What is

This is a discussion on What is within the Islamic Law forums, part of the Islamic Knowledge category; Many times I see that the Arabic word [] is translated as "knowledge" in English. Knowledge is defined by Oxford ...

Default What is

Many times I see that the Arabic word [] is translated as "knowledge" in English.

Knowledge is defined by Oxford dictionary as:

facts, information, and skills acquired through experience or education; the theoretical or practical understanding of a subject:
    However, I'm interested in the definition of [] according to the classical scholars.

If someone can answer, I would appriciate it.

jazakullahu khairan

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tomato For This Useful Post:
    Aboo Shayba (4th May 2012)

WAHHAABI NOT JADEEDI Aboo Shayba's Avatar
    "Toilet - surrounded by land mines" - Abu Hamza Al-Masri
    Add Aboo Shayba on Facebook Add Aboo Shayba on Google+

Default Re: What is

Shaykh Uthaymeen (RH):

. :
    : .

Shaykh Saalih Al-Fawzaan (HA):

DISCLAIMER:

Since particular members on this forum have lost their sense of being just to all regardless of affiliation, and believe that for some there is no justice, and if you do give justice to those who deserve no justice then you yourself are counted as being one who sides with them, defends them, shows sympathy to them. I therefore, must clarify and make clear that
    i am ANTI-ISIS!
    - now can we please stop whining?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    - For if upon Allah you do rely
    -
    The intrigues of his slaves can bring no pains.

Syed Qutb (May Allaah accept him)

"
    Ilm [Knowledge] is that which vanishes from committing sins. And is not obtained by a sinner. If solely word-ism was the name of Ilm, it would come together with sin, too - but even with Kufr [Disbelief]. Otherwise in Beirut and Germany Christians are instructors of Arabic, their memory is very strong and their mind is very fast. So, one comes to know that Ilm is not the name of that.

The reality of real Ilm is Noor [Light], regarding which it is said in the Quran, ["There has come to you from Allah a Light and clear Book." - 5:15]. And this has been given a Ruh [Soul] as well, ["...and has helped them with a Spirit from Him." - 58:22]. Enough, in reality exactly this is Ilm."

Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi (Rahimahullah)

Imaam ash-Shaafi'ee (rh) said:
    "I complained to Wakee' (his teacher) about the poorness of my memory
    So he directed me to abandon disobedience
    And informed me that the knowledge of Allaah is light
    And [that] the light of Allaah does not guide the disobedient"