehrbaz informed him that he had already gathered full information about the wall built by Dhul-Qarnain, through a man, who could supply all the necessary details and then the man was actually presented before `Abdur Rehman. (Tabari, Vol. III, pp. 235-239; Al-Bidayah wan-Nihayah, Vol. VII, pp. 122-125, and Mu'jam-ul-Buldan, under Bab-ul-Abwab: Derbent
    Last edited by Butterknife al-Batil; 15th July 2010 at 04:18 AM.

Banned

^I checked the quotes from Ibn Kathir and Mu'jam al-Buldan.

Ibn Kathir does mention the account of Abd ar-Rahman bin Rabi'ah and says that he saw 'the gate of gates' and described it as copper and brass, however Ibn Kathir also reports after that about the people of the area who when asked if they saw the Ya'juj and Ma'juj responded yes and described them as a hands span tall or so.

Mu'jam ul-Buldan does not mention the part of Dhul Qarnayn but rather mentioned exactly how that gate was built, who it was built by, and who it was built for- none of which as to do with the Ya'juj wal-Ma'juj.

In both accounts the Turks and the Khazars are mentioned as those the Muslims were fighting at the time, and no doubt I've come across some accounts that claim they are the Ya'juj wal-Ma'juj, however that was weak from what I recollect.

But the first post seems to take for granted several things that have not panned out from a perusal of the only quotes available provided by brother Saif.

Namely that Muslims have been loooking for the wall since the time of the Prophet SAWS; and that the Khalifah sent out the army to look for the wall; and that the Companions RA knew where the wall was- all these things seem very presumptuous at this point...
    Last edited by Ibn al-Iskandar; 15th July 2010 at 05:15 AM.

Formerly 'Field Marshall' | just too raw Clutch Cargo's Avatar

This has little to do with anything but years ago I remember one Arab guy I know used to call the Chinese Ya'juj wal-Ma'juj. His reasoning was that these people eat absolutely anything.

Banned

Now that's funny....But seriously, I believe there may be a weak report proposing that they are the Chinese as well, again in one of the books of Islamic history...

Salafi (Retd.)

أين يقع سد يأجوج ومأجوج؟ - ملتقى أهل الحديث

Al-Sa'di speculated they may be the Chinese or something along those lines. It created quite a bit of controversy at the time. Some mashayikh were upset and King 'Abdul-'Aziz requested that he not discuss the issue lest it kindle fitna so the shaykh agreed. His book on the topic is now recently printed for the first time:

هل يوجد كتاب عن يأجوج ومأجوج للشيخ السعدي رحمه الله ؟ - ملتقى أهل الحديث
    فوائد من محاضرة((الشيخ عبد الرحمن السعدي كما عرفته)) للشيخ ابن عقيل [الأرشيف] - ملتقى أهل الحديث

*A few notes: I haven't read al-Sa'di's book, and up until now, I don't agree with the view. Sh. ibn Uthaymin mentioned this view in one of his classes and said it was a possibility (something I'm very skeptical of).

**Another note: ibn Ashur identified Dhul-Qarnayn in his Tafsir as the Chinese emperor responsible for building the Great Wall of China! Ibn Ashur's Tafsir is a modern masterpiece but this is definitely an error.
    The Hawaalian Alliance
    Faith - Insight - Progress

God be with you, Don Quixote! Many are the windmills from which you have saved the Ummah!
    http://madkhalis.com/2013/06/the-qui...dkhali-and-co/

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast