Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is it halal to sell a ps2 ?? Urgent

This is a discussion on Is it halal to sell a ps2 ?? Urgent within the Fiqh and its Application forums, part of the Main Topics category; Asalmu Alakium Would it be halal to sell a play station 2 at the proper second hand market price. I ...

Default Is it halal to sell a ps2 ?? Urgent

Asalmu Alakium
    Would it be halal to sell a play station 2 at the proper second hand market price.
    I ask this as this is a device that can be used for harram.
    The 2 main issues are :
    Harram content in some games .
    Use of Pirated games ... as done by many people in my country ..

pls help me if u need any info pls ask

May Allah guide and bless us all

Pls help may allah reward ull

Banned

Are all games halal? (visuals and audio?)

If there are some games that are halal then it should be fine.

It's like selling a car. You have no idea what it will be used for and it's not your business to probe either.

In fact, think of how Prophet (s) gave silk to one of the male Sahaba (rA) and said to sell it to someone who can wear it (ie: disbelieving man) and make profit out of it. (Again, short on my references! subhanAllaah.) And anything can be used in a bad way varies from individuals. One thing you can do is if you are selling it first-hand, you can advise the buyer to use it wisely. Allaahu 'Alam.

Quote Originally Posted by abumuwahid View Post
    Are all games halal? (visuals and audio?)

If there are some games that are halal then it should be fine.

It's like selling a car. You have no idea what it will be used for and it's not your business to probe either.
    may allah reward u but dont most people use it for harram and what if u knw that the user will most likely do so .
    Last edited by hilal_salaf; 21st January 2009 at 08:45 AM.

Bro hilal, I would advise you to ask someone who is qualified in issuing fatawaa, not random people on forums. And I suggest everyone reflect on the salafs refrainment of passing fatawaa, even though sometimes they knew the answer they would refer the questioner to someone more able in passing a ruling.

^good advice mashaAllaah, first resort.

my 2cents

maybe a safe thing to do is sell it to a Muslim you trust. weigh good versus evil--ask yourself: WHY am i selling this (do i need the money, does owning this object do harm to me? or benefit me? or is it neutral? whats more important to me in this case, money or preventing harm?) Some ppl choose to destroy their items after weighing out all the options (as I have in the past, but haven't dealt with video games). At the end of the day, its your Taqwa of Allaah and understanding of the Deen. Can someone share the fatwa they find on this?

I found this:

Selling haraam and doubtful things

Assalamu alikum. I understand that selling haram things are probihibited. If I have a grocery store and I sell soaps, toothpastes etc that contain haram or doubtful ingredients, shall I commit sin?
    Thanks.

Praise be to Allaah.

It is not permissible to sell them because when Allaah forbids a thing He also forbids its price. Ibn Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with them both) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: Allaah has cursed the Jews because fat was forbidden to them, but they sold it and took its price. When Allaah forbids something he also forbids its price. (Reported by Imaam Ahmad, 2546).

With regard to doubtful things, it is better not to sell them, so as to be free of any blame, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said. Al-Numaan ibn Basheer said: I heard him saying, I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: What is permitted is clear and what is prohibited is clear, and between them are doubtful things which many people do not know about. Whoever avoids doubtful things will be on the safe side with regard to his religion and his honour, but whoever falls into doubtful things will fall into haraam things. (Reported by Muslim, 2996). And Allaah is the Source of Strength

Islam Q&A
    Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

looking for my greenbird abuyasin's Avatar

selling PS in itself nothing wrong with it as well as playing it is not haram as the rule is everything which is not act of worship is halal unless proven otherwise but the games is what you need to check ie if the games are ok then you do sell them otherwise it is not allowed. wa Allahu Aalam

Banned

I believe that the onus is upon the one who says that something is haram to prove so, since the basic premise in fiqh is that everything is halal except what Allah and His Messenger has forbidden.

By the way. You can watch dvds on a ps2, even quran dvds.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ibn Muhammad View Post
    Bro hilal, I would advise you to ask someone who is qualified in issuing fatawaa, not random people on forums. And I suggest everyone reflect on the salafs refrainment of passing fatawaa, even though sometimes they knew the answer they would refer the questioner to someone more able in passing a ruling.
    I believe that the onus is upon the one who says that something is haram to prove so, since the basic premise in fiqh is that everything is halal except what Allah and His Messenger has forbidden.

By the way. You can watch dvds on a ps2, even quran dvds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast