Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

al-yaqoubi

This is a discussion on al-yaqoubi within the Da'wah and Methodology forums, part of the Main Topics category; Assalamu Alaikum I was wondering whether anyone here knows anything about Sheikh Yaqoubi's lineage - both his 'spiritual' one and ...

Default al-yaqoubi

Assalamu Alaikum

I was wondering whether anyone here knows anything about Sheikh Yaqoubi's lineage - both his 'spiritual' one and his literal one. I ask because I read that he is a descendant of the prophet sallalahu alayhi wa sallam, and I ask about his spiritual one because most of the chains of other sheikhs and supposed saints that I've come across seem to be broken in some place or other, but I can't find Yaqoubi's in the first place! Someone I was talking to was saying that Yaqoubi is a descendant and has a spiritual lineage therefore his point on a matter is quite valid (that this point alone means what he says is 'right', so to speak) or at least it seemed like this was the point being made.

Jazakallah

In Pursuit of Virtue Abu Mus'ab al-Maldifi's Avatar

Default Re: al-yaqoubi

The law of Allah should not be voted over. To give the people the choice whether to apply Sharia or not reflects a fundamental problem in the understanding of Tawhid. - Imam Anwar Awlaki

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abu Mus'ab al-Maldifi For This Useful Post:
    abul hafsa (11th September 2011), Bint Mahmood (12th September 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by mena View Post
    Assalamu Alaikum

I was wondering whether anyone here knows anything about Sheikh Yaqoubi's lineage - both his 'spiritual' one and his literal one. I ask because I read that he is a descendant of the prophet sallalahu alayhi wa sallam, and I ask about his spiritual one because most of the chains of other sheikhs and supposed saints that I've come across seem to be broken in some place or other, but I can't find Yaqoubi's in the first place! Someone I was talking to was saying that Yaqoubi is a descendant and has a spiritual lineage therefore his point on a matter is quite valid (that this point alone means what he says is 'right', so to speak) or at least it seemed like this was the point being made.

Jazakallah
    You should pose your question to his students:

info@sacredknowledge.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by damascene View Post
    You should pose your question to his students:

info@sacredknowledge.co.uk
    Jazakallah akhi I'll probably actually do that as I'd like to know.

wa alikum salaam,
    I hope this doesn't mean that you will make "taqleed" on his a'qeedah / manhaj and opinions, without asking for adilah from nusous (textual evidence)...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Muneer88 For This Useful Post:
    Abu'l 'Eyse (11th September 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Muneer88 View Post
    wa alikum salaam,
    I hope this doesn't mean that you will make "taqleed" on his a'qeedah / manhaj and opinions, without asking for adilah from nusous (textual evidence)...
    Salam,

No not at all! I don't plan to really take opinions from him. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Someone I was speaking to was saying that he is an authority simply because of his lineage (both blood and spiritual) and I disagree that this should make him an authority in matters, and was just intrigued as to what his lineage actually is. I hope I've clarified my intention here. So many people claim to be a descendant of the prophet sallalahu allayhi wa sallam that I just wanted to see if there's anything to show that he genuinely is - but this doesn't mean that IF he is I will start taking his opinions on matter. I doubt that will happen at all.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bint Mahmood For This Useful Post:
    Abu'l 'Eyse (11th September 2011)

Abu Shawarma

Abu Lahab had closer ties to the Prophet (SAW) than any of these charlatans like Al-Jifri and Yaqoubi. So what?
    ٰ

{And is one who was dead and We gave him life and made for him light by which to walk among the people like one who is in darkness, never to emerge therefrom? Thus it has been made pleasing to the disbelievers that which they were doing.}

Al-An'aam 122

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Layth For This Useful Post:
    Aboo Muhammad (11th September 2011), Abu'l 'Eyse (11th September 2011), al-omari (18th September 2011), Bint Mahmood (11th September 2011), maaqib (11th September 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Shawarma View Post
    Abu Lahab had closer ties to the Prophet (SAW) than any of these charlatans like Al-Jifri and Yaqoubi. So what?
    I never thought about it like that but I wholeheartedly agree.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bint Mahmood For This Useful Post:
    Abu'l 'Eyse (11th September 2011), Layth (11th September 2011)

Rep-manz

Mild shiteism
    "Sit with one whose limbs address you, not his mouth." Sahl ibn `Abd Allah ibn Yunus, Abu Muhammad al-Tustari (d. 283), may Allah be well-pleased with him.

: " " , : :

Ibn 'Umar said: "And do not let your words be in excess to your actions", Al-Baihaqi: Shu'ab al-Imaan and Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani: Al-Isaabah fee Taymeez as-Sahaaba

Justice for those who are oppressed!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Shawarma View Post
    what makes alyaqobi a charlatan?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast