Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

From the Words of 'Abdullah 'Azzam...

This is a discussion on From the Words of 'Abdullah 'Azzam... within the Identity, Activism and Unity forums, part of the Main Topics category; Originally Posted by Abuz Zubair From then on, my idea has been to give them the taste of their own ...

TAFKA BM

Quote Originally Posted by Abuz Zubair View Post
    From then on, my idea has been to give them the taste of their own medicine. So before he can pull out his Jarh and Ta'dil gun, I take him by surprise and say: 'I don't sit with deviants like you!'... And he's left confused... 'What?! That's my line! You got the script wrong! What am I supposed to say now?!'
    Hehehe, classic.

From then on, my idea has been to give them the taste of their own medicine. So before he can pull out his Jarh and Ta'dil gun, I take him by surprise and say: 'I don't sit with deviants like you!'... And he's left confused... 'What?! That's my line! You got the script wrong! What am I supposed to say now?!'.

Thereafter, I learnt my lesson and refused to begin with these madkhalis with Salam, because a Sunni should not allow himself to be dishonoured by a bida'i.

From then on, my idea has been to give them the taste of their own medicine. So before he can pull out his Jarh and Ta'dil gun, I take him by surprise and say: 'I don't sit with deviants like you!'... And he's left confused... 'What?! That's my line! You got the script wrong! What am I supposed to say now?!'
    The thing is, a lot of the madkhalites - only came to become madkhalites due to what they were exposed to. I would never justify their stupidity or bad behaviour - but a this includes a lot of new muslims - who just ended up being with and around the wrong people - people they assumed to be 'salafis'.

I believe a lot of madkhalites can be corrected if they can be shown the error of their ways. People like Abuz Zubair would be very good and informing them of their errors, and allowing them to free themselves from the shackles of group madkhalee thinking.

By treating all those perceived to be from that group, we lose out from the wisdom of Abdullah Azzams words. When he stated we should not be seperated by groups. This does not mean I say everyone under the muslim banner is a sunni, but rather we should take people as individuals and treat each one individual with according to the goodness in him. This is what I believe the Shaikh Abdullah Azzam was saying:

Just because you are part of a particular group doesn't mean that you are better than the people. Just because you read a particular book doesn't mean that you are better than the people. There is some good with the Ikhwan, and there is some good with the Tabligh, and there is some good with the Salafiyyah; every one of them has a portion of the good, so, try - if you are able - to collect all of the good from these groups. They used to study from a large group of the scholars, so, his Hadith instructor is different from his Tafsir instructor , and his instructor in spiritual nurturing is different from his Arabic language instructor. Take from the Tabligh their manners...and imagine if we were to follow their path in respecting the people, and their manners with the scholars... The Tabligh have very good speech, as they convey what they say and work magic on the hearts with their manners, and cause any envy one might have against them to vanish. Take from the Ikhwan their historical movements and revolutionary ideas, and take from the Salafiyyah their beliefs. Collect within yourself all that is good, become a student, and do not restrict the truth to your own shaykh... Take from this person, and take from that person; respect the people, and give them the credit they are due, and put them in their proper categories..."
    We should not become like the fanatical followers of madkhali who claim salafiyya for themselves, making them immune from all criticisms. They think arrogantly that every other person (because he is not "salafi" [madkhalite]) he is from one of the astray sects.

Read again what Abdullah Azam in wise words
    Pay attention to your heart, beware of raising yourself above others, and beware of belittling others. How many of these people have given for the sake of this Religion - but have kept it secret between them and the Lord of the Worlds - from he whose statement is belittled and his appearance mocked, and he might even have given more for this Religion than an Earthful of people like you ever would? So, pay attention to yourself, and may Allah have Mercy on a man who knows his limits and stays inside those limits. The virtuous people are those who acknowledge the virtue of the people of virtue, especially the scholars, and especially those who are old in age, and especially the parents...

So, my brother, it is enough for your good deeds to be annulled that you look to your actions as if they are great, as Allah Said:

{"Woe to al-Mutaffifin! Those who, when they have to receive by measure from men, demand full measure, and when they have to give by measure or weight to men, give less than their due."} [al-Mutaffifin; 1-3]

So, if he mentions himself, he only mentions his good deeds, and if he mentions the others, he only mentions their mistakes, as the Prophet said: "One of you sees a small speck of dirt in the eye of his brother, but fails to see the large piece of dirt in his own eye." ['at-Targhib wat-Tarhib'; 3/236]...
    The blameworthy groupism they warn against is the same groupism/partisanship they have fallen into.

"And the labels fill your pockets. Every pocket is labelled with a characteristic or title; this pocket is filled with labels that say 'Disbeliever,' and everytime you see someone that you don't like, you hand him a label. Another pocket is filled with labels that say 'Innovator,' and a third pocket is filled the labels that say 'Poor,' and another says 'Ignorant,' etc. This way, you have given everyone a label from one of your labels...

...If you are part of a particular Islamic group, then beware of assuming that all of the truth rests with that group, and that all falsehood rests with everyone else, as some of the earlier zealous people said: "All of our statements are correct, with a possibility of a mistake, while all the statements of others are mistaken, with a possibility of being correct." This is the destructive type of allegiance! How many groups have been torn apart, and how many people who were close to each other became divided because of such a mindset?!
    Last edited by moubeen; 11th March 2007 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abuz Zubair View Post
    Thereafter, I learnt my lesson and refused to begin with these madkhalis with Salam, because a Sunni should not allow himself to be dishonoured by a bida'i.
    you shouldnt do that, you should give salaam, just because you might be guided and the other person misguided doest mean you take away his rights

call for unity by holding on to the quran and sunnah

i give salaam to them even after they kicked me out of their place for asking too many questions
    Last edited by abudurrah; 11th March 2007 at 10:51 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to abudurrah For This Useful Post:
    Yunus(nickname) (12th February 2013)

Senior Member Detainee no. 05315-748's Avatar

How to Respect Your Elders:

"O Allah, teach us manners! O Allah, teach us manners! One person is sitting next to his father, one leg on the other, sitting with his feet facing his father! Why?

By Allah, one of our teachers in the Islamic Movement in Jordan entered a gathering and saw one of the youth sitting back, one leg over the other. He said to him: "Why are you sitting like this? Is this the Sunnah?"

Does it make sense that Islam tells you to do this? Is it possible? It is reported in the 'Sahihayn' that when Fatimah would enter the dwelling of the Messenger of Allah, he would get up for her, hug her, and spread a mat on the ground for her to sit on. Fatimah was a fourteen year-old girl!

Because of this, I wish that we and our youth would read the fatawa. Whatever Ibn Taymiyyah says, we accept. Ibn Taymiyyah is the shaykh of the Salafiyyin; we accept whatever he says. Ibn Taymiyyah says: "It is allowed to stand up out of respect for those who are people of position and righteousness." Likewise, an-Nawawi wrote a book on this topic, titled 'at-Tarkhis bil-Qiyam,' (The Allowance of Standing) which is a full book in which he brought many authentic ahadith, and said that this is what such-and-such scholars agreed on - including Ahmad bin Hambal and Malik - that they would stand up in such situations.

So, gatherings require an attitude of respect. One of our brothers said to me: "I never in my life relaxed in the presence of my father, because I consider this to be bad manners in respecting the parents. If he would order me to do something, or speak to me about anything, I would stand between his hands until he would finish what he wanted to say. Then, I would wait either for he or my mother to allow me to leave."

Manners! O Allah, teach us manners!"

['Fi Dhilal Surat at-Tawbah'; p. 79]

The Scale of Good and Bad Deeds:

"And Ibn al-Qayyim confirmed a principle, saying that the human being, if his righteous deeds and benefit in the society are a lot, then he is forgiven for things that others might not be forgiven for, and mistakes of his may be overlooked that would not be overlooked for others, because the Messenger of Allah said: "If water reaches two qullahs (measuring unit), then it will not become impure by impurity." So, a large volume of water, if some small impurity falls into it, does not have its impurity affected, and it can still be used for ablution and bathing. Likewise, the human being, if his good deeds are many, then one turns a blind eye to some of his bad deeds that are drowning in his ocean of good deeds.

Because of this, when 'Umar was bursting with fury at Hatib bin Abi Balta'ah, the one who carried out the great crime of treason - the crime of spying on the Islamic state and sending secret messages to Quraysh - and said: "O Messenger of Allah! Let me strike his neck, as he has become a hypocrite," the Messenger of Allah took the opportunity to teach them this basic principle by way of real-life experience, saying: "And how do you know, 'Umar? He took part in the Battle of Badr, and it might be that Allah Looked to the participants of Badr and Said: 'Do what you wish, as I have Forgiven you.'""

['at-Tarbiyah al-Jihadiyyah wal-Bina''; 2/79]

Living in the West:

"The Western society is one that is quite dull, in every sense of the word. The church...imagine that in some places, a woman will marry another woman, and a man will marry another man! Such evil! Because of this, Sayyid Qutb mentioned in his book 'The America I Saw' - which has never been printed, as it is said that the American embassy stole it from the printing press and burned it - that the unmarried youth who would wish to meet his girlfriend would meet her in church! An evil, wasted society! Because of this, separation from the disbelievers, and not living with them, is something clearly intended in the Shari'ah, and is supported by logic and emotion, as the Prophet said: "I am free of anyone who lives with the disbelievers," and: "Whoever lives with a disbeliever and dies with him, then he is like him."

There are many, many ahadith to this effect...four or five about living with the disbelievers. Because of this, the Western life, living between the disbelievers, is a very, very, very difficult life. One of the youth - of course, the stories are many, and I am unable to tell them all here - came to me at a conference - and he was one of my students in Jordan - and said to me: "That's it. If I do not get married, I will commit fornication. I am unable to survive," and he repeated it again: "I am unable to survive. I am being serious with you, and whoever says other than this, then he is a liar."

Tell me, by Allah, an unmarried youth in the extreme heat, and at the college, a girl is sitting right next to him, with her skirt ten centimeters above her knees! And our Lord Said, about Prophet Yusuf: {"And indeed she did desire him and he would have inclined to her desire, had he not seen the evidence of his Lord."}
    [Yusuf; 24] Were it not for him seeing a sign from his Lord, he would have inclined to her - Yusuf, the pure, purifying, noble son of the noble son of the noble son of the noble. So, how can this be?

One of the sons of the Islamic movement came and asked me: "I am living with a family - and he was single, no wife with him - in order to study medicine in Britain. Is this permissible for me?"

I said to him: "No, this is not allowed for you. What are your living conditions?"

He replied: "I live in a room in the same apartment as the family."

I asked: "And the kitchen?"

"We share the kitchen, as well as the bathroom and toilet."

I asked him: "Does her husband stay out for long?"

He replied: "He sometimes leaves and spends the night outside the house."

"And you and her stay alone in the house?"

He replied: "Yes."

I said to him: "This is not permissible,
    not permissible, not permissible for you!"

He said: "How? We wish to study medicine, and produce Muslim engineers and Muslim doctors!"

I said: "After seven years, what is left of your Islam? What is left?"

He asked: "Should I abandon the rest of my studies? If so, what am I supposed to do?"

I said to him: "Sell beans and tomatoes, but, do not live this life."

I declare it forbidden for the youth to study in the West, except if they are married. Hear it from me: it is forbidden for a youth to study in the West, unless he is married. Relay on my behalf, even if it is one fatwa: it is not allowed, not allowed, not allowed. How can one protect himself? It is impossible to protect oneself, except through marriage. It is impossible, impossible, impossible for the unmarried person to live there, unless he is abnormal. If he is abnormal, then he might be able to live there. As for the normal human being, then how, my brother? Sex is available like water, and it is allowed, according to the law, in the street, everywhere! The stories are many, and those who came to us from Italy and Sweden know very well the disasters lurking in the Western societies. So, what would we say about a youth who was in the land of Jihad, then he decided to travel to Sweden? Why do you wish to go? He said: "To get a passport from there."

May Allah not bless you, and may He not bless your passport..."

['Fi Dhilal Surat at-Tawbah'; p. 12]
    Last edited by Detainee no. 05315-748; 17th June 2008 at 05:33 AM.

Let Nobody Have Any Favor Over You:

"al-Imam Ahmad - may Allah have Mercy upon him - would not accept any gifts from the people, so that they would not have any favor over him. He would reject the gifts of the rulers. One time - and the people loved to present him with gifts - he sent one of his sons to buy a loaf of bread. So, when the baker asked the boy who he was, he replied: "I am the son of Ahmad bin Hambal." So, instead of filling the bag with bread, the baker filled it with gold and silver, and gave it to him. When Ahmad bin Hambal opened the bag and found gold and silver, he told his son: "Go back to him." When he gave the bag back, the baker called out to him: "Come, at least take the bread that you paid a dirham for!" Imam Ahmad's son said: "My father commanded me to return everything."

They would wish that they could give him some gift, but, he was honorable in the face of such a reality, as the Prophet said: "Abstain from the dunya, and Allah will Love you. Abstain from what is with the people, and the people will love you."

Then came the tribulation of the creation of the Qur'an. al-Ma'mun adopted this belief, and came to torture Ahmad bin Hambal, so that he would do the same. al-Ma'mun died, al-Mu'tasim continued in torturing him, and he took a stand for Allah - the Mighty and Exalted - in which he honored this religion. Eighteen years, and three rulers who tortured him so that he would accept and endorse the belief of the Qur'an being created, but, he refused. Then came al-Wathiq, who reversed all that had happened in terms of the affair of the creation of the Qur'an. He wanted to honor Ahmad bin Hambal publicly, but, Imam Ahmad refused. So, he sent for his sons and showered them with gifts, which they accepted. When Ahmad bin Hambal learned that his sons had accepted the gifts of al-Wathiq, he built a wall between his home and theirs, boycotting them.

One day, Ahmad bin Hambal became sick. So, his doctor instructed him to roast a ear of corn in the oven and eat it. So, he bought the corn, and asked that it be roasted. So, it was taken to the oven of his uncle, Salih. When it was brought back to Ahmad, he asked: "Where did you roast it?" They said: "In the oven of your uncle, Salih." He said: "I will not even taste it, as his wealth has been mixed with the gifts of the ruler."

As a result, it got to the point that even the jinn would fear him!

A crazed girl was brought to al-Wathiq, so, he said: "Send her to Ahmad bin Hambal." When she was brought to Ahmad, they asked him: "Please cure this crazed girl for us!" So, he began to speak to the jinni that had possessed this girl, saying: "Get out of this girl! Get out of this girl!" But, it didn't come out. He continued, saying: "Get out, or I'll - and Ahmad began to threaten the jinni - " and the jinni came out, saying: "O Ahmad! You feared Allah, so, everything is afraid of you!
    You feared Allah, so, everything is afraid of you!"

The jinni waited until Ahmad bin Hambal eventually died, and it returned to possess the girl once again. So, they brought the girl to a shaykh - who, as it was said, is more like us than Ahmad bin Hambal - and he began to speak to the jinni, saying: "Get out, or I'll..." Suddenly, the jinni began to laugh, saying: "Ahmad bin Hambal has died; Ahmad bin Hambal has died...""

"Abstain from the dunya, and Allah will Love you. Abstain from what is with the people, and the people will love you."

['Fi Dhilal Surat at-Tawbah'; p. 195-196]

Whoever Obeys Allah, Everything Obeys Him:

"Ibn al-Qayyim said: "Using one's bodily organs in the obedience of Allah strengthens them, while using them to disobey Allah weakens them."

He dedicated an entire chapter to this, in his amazing book, 'al-Fawa'id,' and I had touched upon this in previous recorded lectures of mine. Even the jinn and humans assist the believer if he obeys Allah. To make a long story short, whoever obeys Allah, everything will obey him. And we informed you that, on the day that 'Uqbah bin Nafi' wanted to establish the city of Qayrawan in the middle of a thick jungle, he prayed two rak'ahs, and said: "O you vicous beasts! O you wild animals! O you poisonous snakes! We are the army of Muhammad! We want to establish ourselves here, so, leave!" Minutes later, all of the animals in the area carried their offspring, and left them the jungle.

Whoever obeys Allah, everything obeys him! Everything!

On the day that they were in Persia (Iraq), one of the Companions - and the Companions had never learned the Persian, Roman, or Assyrian languages - said something in Persian, so, the Persian troops evacuated. He does not know Persian, nor does he know Pashtu! So, when they ran away, the Companions caught up with them, imprisoned them, and asked them: "Why did you run away?"

They replied: "We heard, from the tongue of your companion, that you had come to eat us up, so, we ran away!"

The Companions asked the Companion who'd said this: "What did you say?"

He replied: "I have no idea."

The Angels had spoken on his tongue! We had mentioned before that the Angels would speak through the tongue of 'Umar. An Angel, speaking in his name. Because of this, sometimes, a devil will speak on the tongue of the human! If he is angry, for example, Satan will speak on his tongue. Therefore, it is advised that he perform ablution, in order to expell the Devil, because "nothing puts out the Devil other than the water of ablution."

So, the obedience of Allah...ya Salam! I am amazed at how humanity lives, my brothers!"

There Is No Escape from Allah, Except to Him:

"Today, the average American, if he experiences some problem, what does he do? He goes to the church! He has been avoiding church for such a long time, and now, he turns to Allah! The Jews said: 'We will remove the concept of God from the minds of the Christians, and put in its place financial figures.' Does the average American get up at night to pray to Allah - the Mighty and Exalted? Does he show his need to Allah during the morning hours? What does he do? That is why, if he is faced with a huge problem, he has no option in front of him, except to commit suicide. This is what he does in this life. However, in the Hereafter, {"...neither will it have a complete killing effect on them, so that they die, nor shall its torment be lightened for them...
    "} [Fatir; 36]

...By Allah, the crisis of the disbeliever and the rebellious sinner in this life and the next truly is a crisis! For us, when we are stricken with some problem, one of us gets up during the night, humiliating himself before Allah - the Mighty and Exalted - saying: 'O Lord! Relieve me of this! O Lord! Make this easy! O Allah! Make for us a way out of every grief and sadness, and make for us a way out of every tight situation!" You supplicate! As for the American, and the Brit - where does he go? That is why their problems pile on top of each other, until this results in psychological complications: {"Verily, those who oppose Allah and His Messenger will be disgraced, just as those before them were disgraced."
    } [al-Mujadilah; 5]

Complications and disgrace. That is why you see that they cannot arrive at anything. They walk around, eating, enjoying themselves, not knowing how to rid themselves of these pains that they are living in. So, they do not find anything but the path of alcohol, the path of drugs. These drugs, such as marijuana, that these Americans use, and heroin, etc. - this heroin costs $1,000 for a gram! A kilogram costs a million dollars! You constantly see them with a needle - a syringe, for their drug use...They cannot sleep! Constant anxiety, sadness! 54 million Americans - one quarter of the American population - suffers from mental and psychological problems. You see one of them, a millionaire, in the newspapers: 'Such-and-such killed themself...threw himself in front of a train...put himself underneath a train...threw himself off of a rooftop...' - all in order to rid himself of this anxiety and sadness. He can find no escape! Where will he go? There is no escape from Allah, except to Him!

...One time, one of the brothers from the Mujahidin in Palestine said to me: "A Communist from the PDFLP (People's Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine) and I were surrounded for three days by the Jews. Finally, when we felt impending doom upon us, as a result of our scarce food and water supply, he said: "Supplicate to your Lord." I said: "No. You supplicate to Stalin, so that he could save us"" - the Muslim is sarcastically telling this Communist to pray to Stalin or Marx. The Communist replied: "Where is Marx? Where is Stalin?" So, the brother called out: "O Allah," and Allah saved them.

And I have said to you that even these Russian Communists who descended upon the town of Jatral (a Pakistani border town, near Afghanistan) in their aircraft, it was said to them, by the locals: "What is it that frightens you most?" The Russians replied: "The Stinger missiles. However, we have memorized some texts from your holy book (the Qur'an) that were taught to us by the Afghans. We recite these texts, and we are saved from these Stingers."

They recite the Qur'an in order to save themselves! Do Marx or Gorbachev save them?

{"...They invoke Allah, making their faith pure for Him, saying: 'If You deliver us from this, we shall truly be of the grateful.'"
    } [Yunus; 22]"

['Fi Dhilal Surat at-Tawbah'; p. 502-505]

The Issue Isn't As Simple As You Think:

"Pay attention to this issue. I never paid it much attention until after I'd studied it this year in the books of Fiqh, while I was studying the issues of Jihad, pacts, and promises of security. If you are given a visa to any country in the world, it is not allowed for you to partake in any action that breaks its laws. This is not allowed, unless this would contradict something from Islam, such as the prayer, fasting, etc. It is not allowed for you to cheat them or take from their wealth. It is not allowed, for example, for you to take one of their daughters, and marry her without the permission of her father. It is not allowed for you to rip up a telephone bill. It is not allowed for you to harm the state, and it is not allowed for you to place a magnet on the electric meter of your home. It is not allowed for you to tear up your phone bill, because there, in America, and in the Western nations, despite their disbelief and enmity towards Islam and the Muslims, they place trust in the individual. They generally treat the human being with a strange level of respect (compared to the treatment in the Muslim lands)...

One of the brothers - a Muslim youth - told me about his trip to attain a doctorate in America. He said: "They sent me both my electric and phone bills. So, I said to them: "I wish to pay what I have due." They replied: "No problem. Return to your home country, and we will give you an address to which you can send your payment from your country."" Can you imagine? He said to them: "I wish to leave this land," and they reply: "No problem. Go back to Jordan, and send your payment from there."

Trust! Security!...The Arab, in America, if his business is about to fail, he would burn down his factory, go to the insurance company, tell them that his factory was burned down, and he would rake in the million dollars that he had insured his factory with."

(A brother in the audience debates): "But, Shaykh, this was even there before, when Islam had strength and reputation, and Abu Hanifah said that if a Muslim breaks something of a Christian's, the Muslim must insure him."

Shaykh: "Even now, he must insure him."

Brother: "However, now, they come to our lands mostly to spread their ideology."

Shaykh: "My brother, who has brought them into our lands?"

Brother: "A disbeliever, like them."

Shaykh: "OK, excellent. You say to them that the one who has brought you into this land is a disbeliever. Therefore, you cannot be here...You must warn them, is this not so? Either Islam, or the jizyah, or the sword. Is this not so? So, you must warn them, my brother. Send them a message: 'You are spreading this evil, so, leave this land. Otherwise, you will die.' That's it. After this, kill him. As for coming to kill him while he is secure and under a pact of security, this is not allowed.

As for those People of the Book who live with us in our lands, it is not allowed to kill them in our times, unless they initiate fighting with us. It is not allowed, as this will cause great fitnah that will never end, and the rulers will stand on their side, and they will attack the Muslims, and put pressure on the Islamic movement - all for what? Because of you poking out the eye of a Christian in your land, or you killed a Christian, resulting in tens of Muslims being killed in prison as the result of torture..."

(The brother continues debating)

Shaykh: "It is not allowed for you to take the wealth of a Christian, at all. It is not allowed to kill the Western Christian in the lands of the Muslims, unless you first issue him a warning, and unless it first becomes clear to you that he is engaging in an act that deems his blood lawful. Understood?"

Another questioner asks: "Who is the one that determines what the actions are that deem his blood lawful? Do I determine this? Or do the scholars?"

Shaykh: "The scholars. The scholars are the ones who determine this. Where do fatawa come from? From the scholars - do you kill, or do you not kill? Is it permissible to kill and fight them? Or, do you go on your way? As for - by Allah - a youth who studied one or two words in 'Kifayat al-Akhyar,' or 'Hashiyat Ibn 'Abidin,' or the book of Ibn al-Qayyim (he's referring to 'Ahkam Ahl adh-Dhimmah'), and he suddenly becomes the Great Mufti of Islam, issuing fatawa to {"Kill them wherever you find them, and expel them from whence they expelled you..."} or {"When the Sacred Months have passed, slay the polytheists wherever you find them..."}, this is not allowed. The issue isn't as simple as you think, and this is what Jama'at at-Takfir wal-Hijrah was afflicted with. This shaykh - their leader, Shukri Mustafa, rahimahullah - began issuing fatawa, and every single one began reading and issuing fatawa declaring the blood of the Muslims lawful..."

(The brother continues debating, mentioning that the Christians of our times are all muharibin)

Shaykh: "Who are the Christians that are muharibin?"

Brother: "All of the Christians are muharibin."

Shaykh: "How are they all muharibin?"

Brother: "Those who put the covering on their head, and wear the cross."

Shaykh: "The one who wears the cross is a muharib? The one who wears the cross, this is his belief."

(The brother continues arguing)

Shaykh: "My brother, do you still consider them muharibin? The muharib is the one who brandishes weapons against the Muslims!"

(after some more arguement): "I will not give a fatwa for this. Look for some other mufti besides myself."

['Fi Dhilal Surat at-Tawbah'; p. 132-134]

Peculiarly Ostrobogulous Expergefactionist's Avatar
    Follow Expergefactionist On Twitter Add Expergefactionist on Facebook Add Expergefactionist on Google+

I declare it forbidden for the youth to study in the West, except if they are married. Hear it from me: it is forbidden for a youth to study in the West, unless he is married. Relay on my behalf, even if it is one fatwa
    I remember the exact words and even the tone in which they were said:

أنا أحرم على الشباب أن يدرسوا في الغرب إلا إذا كانوا متزوجين - اسمعوا مني! حرام على الشباب أن يدرسوا في الغرب إلا إذا كانوا متزوجين! بلغوا عني ولو فتوى!

Did I get it right? lol
    A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast