Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

British man said to be mentally ill executed in China..

This is a discussion on British man said to be mentally ill executed in China.. within the Global Affairs forums, part of the Main Topics category; (the bro had serious mental health issues,May Allah accept him,ameen)... A British man convicted of drug smuggling in China has ...

Default British man said to be mentally ill executed in China..

(the bro had serious mental health issues,May Allah accept him,ameen)...

A British man convicted of drug smuggling in China has been executed, the Foreign Office has confirmed.

Akmal Shaikh, 53, of London, had denied any wrongdoing and his family said he was mentally ill.

The execution took place despite repeated calls from his family and the British government for clemency.

British Prime Minister Gordon Brown said he was "appalled and disappointed", and condemned the execution "in the strongest terms".

Mr Shaikh is the first EU national to be executed in China in 50 years.

In a statement, Mr Brown said: "I am appalled and disappointed that our persistent requests for clemency have not been granted.

"I am particularly concerned that no mental health assessment was undertaken.

"At this time our thoughts are with Mr Shaikh's family and friends and I send them our sincere condolences." .

BBC News - British man said to be mentally ill executed in China

I disbelieve in disbelief Muwaahid's Avatar

Default Re: British man said to be mentally ill executed in China..

If he was a white Anglican Protestant( christian), Im sure the british govt would have done more...
    Before you busy yourself with commenting on someone else's blemish, look yourself in the mirror.
    Interesting site about the Somali Insurgency:
    http://insidetheinsurgency.wordpress.com/
    About the 2011 Revolutions:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?...2c&output=html

A Simple Kind of Man huehuecoyotl's Avatar

Like what? Stomp their foot?

Quote Originally Posted by Muwaahid View Post
    If he was a white Anglican Protestant( christian), Im sure the british govt would have done more...

highly unlikely, China is not some subservient banana republic where the West can flaunt their clout about and get what they want.

I heard he went there to be a pop star.
    “If I had ten arrows in my possession, I would throw one of them at the Romans, and I would throw the other nine at these tyrannical Fatimids.”
    Imam Abu Bakr Al-Nabulsi

Scanned Books: Who Killed Al-Hussein?

Video: Rafidah Ayatullats shameful admition.

Al-Hussein said in one of his invocations upon shia: “O Allah if you give them enjoyment for a while..then disintegrate them into groups…and divide their path…and never ever accept from them leadership…for verily they called us for help…then they transgress upon us and killed us.”(Al-Irshaad by Al-Mufid page 241)

More proof that China is emerging as a superpower and that the squealings of a country that was once considered influential are now simply swept aside as they continue to go to china with a begging bowl in one hand and a list of demands in the other.

China is flexing its muscles as the new kid on the block and I wonder what they'll do over the next 30+ years and how they'll shape the bankrupt west.

Quote Originally Posted by pakhtoon View Post
    More proof that China is emerging as a superpower and that the squealings of a country that was once considered influential are now simply swept aside as they continue to go to china with a begging bowl in one hand and a list of demands in the other.

China is flexing its muscles as the new kid on the block and I wonder what they'll do over the next 30+ years and how they'll shape the bankrupt west.
    Brazil, Russia, India and China are all rising. China and India were two of the few countries that had positive growth during the recession. As to how they will act, probably like every other nation in history when it become powerful, use its influence to further their goals. Taiwan will be absorbed, Japan will be under enormous military and economic pressure, the Russian Chinese border will heat up, and China will either use the current US network of security underpinnings for the Middle East or create their own. Preferably create their own, because they tend to leave their economic partners do as they wish as long as they get their product. The West will become net creditors as China is now which means less military expenditures, less government and and probably more freedom for the individual. Russia of course will increase its sphere of influence over the Western European states, India I have no idea about because I haven't studied them a lot. And I don't think a lot of people here cares about what Brazil does.

Quote Originally Posted by Muwaahid View Post
    If he was held in a Muslim country, like Sudan, then the so called Muslim MPS in westminister would've been quoting Qur'an and Sunnah to the leader and pleading for clemency.

Quote Originally Posted by huehuecoyotl View Post
    Brazil, Russia, India and China are all rising. China and India were two of the few countries that had positive growth during the recession. As to how they will act, probably like every other nation in history when it become powerful, use its influence to further their goals. Taiwan will be absorbed, Japan will be under enormous military and economic pressure, the Russian Chinese border will heat up, and China will either use the current US network of security underpinnings for the Middle East or create their own. Preferably create their own, because they tend to leave their economic partners do as they wish as long as they get their product. The West will become net creditors as China is now which means less military expenditures, less government and and probably more freedom for the individual. Russia of course will increase its sphere of influence over the Western European states, India I have no idea about because I haven't studied them a lot. And I don't think a lot of people here cares about what Brazil does.
    China is the new USSR as far as I see it. They are already butchering people in their lands.
    Same with India.

Oh by the way, what is the standard for a super power to follow? Who is it set by?

Quote Originally Posted by abu 'eesa View Post
    China is the new USSR as far as I see it. They are already butchering people in their lands.
    Same with India.

Oh by the way, what is the standard for a super power to follow? Who is it set by?
    Well the Chinese have already set their own precedence for being a superpower ( Dynasties) and so has Russia (Czars). Brazil really has no precedent for being a superpower ( finally a Latin American superpower) and neither does India. As to who actually set the standard... there really isn't one it. It is born out of the geopolitical climate that surrounds the entity of the characteristics of the state

Some quotes as to the characteristics of the state:

The monopoly of government is worth no more than that of a grocer's shop. The production of security inevitably becomes costly and bad when it is organized as a monopoly. It is in the monopoly of security that lies the principal cause of wars which have laid waste humanity.
    -Gustave de Molinari
    All government wars are unjust.
    -Murray Rothbard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast