Shaykh Al-'Arifi on Taqleed

This is a discussion on Shaykh Al-'Arifi on Taqleed within the Fiqh and its Application forums, part of the Main Topics category; ...............................................

Abu Shawarma

Default Shaykh Al-'Arifi on Taqleed

ٰ

{And is one who was dead and We gave him life and made for him light by which to walk among the people like one who is in darkness, never to emerge therefrom? Thus it has been made pleasing to the disbelievers that which they were doing.}

Al-An'aam 122

Follow Tuwaylib On Twitter Add Tuwaylib on Facebook

Default Re: Shaykh Al-'Arifi on Taqleed

Sadly, I must say that is Salafi Fiqh. Easy to say: The hadith didn't reach ash-Shafi'i or Abu Hanifah... The rest seemed like good advise after the 'adillah' part.

: ,

, , , ,

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tuwaylib For This Useful Post:
    ahmad10 (19th February 2012)

salamo alaykom... hmmm It's strange to me that salafi' da'ee and even sometimes I feel like it's even the scholars.
    Who endorse the slogan "The hadith didn't reach him" and they relate this to the opinion of the mazhab...

I don't want to say they are concealing the truth, because what a charge that would be on a Muslim brother. But it's either that or no one has explained to (the majority of salafi's) that a mazhab opinion is not based on 1 man, and a single ijtihad.

For example if imam shafi'i did not come to know a hadith, surely al Bayhaqi / Ghazzali / Nawwawi did. So following a mazhab is not following a single imam including his errors. It's actually stronger then following Albani (rah) for example. Because he is 1 man and could have "missed the hadith"

This is the only issue about salafi's which sometimes makes me doubt if there on the truth like... SoubhanAllah Aqeedah , I agree with you guys, but I don't fall for the salafi fiqh anymore.... and I would really like some answers !

Quote Originally Posted by Abdul Malik View Post
    salamo alaykom... hmmm It's strange to me that salafi' da'ee and even sometimes I feel like it's even the scholars.
    Who endorse the slogan "The hadith didn't reach him" and they relate this to the opinion of the mazhab...

I don't want to say they are concealing the truth, because what a charge that would be on a Muslim brother. But it's either that or no one has explained to (the majority of salafi's) that a mazhab opinion is not based on 1 man, and a single ijtihad.

For example if imam shafi'i did not come to know a hadith, surely al Bayhaqi / Ghazzali / Nawwawi did. So following a mazhab is not following a single imam including his errors. It's actually stronger then following Albani (rah) for example. Because he is 1 man and could have "missed the hadith"

This is the only issue about salafi's which sometimes makes me doubt if there on the truth like... SoubhanAllah Aqeedah , I agree with you guys, but I don't fall for the salafi fiqh anymore.... and I would really like some answers !
    Take a look at the "the deception of sunni forum..." thread in the fiqh section, it's a detailed research into the whole topic of Taqlid, the guidelines the ulema have set out for what the layperson should do etc.
    And say not concerning that which your tongues put forth falsely: This is lawful and this is forbidden, so as to invent lies against Allaah. Verily, those who invent lies against Allaah will never prosper. [al-Nahl 16:116].

Syed Qutb (ra) when asked to seek pardon from nasser said
    Verily the index finger that testifies to the oneness of Allah in prayer utterly rejects to write even one letter that endorses the rule of the tyrant