Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Blind Following one of The Four Madhabs

This is a discussion on Blind Following one of The Four Madhabs within the Identity, Activism and Unity forums, part of the Main Topics category; Blind Following one of The Four Madhabs 27 03 2009 Imam Abu Haneefah said: If the hadeeth is saheeh then ...

Default Blind Following one of The Four Madhabs

Blind Following one of The Four Madhabs

27 03 2009
    Imam Abu Haneefah said: If the hadeeth is saheeh then that is my madhhab. And he said: It is not permissible for anyone to follow what we say if they do not know where we got it from. According to another report he said: It is haraam for the one who does not know my evidence to issue a fatwa based on my words. And according to another report he added: We are human, we may say something today and retract it tomorrow. And he said: If I say something that goes against the Book of Allaah or the report of the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), then ignore what I say.
    Imam Maalik said: I am only human, sometimes I make mistakes and sometimes I get things right. Look at my opinion and whatever is in accordance with the Quraan and Sunnah, take it, and whatever is not in accordance with the Quraan and Sunnah, ignore it. And he said: There is no one after the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) whose words cannot be taken or left, apart from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).
    Imam al-Shafiee said: There is no one who will not be unaware of some of the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Whatever I say or whatever guidelines I establish, if there is a report from the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) which is different to what I said, then what matters is what the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, and that is my opinion.
    Imam Ahmad said: Do not follow me blindly and do not follow Maalik or al-Shafiee or al-Awzaai or ath-Thawri blindly. Learn from where they learned. And he said: The opinion of al-Awzaai and the opinion of Maalik and the opinion of Abu Haneefah are all mere conjecture and it is all the same to me. Rather evidence is to be found in the reports i.e., in the shari evidence.
    Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah said: No one has to blindly follow any particular man in all that he enjoins or forbids or recommends, apart from the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). The Muslims should always refer their questions to the Muslim scholars, following this one sometimes and that one sometimes. If the follower decides to follow the view of an imam with regard to a particular matter which he thinks is better for his religious commitment or is more correct etc, that is permissible according to the majority of Muslim scholars, and neither Abu Haneefah, Maalik, al- Shafiee or Ahmad said that this was forbidden.
    Majmoo al-Fataawa, 23/382.
    The fear of The Lord is the beginning of wisdom. The knowledge of the Holy One is beginning of understanding.

Default Re: Blind Following one of The Four Madhabs

Kalaamu al-haqq uriida bihi al-baaTil.

You know what is the most laughable about what you just posted?

You quoted quotes enjoigning not follow blindly one man, and then you put the title "blind following one of the four madhhab," suggesting that you believe that following the Hanafi madhhab = following Abaa Haniifa.

That just mean you probably self-humiliated yourself in front of anyone who does understand what is the reality of following a madhhab.

Otherwise, I fail to understand how can you conclude from Ahmad's words that he his speaking to someone else than a 'aalim/speaking to every single muslim of the world.

I also fail to understand how the fatwa of Ibn Taymiyya is supposed to mean "each time there is a khilaaf between the 'ulamaa, look at the daleel and do tarjiih of this opinion of this opinion according to the strongest daleel, even if you don't have any clue about ikhtilaaf on the ahaadiith, even if you miss basic arabic knowledge, even if you are not able to read one sura without doing a mistake, even if you don't have any clue of uSoul al-fiqh"

I personnaly have discussions with a salafi who admit to me having problem reading the Qur-aan because he does not know basic i'raab, so he has problem saying Allahu or Allaha or Allahi depending of the position of the word Allah in the sentence.

He's always speaking about searching for the strongest daliil. He lived all his life in an arabic country and refuse to learn the Maaliki madhhab because he's afraid of not following the good daleel

This is laughable. Totally loling.
    Last edited by Umm Ahmed; 24th May 2009 at 02:49 AM. Reason: gr

Sorry if I was too harsh.

I'd rather follow the ikhtaa' of 'ulama as-salaf, even if this meant subscribing to one math-hab, than following the ikhtaa of contemporary salafi 'ulama... Honestly there's no comparison.

Exactly. There is a total rahma in following a madhhab :

1-You don't fall in zandaqa
    2-You don't stick to all the easiest opinion or all the harsh opinion
    3-You have a clear hujja in front of Allah. If he ask you why did you pray like that, just point the dozens of 'ulamaa and it will insha Allah be ok.

Follow Abdullah11 On Twitter Add Abdullah11 on Facebook

As advise sister Bint; stick to the the imaan boosters, lessons and warnings,
    inshAllah. May Allah reward you.

Its fair to say the major proponents of choosing a mathab and strictly adhering to it is the Talblighi Jamaat.

'Amal Ahl al-Madina Suhaib Jobst's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naseer08 View Post
    Its fair to say the major proponents of choosing a mathab and strictly adhering to it is the Talblighi Jamaat.
    A majority of the Umma or at least most of its scholars and leading luminaries are proponents of taqlid of a madhhab. So the Tablighi Jamaat are not alone in their position. I have myself chosen to be a muqallid, which is to follow the qualified opinions of those great imams of our Umma. It is a recognition that we don't have the qualifications to be able to pick and choose at will, rather we should trust the scholarship of our chosen madhhab.

Pluma,

Go easy on the sister, it's a small mistake that can be clarified easily.

Wassalam

Senior Member aboo ayaat al hindee's Avatar

generally the ummah do taqleed when taqleed is necessary. initially i went to those i trusted to give me the correct rulings with regards to the fardh mustahabb and haraam. my only intention was to find out how allaah and his messenger (saaw) had ruled. just so happens that these people were hanafees and they did not always relate rulings based on explicit daleel but rather based on the opinions of the madhhab. i like the majority of the ummah inadvertently became enslaved by the madhhab. at the moment i am leaning towards the dhaahiree school as i believe i was always dhaahiree in my approach (eventhough i was technically hanafee). unfortunately this school is no longer recognized by the so called 'majority' and its views aren't being propagated to the same extent as the others.
    Last edited by aboo ayaat al hindee; 9th June 2009 at 11:58 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast