Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Yahoodi Concept of God?

This is a discussion on Yahoodi Concept of God? within the Beliefs and Fundamentals forums, part of the Main Topics category; As-salaamu 'alaikum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh, I've been wondering for a while now what the Jewish concept of God is... ...

Default Yahoodi Concept of God?

As-salaamu 'alaikum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh,

I've been wondering for a while now what the Jewish concept of God is... it's obviously not Tawheed, but it's not Trinity either - so what is it, exactly?
    Can anyone (bro Yusuf al-Khattab, perhaps?) briefly and concisely explain what the Yahood believe about Allah and how it contradicts Tawheed?

JazakAllahu khairan.

Asalaamu alaikum

Jews have alot of sects, which have wide ranges of different beliefs. I've come across some who believe in reincarnation, and yet there are others who have totally different beliefs to that.

Anyway, here's a good link insha Allah:

http://jews-for-allah.org/

The site's made by brother Yusuf Al Khattab, and his pictures on the homepage. Insha Allah it'll benefit.

Senior Member Abdullah Ali al Hanafi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnonyMousey View Post
    As-salaamu 'alaikum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh,

I've been wondering for a while now what the Jewish concept of God is... it's obviously not Tawheed, but it's not Trinity either - so what is it, exactly?
    Can anyone (bro Yusuf al-Khattab, perhaps?) briefly and concisely explain what the Yahood believe about Allah and how it contradicts Tawheed?

JazakAllahu khairan.
    http://www.irf.net/irf/drzakirnaik/dznindex.htm

Dr Zakir Naik has an interesting ebook called the concept of God in major religions

'Amal Ahl al-Madina Suhaib Jobst's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnonyMousey View Post
    Although written from a christian perspective, the following book documents the true nature of jewish "monotheism":

www.come-and-hear.com/dilling/chapt06.html

ISLAM remains separated from the various other religions, particularly the so-called "monotheistic" faiths. While the jews and christians may consider that they are "monotheistic", let us stand distinct and proclaim the Tawhid, which is not theistic but a profound reality. It is submission to Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala).

TAFKA BM

Well, the Jewish faith is monotheistic in a very general sense. Theoretically speaking, Judaism has a strong stance on the oneness of God which any Muslim can appreciate:

"I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. You shall have no other gods before me" (Exodus 20:2-3)

"Do not bow down before their gods or worship them or follow their practices. You must demolish them and break their sacred stones to pieces" (Exodus 23:24)

"Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD alone." (Deuteronomy 6:4)

"Do not associate with these nations that remain among you; do not invoke the names of their gods or swear by them. You must not serve them or bow down to them" (Joshua 23:7)

With that clearly noted, the problem with the Jews is there extreme arrogance and their quickness to transgresses the boundaries that Allah has set for them, and indeed their own corrupted Torah is a proof against them: they were quick to abandon the revelation of the prophet Musa to worship the Golden Calf, their consistent ingratitude to their Lord and their grumbling against him (for example about the food they were feed from God, instead asking for onions, garlic, etc), their persecution and slaying of the prophets sent to them (they sawed Isaiah in half, they killed Zachariah, beheaded Yahya, and tried to kill Jesus, though God saved him), their corruption and distortion of their scriptures, they took their Pharisees and rabbis as lords beside Allah, they claimed that the Hand of Allah is chained up, they claimed that they were rich and Allah was in poverty, and this is just a small sample of their activities as found in both the Qur'an and the Bible.

* (I'll comment more on this when I get the chance, insha'Allah, with specific references).

Anonymousey,

I have wondered this aswell........

Although it seems that many Muslims always raise political disputes with them, few aqeedah matters like the golden calf, killing Prophets are mentioned BUT, the Jews may not admit to this.....

Maybe some more help can be given.
    I can't take no more then 4 wives...Sorry!

asalam alaikum akh

nah its in their scripture still, but subhan Allah there's pure evil in what they say since they accuse Prophet Haroon of carving the calf!

So you see that they have alot of evil against the Prophets, including Prophet Sulaiman, Prophet Lut and Prophet Noah too.

But the stories remain in their scripture, although with some alterations.

but do they admit to this?

im not denying that they did this, the Qu'ran is clear, but if you in a debate with a Jew, thne we need to use verses from their own books.

Jews today don't worship calfs do they? Also, who is Ezra and do todays Jews say Ezra is the son of God?

Maaaan I wish their was some Islamic articles on this.

Quote Originally Posted by asharee_salafi View Post
    but do they admit to this?

im not denying that they did this, the Qu'ran is clear, but if you in a debate with a Jew, thne we need to use verses from their own books.

Just do a google search, you'll find it. It's easy to access the Bible online (the bible consists of the Old Testament [supposedly what Moses received of the Torah and the Psalms of David] and New Testament [the Gospels of what some guys writ who were Christians - Christians don't believe that Jesus had a Gospel since they believe he is god])

Here's a link on the incident from the Bible:

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...US%2032:1-33:6

It's in Exodus 32: 1-6

In the Qur'an it's in Surah Ta-Ha 20: 83 (with tafsir)

You might find this thread relevant for an Islamic explanation of where Bani Israel went astray from:

Articles Required

Jews today don't worship calfs do they? Also, who is Ezra and do todays Jews say Ezra is the son of God?

Maaaan I wish their was some Islamic articles on this.

the explanation is given here, that it was some jews during the time of Rasulullah (sal Allahu alaihi wasalam) and not the jews of today:

http://idawah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69

That actually supports our understanding that Bani Israel have gone through soooo many different stages, so different sects have arisen with different beliefs. Because they were influenced by other religions and cultures.

Allah knows best.

ah ha!

thanks for this

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast