Recitation during the 2 rakahs of fajr....

This is a discussion on Recitation during the 2 rakahs of fajr.... within the Islamic Law forums, part of the Islamic Knowledge category; Bismillah, As salaamu 3laykum, I pray you are all in the best of health and Imaan insha Allaah.I have a ...

in prison...... 'ad-duniya sijnul mu'min'

Default Recitation during the 2 rakahs of fajr....

Bismillah, As salaamu 3laykum, I pray you are all in the best of health and Imaan insha Allaah.I have a question regarding recitation during the 2 rakaahs of fajr.Is it permissible to recite a certain amount of ayahs from one surah and then a certain amount from another surah in one rakah? (e.g. in the first rakah I read 10 ayahs of surah al Baqarah and10 ayahs of surah at tawbah)BaarakAllaahu feekum
    "There is nothing in our book, the Qur'an, that teaches us to suffer peacefully. Our religion teaches us to be intelligent. Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery." - Malcolm X

www.savethefamilyhome.com

Do not forsake your brothers and sisters, wherever they maybe.....
    remember them in your prayers.

Forward

Default Re: Recitation during the 2 rakahs of fajr....

Quote Originally Posted by UmmTayyib View Post
    Bismillah, As salaamu 3laykum, I pray you are all in the best of health and Imaan insha Allaah.I have a question regarding recitation during the 2 rakaahs of fajr.Is it permissible to recite a certain amount of ayahs from one surah and then a certain amount from another surah in one rakah? (e.g. in the first rakah I read 10 ayahs of surah al Baqarah and10 ayahs of surah at tawbah)BaarakAllaahu feekum
    Wa 'alaykum salam

Sister there is nothing wrong with reciting 2 different suras in 2 rakats. As long as you don't do it because you think its virtuous. Apart from the fact that our Prophet Muhammad صلي الله عليه وسلم recited certain suras at certain times. For example, reading Suraty As-Sajda and Al-Insaan in Fajr of Jumu'ah.

Is that the order of soorahs is not tawqeefi; it is the result of ijtihaad on the part of some of the Sahaabah.

There was no ijmaa’ (consensus) among the Sahaabah on the order of soorahs; the order in the Mus-haf of ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood – for example – is different from that in the Mushafs of others.
    In the Sunnah there is evidence that supports the view that it is permissible:
    (A) Hudhayfah said: I prayed with the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) one night, and he started to recite al-Baqarah. I thought, he will do rukoo’ when he reaches one hundred aayaat, but he kept going. I thought, he will complete it in one rak’ah, but he kept going. I thought, he will do rukoo’ now, but he started to recite al-Nisaa’, and he recited all of it, then he started to recite Aal ‘Imraan and recited all of it… (Narrated by Muslim, 772).
    Al-Imaam al-Bukhaari said:
    Al-Ahnaf recited al-Kahf in the first rak’ah and Yoosuf or Yoonus in the second, and he said that he had prayed Fajr with ‘Umar and he had done the same.
    (Baab al-Jam’ bayna Sooratayn fi’l-Rak’ah, in Kitaab al-Adhaan).
    With regard to the latter part of your question, we say:
    It is permissible to recite aayahs 50-60 of al-Baqarah in the first rak’ah, then to recite aayahs 1-20 of al-Baqarah in the second rak’ah, because then the meaning of the passage will be complete.
    But reciting aayahs 10-20 means that one is cutting off the meaning, so it is better not to do this. Perhaps you mentioned the numbers only by way of example and you did not mean these particular aayaat. And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
    Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
    الإمام ابن القيم الجوزية رحمه الله فقال: بل الدين كله هو الخلق، فمن زاد عليك في الخلق، فقد زاد عليك في الدين
    مدارج السالكين ج2 ص

Imam Ibn Al-Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah رحمه الله said: Religion consists entirely of good character (الدين كله هو الخلق). Whoever surpasses you in good character surpasses you in religion.
    اللهم يا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلوبنا على دينك

3. The Following User Says Thank You to أبو جنبية For This Useful Post:
    UmmTayyib (11th October 2011)

I don't think that answered the sister's question.

The first quote is about reciting whole suwar but in a different order in one raka'ah, and the second is about reciting from incomplete, different parts of the same surah in different raka'at.

I think the sister wants to know about reciting incomplete different suwar in the same raka'ah, kind of the mix between the two scenarios you posted. Maybe she can clarify but that's what I understood (would also be interested to get the answer).

Forward

What I meant is some people may think reciting such and such Sura is special or you will get more reward. Like some people do for Surah Ya-Sin.

Islam Question and Answer - Singling out verses from some soorahs to recite them at times of hardship and difficulty
    الإمام ابن القيم الجوزية رحمه الله فقال: بل الدين كله هو الخلق، فمن زاد عليك في الخلق، فقد زاد عليك في الدين
    مدارج السالكين ج2 ص

Imam Ibn Al-Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah رحمه الله said: Religion consists entirely of good character (الدين كله هو الخلق). Whoever surpasses you in good character surpasses you in religion.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to أبو جنبية For This Useful Post:
    UmmTayyib (11th October 2011)

Yes I meant different parts of a surah in the same rakaah.BaarakAllaahu feekum.
    "There is nothing in our book, the Qur'an, that teaches us to suffer peacefully. Our religion teaches us to be intelligent. Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery." - Malcolm X

Forward

The 2nd quote should answer that for you. As it says, it's better to recite in order for both Rakats, so wouldn't it make sense to do the same in one rakat? Allah knows best.
    مدارج السالكين ج2 ص

As salaamu 3laykum, I just the following question on islam-qa.
    Kinda relates to this : Islam Question and Answer - Reciting Surahs and Aayahs in a different order

BaarakAllaahu feekum