Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Burka Ban in Denmark

This is a discussion on Burka Ban in Denmark within the Global Affairs forums, part of the Main Topics category; Conservatives: Ban the burka! The Conservative Party Integration Spokesman Naser Khader is calling for a ban on the burka or ...

Abu Shawarma

Default Burka Ban in Denmark

Conservatives: Ban the burka!

The Conservative Party Integration Spokesman Naser Khader is calling for a ban on the burka or niqab in the public space.

We dont want to see burkas in Denmark. We simply cant accept that some of our citizens walk around with their faces covered, says MP Naser Khader, a Syrian-Palestinian of extraction and the Conservative Partys recently-appointed integration spokesman.
    For more, read here:

Conservatives: Ban the burka! - Politiken.dk
    ٰ

{And is one who was dead and We gave him life and made for him light by which to walk among the people like one who is in darkness, never to emerge therefrom? Thus it has been made pleasing to the disbelievers that which they were doing.}

Al-An'aam 122

Abu Shawarma

Default Re: Burka Ban in Denmark

Poll: Danes support burka ban

The Conservatives have proposed a ban on the Muslim burka and niqab dress codes in the public space. A poll shows a majority in favour.
    For more, click here:

Poll: Danes support burka ban - Politiken.dk
    ٰ

{And is one who was dead and We gave him life and made for him light by which to walk among the people like one who is in darkness, never to emerge therefrom? Thus it has been made pleasing to the disbelievers that which they were doing.}

Al-An'aam 122

We simply cant accept that some of our citizens walk around with their faces covered

Spot On.

2C oursels as ithers C us Umm Ahmed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
    We simply cant accept that some of our citizens walk around with their faces covered

Spot On.

And we can't accept women who show all the men in the street their nakedness. So pitiful to watch it's like a war, get the war paint on then the clothes what sad creatures.
    Deeds are your money on the day of judgement , make sure you collect plenty now.

Say (O Muhammad SAW):"I am not a new thing among the Messengers (of Allh) (i.e. I am not the first Messenger) nor do I know what will be done with me or with you. I only follow that which is revealed to me, and I am but a plain warner." (Al-Ahqaf 46:9)

well thats another country off my holiday list then ....
    'Know that if the Nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allah had already prescribed for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would harm you only with something Allah had already prescribed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried.' Imaam an Nawawi 's 40 ahadith

2C oursels as ithers C us Umm Ahmed's Avatar

Tariq Ramadan has also fallen foul of the Dutch.

IslamicAwakening.Com: Islamic scholar hits out over sacking
    Deeds are your money on the day of judgement , make sure you collect plenty now.

Say (O Muhammad SAW):"I am not a new thing among the Messengers (of Allh) (i.e. I am not the first Messenger) nor do I know what will be done with me or with you. I only follow that which is revealed to me, and I am but a plain warner." (Al-Ahqaf 46:9)

Quote Originally Posted by isha-h View Post
    well thats another country off my holiday list then ....
    The weather is usually bad, but there are some really nice places around the country.

I can understand you don't want to visit a country with whose government you disagree with. I personally don't really want to visit Turkey since they banned Youtube.

On topic, it's been mentioned in newspapers and media around Denmark that the total amount of women wearing Burka is so incredibly low, that it makes very little sense to waste valuable politicians' time on it. Apparently there's nothing better to do... *sigh*

Naser Khader was arguing that the driving safety was at risk with women wearing burka driving... but as a journalist wrote this morning in one of the free newspapers "then if the Burka is a safety risk, the question is not whether or not she should be allowed to wear Burka, but whether or not she should be allowed to drive". Not in those exact words, but that was the general point.

It's like saying:

"Drunk people are a safety risk when driving a car. Therefore we must ban alcohol". The real point is - don't drink and drive.

Maybe a weird comparison, but that's what I came up with.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie View Post

Spot On.

"But hey! We just love our women to walk around half naked in the streets and fully naked on the beaches. We love freedom but not the type of freedom where women decide to dress modestly!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frederiksen78 View Post
    I personally don't really want to visit Turkey since they banned Youtube.

I always thought that one of the great benefits of traveling is a chance to get away from Internet, including Youtube.

So, let us see you train of thought: "This is the country ruled by military under thin guise of 'democracy': whenever they do not like the elected party, they ban it or stage a coup d'etat. But that's ok. What really ticks me off that they BANNED YOUTUBE!!!"

Abu Abdallah, I'm not sure what country you're speaking of, being ruled by the military under the guise of democracy.

Besides, what's so different from someone stating they don't want to visit Denmark because some politicians are talking about banning the burka, to someone stating they don't want to visit Turkey because the government banned youtube?

As I've also stated above, I don't agree with banning the burka. I think people should be able to wear whatever clothes they want.

You are right, of course, that one of the great benefits of traveling is the chance to get away from your daily routine with job, TV, Internet and so on. But I wasn't implying what I'd be doing in Turkey, merely what my thoughts would be of the country I was visiting. And honestly, I probably exaggerated. I don't think the banning of Youtube would keep me away from Turkey.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Voltaire

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast