Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Is Using A Tasbeeh Biddah (beads)

This is a discussion on Is Using A Tasbeeh Biddah (beads) within the Islamic Law forums, part of the Islamic Knowledge category; salam alaikum I want to know if using a tasbeeh is a biddah, alot of my salafi friends tell me ...

Default Is Using A Tasbeeh Biddah (beads)

salam alaikum

I want to know if using a tasbeeh is a biddah, alot of my salafi friends tell me that it is ?

salams

w alaykum assalam

Not all Salafi scholars believed it to be bidah.

shaikh Ibn Uthaimin rahimahu Allah was one of the scholars who didn't believe it was bidah.

you will find shaikh Ibn Uthaimin's fatwa regarding it in the following answer from Islam Q&A website:

http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref=3009&ln=eng&txt=prayer%20beads

Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen (al-Liqa’ al-Maftooh, 3/30) was asked whether using the masbahah for tasbeeh is bid’ah, and his reply was: “It is better not to do tasbeeh with the masbahah, but it is not bid’ah, because there is a basis for it, which is the fact that some of the Sahaabah did tasbeeh with pebbles. But the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) taught that tasbeeh with the fingers is better, as he said, ‘Count with the fingertips, for they will be made to speak.’ Doing tasbeeh with the masbahah is not haraam or bid’ah, but it is better not to do it, because the one who does tasbeeh with the masbahah has shunned something better. Using the masbahah may also be contaminated with some element of showing off, because we see some people carrying masbahahs that contain a thousand beads, as if they are telling people, ‘Look at me, I do a thousand tasbeehs!’ Secondly, those who use the masbahah for tasbeeh are usually absent-minded and not focused, so you see them doing tasbeeh with the beads, but their gaze is wandering all over the place, which indicates that they are not really concentrating. It is better to do tasbeeh with one’s fingers, preferably using the right hand rather than the left, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to count his tasbeeh on his right hand. If a person counts his tasbeeh using both hands, there is nothing wrong with that, but it is better to use the right hand only.”

Thank you for the greatttttttttttt answer.

Sa'd ibn Abu Waqqas reported that once the Prophet, peace be upon him, saw a woman who had some date-stones or pebbles which she was using as beads to glorify Allah. The Prophet, peace be upon him, said to her, "Let me tell you something which would be easier and more excellent for you than that." So he told her to say instead Subhan-Allah 'adada ma khalaqa fil-ard wa subhan Allah 'adada ma khalaqa bayna zhalika wa subhan-Allah 'adada ma huwa khaliq wa Allahu akhar mithla zhalik wa la ilaha illa-Allahu mithla zhalik wa la hawla wa la quwwata illa mithla zhalik (Glory be to Allah as many times as the number of what He has created in Heaven, Glory be to Allah as many times as the number of what He has created on Earth, Glory be to Allah as many times as the number of what He has created between them, Glory be to Allah as many times as the number of that which He is creating, Allah is the most great a similar number of times, praise be to Allah a similar number of times, and There is no god but Allah a similar number of times, and there is no might and no power except with Allah a similar number of times).'' (Reported by the Compilers of the Sunan and Al-Hakim, who says it is a sound hadith according to the criterion of Muslim

الراوي: سعد بن أبي وقاص
    أنه دخل مع رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم على امرأة وبين يديها نوى أو حصى تسبح به فقال أخبرك بما هو أيسر عليك من هذا أو أفضل ؟ - فقال : - سبحان الله عدد ما خلق في السماء ، سبحان الله عدد ما خلق في الأرض ، سبحان الله عدد ما بين ذلك ، سبحان الله عدد ما هو خالق ، والله أكبر مثل ذلك ، والحمد لله مثل ذلك ، ولا إله إلا الله مثل ذلك ، ولا حول ولا قوة إلا بالله مثل ذلك

thread moved to fiqh and application
    Wakee' ibn Jarrah once said, 'The intelligent one is he who understands the ways of Allah, not him who has understood the ways of this world.'

MM: Your Deeds Would Shame all the Devils in Hell

إني أحبك في الله ♥♥♥

magoo check ur inbox
    حسبنا الله ونعم الوكيل وعلى الله توكلنا

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dharr Al Kashmiri View Post
    magoo check ur inbox
    sorted bro
    Wakee' ibn Jarrah once said, 'The intelligent one is he who understands the ways of Allah, not him who has understood the ways of this world.'

MM: Your Deeds Would Shame all the Devils in Hell

Sometimes ill use the beads and just go through 'la illaha illa allah' multiple times. Is this alright? I dont even specify but i find that i concentrate better if im using the dhikr beads.

Pro-Tawheed

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlus Sunnah View Post
    Sometimes ill use the beads and just go through 'la illaha illa allah' multiple times. Is this alright? I dont even specify but i find that i concentrate better if im using the dhikr beads.
    I find them useful too. When I have them in my hand, I tend to do much more zikr, than otherwise, however, I dont count a particular number either. Sometimes I do tasbeeh on fingers too. I wonder if its OK? It seems Ibn Uthaymin (r) says its OK? Or is this another strange opinion from him?

[U.P. Islamic Battalion] Deobandi_Sapahi_1866's Avatar

Default tasbeeh...

trust me i dont want to begin a civil war , however its just a common tactic of a certain hizb who i will only refer to as "SS" to claim the use of tasbeeh is bidah. its apart of their "dawah" to take such a minor thing which isnt at all bidah as we can see from our brothers great compilations, however they strive to make minor issues a difference of kufr and belief, ie: if its cold outside for instance and you put your pant legs down to keep your legs warm they make takfir on you and insist you are "mis guided" or as they trademark the phrase "off the manhaj" in the same way if you do not subscribe to their nafs oriented cult doctrine of how to preform salaat then also they are very harsh on you. but at the same time a real kafir (jew, xitan etc.) approaches them they smile at them and treat them like royalty...madness pure madness....

..of course i cant forget to mention..

BEWARE THE BRELVI MENACE.
    Last edited by Deobandi_Sapahi_1866; 2nd May 2008 at 11:35 AM.
    ASALAMU ALAIKOUM WR. WB.

لَوْ كَانَ عَرَضاً قَرِيباً وَسَفَراً قَاصِداً لاَّتَّبَعُوكَ وَلَـكِن بَعُدَتْ عَلَيْهِمُ الشُّقَّةُ وَسَيَحْلِفُونَ بِاللّهِ لَوِ اسْتَطَعْنَا لَخَرَجْنَا مَعَكُمْ يُهْلِكُونَ أَنفُسَهُمْ وَاللّهُ يَعْلَمُ إِنَّهُمْ لَكَاذِبُونَ

[9:41]
    تم سبکبار ہو یا گراں بار (یعنی مال و اسباب تھوڑا رکھتے ہو یا بہت، گھروں سے) نکل آؤ۔ اور خدا کے رستے میں مال اور جان سے لڑو۔ یہی تمہارے حق میں اچھا ہے بشرطیکہ سمجھو

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast