Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

al-yaqoubi

This is a discussion on al-yaqoubi within the Da'wah and Methodology forums, part of the Main Topics category; Assalamu Alaikum I was wondering whether anyone here knows anything about Sheikh Yaqoubi's lineage - both his 'spiritual' one and ...

  1. #1
    Senior Member Bint Mahmood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,840

    Default al-yaqoubi

    Assalamu Alaikum

    I was wondering whether anyone here knows anything about Sheikh Yaqoubi's lineage - both his 'spiritual' one and his literal one. I ask because I read that he is a descendant of the prophet sallalahu alayhi wa sallam, and I ask about his spiritual one because most of the chains of other sheikhs and supposed saints that I've come across seem to be broken in some place or other, but I can't find Yaqoubi's in the first place! Someone I was talking to was saying that Yaqoubi is a descendant and has a spiritual lineage therefore his point on a matter is quite valid (that this point alone means what he says is 'right', so to speak) or at least it seemed like this was the point being made.


    Jazakallah

  2. #2
    In Pursuit of Virtue Abu Mus'ab al-Maldifi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    841

    Default Re: al-yaqoubi

    The law of Allah should not be voted over. To give the people the choice whether to apply Sharia or not reflects a fundamental problem in the understanding of Tawhid. - Imam Anwar Awlaki


  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abu Mus'ab al-Maldifi For This Useful Post:
    abul hafsa (11th September 2011), Bint Mahmood (12th September 2011)

  4. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: al-yaqoubi

    Quote Originally Posted by mena View Post
    Assalamu Alaikum

    I was wondering whether anyone here knows anything about Sheikh Yaqoubi's lineage - both his 'spiritual' one and his literal one. I ask because I read that he is a descendant of the prophet sallalahu alayhi wa sallam, and I ask about his spiritual one because most of the chains of other sheikhs and supposed saints that I've come across seem to be broken in some place or other, but I can't find Yaqoubi's in the first place! Someone I was talking to was saying that Yaqoubi is a descendant and has a spiritual lineage therefore his point on a matter is quite valid (that this point alone means what he says is 'right', so to speak) or at least it seemed like this was the point being made.


    Jazakallah
    You should pose your question to his students:

    info@sacredknowledge.co.uk

  5. #4
    Senior Member Bint Mahmood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,840

    Default Re: al-yaqoubi

    Quote Originally Posted by damascene View Post
    You should pose your question to his students:

    info@sacredknowledge.co.uk
    Jazakallah akhi I'll probably actually do that as I'd like to know.

  6. #5
    Muneer88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Posts
    1,454

    Default Re: al-yaqoubi

    wa alikum salaam,
    I hope this doesn't mean that you will make "taqleed" on his a'qeedah / manhaj and opinions, without asking for adilah from nusous (textual evidence)...

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Muneer88 For This Useful Post:
    Abu'l 'Eyse (11th September 2011)

  8. #6
    Senior Member Bint Mahmood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,840

    Default Re: al-yaqoubi

    Quote Originally Posted by Muneer88 View Post
    wa alikum salaam,
    I hope this doesn't mean that you will make "taqleed" on his a'qeedah / manhaj and opinions, without asking for adilah from nusous (textual evidence)...
    Salam,

    No not at all! I don't plan to really take opinions from him. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Someone I was speaking to was saying that he is an authority simply because of his lineage (both blood and spiritual) and I disagree that this should make him an authority in matters, and was just intrigued as to what his lineage actually is. I hope I've clarified my intention here. So many people claim to be a descendant of the prophet sallalahu allayhi wa sallam that I just wanted to see if there's anything to show that he genuinely is - but this doesn't mean that IF he is I will start taking his opinions on matter. I doubt that will happen at all.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bint Mahmood For This Useful Post:
    Abu'l 'Eyse (11th September 2011)

  10. #7
    Abu Shawarma
    Layth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    12,999

    Default Re: al-yaqoubi

    Abu Lahab had closer ties to the Prophet (SAW) than any of these charlatans like Al-Jifri and Yaqoubi. So what?
    ٰ


    {And is one who was dead and We gave him life and made for him light by which to walk among the people like one who is in darkness, never to emerge therefrom? Thus it has been made pleasing to the disbelievers that which they were doing.}

    Al-An'aam 122

  11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Layth For This Useful Post:
    Aboo Muhammad (11th September 2011), Abu'l 'Eyse (11th September 2011), al-omari (18th September 2011), Bint Mahmood (11th September 2011), maaqib (11th September 2011)

  12. #8
    Senior Member Bint Mahmood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,840

    Default Re: al-yaqoubi

    Quote Originally Posted by Abu Shawarma View Post
    Abu Lahab had closer ties to the Prophet (SAW) than any of these charlatans like Al-Jifri and Yaqoubi. So what?
    I never thought about it like that but I wholeheartedly agree.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bint Mahmood For This Useful Post:
    Abu'l 'Eyse (11th September 2011), Layth (11th September 2011)

  14. #9
    Rep-manz
    Abu'l 'Eyse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    11,736

    Default Re: al-yaqoubi

    Mild shiteism
    "Sit with one whose limbs address you, not his mouth." Sahl ibn `Abd Allah ibn Yunus, Abu Muhammad al-Tustari (d. 283), may Allah be well-pleased with him.

    : " " , : :

    Ibn 'Umar said: "And do not let your words be in excess to your actions", Al-Baihaqi: Shu'ab al-Imaan and Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani: Al-Isaabah fee Taymeez as-Sahaaba




    Justice for those who are oppressed!

  15. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,498

    Default Re: al-yaqoubi

    Quote Originally Posted by Abu Shawarma View Post
    Abu Lahab had closer ties to the Prophet (SAW) than any of these charlatans like Al-Jifri and Yaqoubi. So what?
    what makes alyaqobi a charlatan?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256