Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Battle of the Faiths

This is a discussion on Battle of the Faiths within the Global Affairs forums, part of the Main Topics category; Khan destroys Salita in battle of faiths (CNN) -- British boxer Amir Khan has retained his WBA light-welterweight title after ...

Default Battle of the Faiths

Khan destroys Salita in battle of faiths

(CNN) -- British boxer Amir Khan has retained his WBA light-welterweight title after winning the much-hyped "battle of the faiths" by stopping challenger Dmitriy Salita in the first round on Saturday night.
    Khan, a devout Muslim, knocked down his Jewish opponent three times before the referee stopped after just one minute and 16 seconds.
    Salita, an American citizen who was born in Ukraine and is nicknamed "Star of David", was unable to follow up his bold claims made in the build-up to the fight, which took place in Newcastle in the north-east of England.
    The 22-year-old Khan was successful in his first defense of the belt that he won in defeating Andreas Kotelnik in July.
    He is trained by American Freddie Roach, who also guides Filipino star Manny Pacquiao, considered by many to be the best pound-for-pound boxer in the world.
    "It was very explosive. The fight was just what we asked for, what Freddie asked me to do. We had too much power for this guy," a delighted Khan told reporters after the fight.
    "I'm a growing young man and developing as a man. Freddie said to take it easy, pick the right shots and you'll take this guy out and we did.
    "Freddie is a great trainer, he's like a father figure to me and to have him in my corner means a lot. Everyone knows I'm a hard-working fighter and if you put the hard work in you're going to get the benefits.
    "After the first shot I could see his legs buckling and I just had to take my time. I knew he was going."
    Roach has helped the Olympic silver medal winner to rebuild his career after a humiliating defeat by unknown Colombian Breidis Prescott last year.
    "It was a blessing in disguise what happened against Prescott, I got beat and came back stronger," Khan said.
    Roach was equally impressed with his young charge.
    "I would give him an A+. I said if you hurt him, finish him. We've been working on that power and the fight was really over after that first punch," he said.

Khan destroys Salita in battle of faiths - CNN.com

Default Re: Battle of the Faiths

Is that the best the jews can come up with ? my grandmother could have knocked him out , still the jews are unacustomed to hand-to-hand combat and specialize in killing unarmed women and children in occupied palestine as clearly demonstrated by amir khan , well done amir , you made my day !

Abu Shawarma

There were many orthodox jews who travelled to Newcastle to watch this fight lol.
    ٰ

{And is one who was dead and We gave him life and made for him light by which to walk among the people like one who is in darkness, never to emerge therefrom? Thus it has been made pleasing to the disbelievers that which they were doing.}

Al-An'aam 122

the man is wearing a cross on his shorts and has made his love for the british army known.

I disbelieve in disbelief Muwaahid's Avatar

they were disappointed lol!
    Before you busy yourself with commenting on someone else's blemish, look yourself in the mirror.
    Interesting site about the Somali Insurgency:
    http://insidetheinsurgency.wordpress.com/
    About the 2011 Revolutions:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?...2c&output=html

Salita prayed to his jewish tin-pot desert god of hate but to no avail and subsequently received the righteous fist of god to the face , at a deeper level this was a battle between islam and judaism and goodness triumped over evil .

A Simple Kind of Man huehuecoyotl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yezeed View Post
    Salita prayed to his jewish tin-pot desert god of hate but to no avail and subsequently received the righteous fist of god to the face , at a deeper level this was a battle between islam and judaism and goodness triumped over evil .
    There is no deeper level in boxing. One man beat up another man. The End. I don't think the religion of Islam and the religion of Judaism decided to bet everything on a boxing match.

Quote Originally Posted by Hajjaj View Post
    Khan, a devout Muslim, knocked down his Jewish opponent three times before the referee stopped after just one minute and 16 seconds.

Ok. So a Muslim doing a figthing competition won against a Jew.

So?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk View Post
    the man is wearing a cross on his shorts and has made his love for the british army known.

And he means Khan not Jewboy!

Narrated by Ibn Abbas.
    While I was standing amongst the people who were invoking Allah for Umar bin Al-Khattab who was lying (dead) on his bed, a man behind me rested his elbows on my shoulders and said:
    '(O Umar!) May Allah bestow His Mercy on you. I always hoped that Allah will keep you with your two companions, for I often heard Allah's Messenger (sallahu alyhi wa salam) saying, ' I, Abu Bakr and Umar were (somewhere). I, Abu Bakr and Umar set out.'
    So I hoped that Allah will keep you with both of them.'
    I turned back to see the speaker was Ali bin Abi Talib.

{Bukhari}

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast