Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm late for Jumah salat.......

This is a discussion on I'm late for Jumah salat....... within the Islamic Law forums, part of the Islamic Knowledge category; Assalamu alaykom A scenario....... Arrive late at masjid and either Jumah Salat has finished or I need wudu & by ...

Banned

Default I'm late for Jumah salat.......

Assalamu alaykom

A scenario....... Arrive late at masjid and either Jumah Salat has finished or I need wudu & by the time I'm ready jama'ah salat is over. Some have left & some are doing sunnah. Look around....... no sign of a late jama'ah salat under way anywhere. I'm on my own.

What do I do..... 2 rak'ats as per Jummah or regulation Thuhr: 4 rak'ats?

Default Re: I'm late for Jumah salat.......

As you say: Jum'ah is over.

Pray Dhuhr.

Better still, get there EARLY.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tisatashar View Post
    Assalamu alaykom

A scenario....... Arrive late at masjid and either Jumah Salat has finished or I need wudu & by the time I'm ready jama'ah salat is over. Some have left & some are doing sunnah. Look around....... no sign of a late jama'ah salat under way anywhere. I'm on my own.

What do I do..... 2 rak'ats as per Jummah or regulation Thuhr: 4 rak'ats?
    Good question.

We have all been in this situation. I spoke to a brother who prays 2 rakats. Says that there is no evidence for four.

الفقير الى الله

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

It is agreed on by scholars of Islam that whoever miss the Salaat of Juma'a then he is obligated to pray as Dhuhr. Additionally, who does not catch it due to invalid excuse then he committed a sin that he need to repent from and never be late on the Juma'a again.

For Further reading and see the evidences on this matter, view the following link

Islam Question and Answer - How should a person who has missed Jumu’ah pray?

Wallahu A'lam
    اللهم أجبلني على ما جبلت أشج عبد قيس
    واجعل إنتصاري وغضبي لك وحدك فلك الحمد ولك المنة
    واعصمني من الجدل والمراء وكثرة الكلام والسفه
    فبك أستعين وبك أعوذ وعليك التكلان

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ayman bin Khaled View Post
    بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

It is agreed on by scholars of Islam that whoever miss the Salaat of Juma'a then he is obligated to pray as Dhuhr. Additionally, who does not catch it due to invalid excuse then he committed a sin that he need to repent from and never be late on the Juma'a again.

For Further reading and see the evidences on this matter, view the following link

Islam Question and Answer - How should a person who has missed Jumu’ah pray?

Wallahu A'lam
    Wa alayka assalam Ayman.

A clarification plz.

You quote:
    "It is agreed on by scholars of Islam that whoever miss the Salaat of Juma'a..."
    Q & A use only e.g. "Whoever misses Juma'a...." Meaning the word salat is left out.

The masjid I attend for Juma'a is soofy-ish. I don't like / disagree with some things the imam says in Khutbah. So much so, I wait outside until time for salat. The masjid I prefer is 30 minutes travelling away, so that's an over an hour just for travelling. It's not practical.

Do the hadiths/ulema mean Juma'a salat or both khutbah & salat?

الفقير الى الله

Wa alayka assalam Ayman.

A clarification plz.

You quote: Q & A use only e.g. "Whoever misses Juma'a...." Meaning the word salat is left out.

The masjid I attend for Juma'a is soofy-ish. I don't like / disagree with some things the imam says in Khutbah. So much so, I wait outside until time for salat. The masjid I prefer is 30 minutes travelling away, so that's an over an hour just for travelling. It's not practical.

Do the hadiths/ulema mean Juma'a salat or both khutbah & salat?
    They mean the Salaat of Juma'a which they refer to as Juma'a or Salaat of Juma'a.

Missing the Khutba in purpose is a sin and whoever miss it with a valid excuse then he is excused. That said, you need to attend the Khutba regardless what your stand against the Imam.

Wallahu A'lam

Abu Shawarma

As-Salaamu 'Alaykum

I read somewhere that if you miss three consecutive jum'ah prayers you have to retake your shahadah, but I have not seen any proof for this. Is it true?
    أَوَمَن كَانَ مَيْتًا فَأَحْيَيْنَاهُ وَجَعَلْنَا لَهُ نُورًا يَمْشِي بِهِ فِي النَّاسِ كَمَن مَّثَلُهُ فِي الظُّلُمَاتِ لَيْسَ بِخَارِجٍ مِّنْهَا كَذَٰلِكَ زُيِّنَ لِلْكَافِرِينَ مَا كَانُوا يَعْمَلُونَ

{“And is one who was dead and We gave him life and made for him light by which to walk among the people like one who is in darkness, never to emerge therefrom? Thus it has been made pleasing to the disbelievers that which they were doing.’”}

Al-An'aam 122

Banned

If the Imam is spruking from the mimbah that our mujahideen are not from Islam & work for the CIA & Mossad and at the same time calls for wala to the kuffaar it seems odd that if I refuse to listen by sitting outside the masjid Allah SWT will record this against me. Muhammad SAWS said something like when the end time troubles come buy some goats & sheep & go live alone in the mountains. ( my ruff recollection of hadith - NOT a QUOTE). That'd cancel all your jummahs due to the tyranny of distance.

Looks like more research is required. I wonder if the sahabah & tabi'een ever boycotted the khutbahs of the bad rulers and governors?

الفقير الى الله

Quote Originally Posted by Isma'eel View Post
    As-Salaamu 'Alaykum

I read somewhere that if you miss three consecutive jum'ah prayers you have to retake your shahadah, but I have not seen any proof for this. Is it true?

That is a say with no proof and never come across any scholar who says so. However, the hadeeth states that whoever miss the Jum'aa three consecutive times then Allah seal on his heart and the Hadeeth is in the Sahih.

wallahu A'lam

الفقير الى الله

If the Imam is spruking from the mimbah that our mujahideen are not from Islam & work for the CIA & Mossad and at the same time calls for wala to the kuffaar it seems odd that if I refuse to listen by sitting outside the masjid Allah SWT will record this against me. Muhammad SAWS said something like when the end time troubles come buy some goats & sheep & go live alone in the mountains. ( my ruff recollection of hadith - NOT a QUOTE). That'd cancel all your jummahs due to the tyranny of distance.

Looks like more research is required. I wonder if the sahabah & tabi'een ever boycotted the khutbahs of the bad rulers and governors?
    My beloved brother,

Even if he said all that. You still obligated to attend the Khutba that is your duty.

The creed of Ahlu Al-Sunnah is to pray behind every Muslims even if he was Fasiq or oppressor. You should have asked people of knowledge before acting on your own and that is something that every muslims need to do otherwise they will fall into major sins without realizing so as it just happened to you.

So you have to attend the Khutba and ask people of knowledge from now on inshallah when you come situation that require you to do something about it.

Barak Allahu feekum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast