Shortened Iqamah?

This is a discussion on Shortened Iqamah? within the Islamic Law forums, part of the Islamic Knowledge category; Near the place I work I go to pray salah and there are few Malaysian brothers and one thing ive ...

Default Shortened Iqamah?

Near the place I work I go to pray salah and there are few Malaysian brothers and one thing ive noticed is when praying in Jamaah they do a shortened Iqamah, so for example rather than say Ash hadu an la ilaha illal lah or Haya Alas Salah twice they do it once. Now I have never ever come across this, so was wondering is this allowed? if not will my Salah be accepted?

JazakAllah khair
    "I am a traveler seeking the Truth, a human searching for the meaning of humanity, and a citizen seeking dignity, freedom, stability and welfare under the shade of Islam. I am a free man who is aware of the purpose of his existence and calls, truly, my prayer and my sacrifice, my life and my death, are all for Allah, the Cherisher of the worlds; He has no partner. This I am commanded and I am among those who submit to His Will. This is who I am. Who are you?" - Hasan Al-Banna

Default Re: Shortened Iqamah?

The shortened Iqama is the majority opinion I believe, I think its only the ahnaf that do the double Iqama.
    And say not concerning that which your tongues put forth falsely: This is lawful and this is forbidden, so as to invent lies against Allaah. Verily, those who invent lies against Allaah will never prosper. [al-Nahl 16:116].

Syed Qutb (ra) when asked to seek pardon from nasser said
    Verily the index finger that testifies to the oneness of Allah in prayer utterly rejects to write even one letter that endorses the rule of the tyrant

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Die for Allah For This Useful Post:
    Aboo Muhammad (12th February 2012), ahmad10 (12th February 2012), s-b-r (12th February 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by waziri View Post
    The shortened Iqama is the majority opinion I believe, I think its only the ahnaf that do the double Iqama.
    Ah I see never knew that, I have never come across anyone who do shortened Iqamah even people I know who are Shafi, Salafi etc

But if it's legit then AlhamdulIllah
    "I am a traveler seeking the Truth, a human searching for the meaning of humanity, and a citizen seeking dignity, freedom, stability and welfare under the shade of Islam. I am a free man who is aware of the purpose of his existence and calls, truly, my prayer and my sacrifice, my life and my death, are all for Allah, the Cherisher of the worlds; He has no partner. This I am commanded and I am among those who submit to His Will. This is who I am. Who are you?" - Hasan Al-Banna

i do the shortened iqamah u described

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Farouk For This Useful Post:
    Aboo Muhammad (12th February 2012), s-b-r (12th February 2012)

The iqama of Abu Mahdhura is the longer one which is preferred by the Hanafiyya. The shortened Iqama is of Bilal which is preferred by the Shawafe. It is only a matter of afzaliyyat and not jawaz.
    WS.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Butshikan For This Useful Post:
    C.i.B. (13th February 2012), s-b-r (13th February 2012)