Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Not praying Salah is Kufr?

This is a discussion on Not praying Salah is Kufr? within the Islamic Law forums, part of the Islamic Knowledge category; assalam alaykoum I'm looking for a english translation of the book entitled Hukm tarik as salt written by cheikh al ...

Default Not praying Salah is Kufr?

assalam alaykoum

I'm looking for a english translation of the book entitled Hukm tarik as salt written by cheikh al albani.

Somebody have some link ?

2C oursels as ithers C us Umm Ahmed's Avatar

wa 'alaykum asalaam.

The phrophets prayer described do you mean ? if thats what your looking for , below has the link for that.

http://www.dar-us-salam.com/images/R01-Prophet'sPrayer.jpg
    Deeds are your money on the day of judgement , make sure you collect plenty now.

Say (O Muhammad SAW):"I am not a new thing among the Messengers (of Allh) (i.e. I am not the first Messenger) nor do I know what will be done with me or with you. I only follow that which is revealed to me, and I am but a plain warner." (Al-Ahqaf 46:9)

Senior Member Detainee no. 05315-748's Avatar

'Alaykum as-Salam;

No, it is a different book than the one describing the prayer. al-Albani had a separate book about the ruling on abandoning the prayer.

I've never seen it in English, though.

assalam alaykoum

baraka Allahou fikoum Umm-Ahmed wa Abu Sabaayaa

Quote Originally Posted by Abou_Tourab View Post
    assalam alaykoum

I'm looking for a english translation of the book entitled Hukm tarik as salt written by cheikh al albani.

Somebody have some link ?
    waalaykm as salaam akhi,

There is a much better book written by Imaam Ibn ul Qayyim on the very same topic akhi which goes into more detail on related topics.

Wallahu aalim.

Imaam Malik was once asked whether one was safe to follow a ruling related to him by reliable narrators who heard it from companions of the Prophet (peace be upon him). he replied, 'No, by Allah, not unless it is correct: the truth is only one. Can two opposing opinions be simultaneously correct? The opinion which is correct can be only one" [ Jami' Byan al-'Ilm ]

Salafi (Retd.)

and it also endorses the other opinion, that the tarik as salah is a kafir

Follow Tuwaylib On Twitter Add Tuwaylib on Facebook

Default questions on 'tark as-salah'

It seems to be a solitary opinion of the hanbalis that tark as-salah is kufr akbar.

is the pronouncement of him/her of who abandons salah being kafir automatic? or is it similar to the one (according to the mashaykh of najd) who comits shirk akbar; ala dhahir he is kafir and the dunyawi hujjah is for the hadd?

from what i learned the imam must call this person to pray and if he does not respond he is jailed for 3 days and threatened with execution. And after all that he would be killed as a murtad. (so during this period of time would the jailed one be considered kafir?)

practically speaking if someone was jailed and threatened because he left prayer, i doubt there would exist a person who would remain stuborn enough to invite execution.

also the hadith mentions 'as-salah' so abandonment of total salah what i understood...is this correct? or what are the opinions of the various scholars on this?

and finally it mentions 'tark' - abandoning or leaving, linguisticually would this not neccessitate that the person prayed at one point in his/her life? i mean what a person grows up 'muslim' but was never really taught the importance of salah, he commits no shirk... would he be considered as one who 'abandoned' salah?

jazakumAllahu khair

: ,

, , , ,

You may want to refer to this link for more information.

: .

I believe Ibn Qayyim has a book on the matter as well.

Follow Tuwaylib On Twitter Add Tuwaylib on Facebook

interesting article.......however it does not answer my more pointed questions regarding the actual meaning of 'abandoning' and issue of being jailed and etc. other than that it was beneficial and i never seen an article in which the author distinguishes been tarik as-salah and tarik al muhafadhah

: ,

, , , ,

Quote Originally Posted by Tuwaylib View Post
    interesting article.......however it does not answer my more pointed questions regarding the actual meaning of 'abandoning' and issue of being jailed and etc. other than that it was beneficial and i never seen an article in which the author distinguishes been tarik as-salah and tarik al muhafadhah
    Can you read arabic proficiently akhi.?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast