Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Save Maryam

This is a discussion on Save Maryam within the Da'wah and Methodology forums, part of the Main Topics category; Assalaamu Alaykum I saw this posted elsewhere and thought it was really interesting and a brilliant incentive mashaallah, may Allaah ...

Default Save Maryam

Assalaamu Alaykum

I saw this posted elsewhere and thought it was really interesting and a brilliant incentive mashaallah, may Allaah make it successful. Please share it inshaallah so others know about it.

I know it says there's no music but there are some instruments that play here and there throughout the video, just thought I'd let you know.

Wassalaam.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bint Mahmood For This Useful Post:
    'Umar (30th July 2012), Abu Hamzah (31st July 2012), Abu Ibraaheem (21st July 2012), Abu Treika (21st July 2012), Abu'l 'Eyse (27th July 2012), Abul Hasan (21st July 2012), Hamza Patterson (22nd July 2012), Layth (21st July 2012), mkhalifa (22nd July 2012)

✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿

Default Re: Save Maryam

Quote Originally Posted by cherrybakewell View Post
    Assalaamu Alaykum

I know it says there's no music but there are some instruments that play here and there throughout the video, just thought I'd let you know.

Wassalaam.
    they said "no music" in the video but there was music!! if they don't even know how to make a proper islamic video how are we to trust them with our money? I think this video might be a scam, it has the same style as the viral campaign "KONY 2012" propaganda, Allahu alim :/

Quote Originally Posted by Bint al-Jaidi View Post
    they said "no music" in the video but there was music!! if they don't even know how to make a proper islamic video how are we to trust them with our money? I think this video might be a scam, it has the same style as the viral campaign "KONY 2012" propaganda, Allahu alim :/
    Yeahh I understand what you are saying. Allahu Alam, I did point out what you said but I am not sure if I would render the whole video as a scam (just yet - seeing as I don't see sufficient evidence to suggest that...).

EDIT: it is a totally different organization than Invisible Children (aka the Kony 2012 campaign). This is run by Mercy Mission UK.
    Last edited by Bint Mahmood; 20th July 2012 at 11:10 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bint Mahmood For This Useful Post:
    wurood (20th July 2012)

✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿

Quote Originally Posted by cherrybakewell View Post
    Yeahh I understand what you are saying. Allahu Alam, I did point out what you said but I am not sure if I would render the whole video as a scam (just yet - seeing as I don't see sufficient evidence to suggest that...).

EDIT: it is a totally different organization than Invisible Children (aka the Kony 2012 campaign). This is run by Mercy Mission UK.
    yea it's always good to research about the organization first, just to be on the safe side!

Quote Originally Posted by Bint al-Jaidi View Post
    yea it's always good to research about the organization first, just to be on the safe side!
    Of course. Jazakallah khair for the reminder ya ukhti I think it's now safe to say that it's not a scam inshallah

Add خالد on Facebook

Wa Aleikum Salaam.

I'm pretty sceptical about this video. Some issues:

-The video quotes an International Crisis Group report to back its statistics up. I skimmed through the mentioned report and I did not find any data indicating the video's claims. By the way, the report came out in 2010 not in 2012 as the video mistakenly claims.
    -Christians praying and crosses are shown too many times. Also the slogan 'Jesus Loves You' came up a few times. There is no negative spin on Christianity.
    -What kind of a message do 'approximately 2 million Muslims leave Islam every year' billboards and posters send out?
    -Why is Maryam wearing a cross necklace in their logo? Why incorporate a symbol of Shirk in your logo?

I think these are the individuals behind the campaign: Mehedi Islam, Mohammed Ali and Shamsul Hoque. If anyone is on Twitter, you can ask them my questions.
    Last edited by خالد; 21st July 2012 at 02:07 AM.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to خالد For This Useful Post:
    Abu'l 'Eyse (27th July 2012), Bint Mahmood (21st July 2012), Striving4Sunnah (21st July 2012), Umm DJ-N (21st July 2012), wurood (21st July 2012)

Asalamu alaykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu

I think we ought to be careful inshAllah, but don't let this be a trick from Shaytan so that you keep your money to yourself, give it to some charity you trust.
    Last edited by Umm DJ-N; 21st July 2012 at 03:40 AM.
    Al-Fudayl Ibn `Iyaad said: "Whoever finds discomfort in loneliness and comfort in people's company, his heart is not safe from Riyaa (insincerity)"

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Umm DJ-N For This Useful Post:
    Abu'l 'Eyse (27th July 2012), Bint Mahmood (21st July 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Umm DJ-N View Post
    Asalamu alaykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu

I think we ought to be careful inshAllah, but don't let this be a trick from Shaytan so that you keep your money to yourself, give it to some charity you trust.
    Wa alaykum salaam

Yeah you're right. I'm just confused because Mercy Mission are the same organization that apparently run things like Pure Matrimony and the Al-Kauthar institute etc. Allahu Alam.

Jazakallah Khair

Asalaamu Alaykum,

I was a bit skeptical to be begin with until I saw it was an initiative by Mercy Mission, but when I went over to Mercy Mission website to confirm there is no mention, or I simply can't find it.

However there is a Facebook page by the name of Mercy Mission Malaysia which is advertising the Save Maryam campaign

http://www.facebook.com/MercyMissionMalaysia

Also the donation is setup with justgiving.com and the charity funds says it is going to Mercy Mission UK

https://www.justgiving.com/donation/...AwADkANQA2ADcA
    Last edited by herban_02; 21st July 2012 at 01:36 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to herban_02 For This Useful Post:
    Abu'l 'Eyse (27th July 2012)

Mercy Mission is indeed a legitimate organisation. It's a good initiative, but ruined by the poor PR, lack of cohesive communication (Mercy Mission not placing the campaign on their website) and above all, I think it's a bit unoriginal and uncreative to just rehash a video in the same style as those ludicrous KONY 2012 videos.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast