Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Coalition led by Pro-Western Official Claims Lead in Libya (elections)

This is a discussion on Coalition led by Pro-Western Official Claims Lead in Libya (elections) within the Global Affairs forums, part of the Main Topics category; Salaam Alaikum, http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/09/wo...s.html?_r=1&hp Didn't see a thread for this... anyone have thoughts? It doesn't look good at first glance, but ...

Default Coalition led by Pro-Western Official Claims Lead in Libya (elections)

Salaam Alaikum,

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/09/wo...s.html?_r=1&hp

Didn't see a thread for this... anyone have thoughts? It doesn't look good at first glance, but I'd like to know if anyone has inside information, or what the Arab press is saying about it.
    The Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عايه و سلم) is reported to have said, "No one had ever been given anything better than patience." (Bukhari, Muslim)

Hanfist Salfist Humblist Firebrand Mullah's Avatar
    Follow Firebrand Mullah On Twitter

Default Re: Coalition led by Pro-Western Official Claims Lead in Libya (elections)

I can hear people already saying, it doesn't matter that thousands of people died, more mutilated and raped. It is still better than Qaddafi.

Well, my response is, you are wrong. Libyan uprising was clearly a failure. We are worse off now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abu-Asiya View Post
    I have nothing against salafis. Even some of my friends are salafis.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Firebrand Mullah For This Useful Post:
    Salamat (8th July 2012)

Default Re: Coalition led by Pro-Western Official Claims Lead in Libya (elections)

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand Mullah View Post
    I can hear people already saying, it doesn't matter that thousands of people died, more mutilated and raped. It is still better than Qaddafi.

Well, my response is, you are wrong. Libyan uprising was clearly a failure. We are worse off now.
    Well, my response is, you are wrong.
    You're not deep, you're not an intellectual, you're not an artist, you're not a critic, you're not a poet... You just have internet access.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ibn Nabih For This Useful Post:
    Abul Hasan (9th July 2012), Pluma (9th July 2012)

Banned

The uprising was definitely a success since it achieved its objective of unstopping Ghaddafi.

The result is a mixed bag.

Alhamdulillah, there are Muslimeen who boycotted the religion of democracy totally and who have some power in some provinces of Libya. As was expected the juhal flocked to the polling boots to participate in this cursed deen of democracy.

May Allah give these juhal hidaya so that they will completely boycott the next elections and instead opt for an Islam..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by abumuwahid View Post
    The uprising was definitely a success since it achieved its objective of unstopping Ghaddafi.

The result is a mixed bag.

Alhamdulillah, there are Muslimeen who boycotted the religion of democracy totally and who have some power in some provinces of Libya. As was expected the juhal flocked to the polling boots to participate in this cursed deen of democracy.

May Allah give these juhal hidaya so that they will completely boycott the next elections and instead opt for an Islam..
    Instead of voting in democratic elections, which method do you propose - the traditional muslim terrorist way ?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nyfiken View Post
    Instead of voting in democratic elections, which method do you propose - the traditional muslim terrorist way ?
    Okay you are clearly baiting now.

Reporting you to mods. I hope they ban you.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to abumuwahid For This Useful Post:
    'Umar (11th July 2012), Abu Hafsa al Andalusi (8th July 2012), خالد (9th July 2012), Pluma (9th July 2012), Salamat (8th July 2012), Umm Sayyid Qutb (8th July 2012)

If everyone could refrain from discussing matters with the boring unimportant person who happened to post the fourth post in this thread then I think that would be really good for ensuring discussions don't get derailed.

I recommend the ignore list.
    The Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عايه و سلم) is reported to have said, "No one had ever been given anything better than patience." (Bukhari, Muslim)

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Patience For This Useful Post:
    'Umar (11th July 2012), abumuwahid (8th July 2012), خالد (9th July 2012), Umm Sayyid Qutb (8th July 2012), Wild Wild West (9th July 2012), wurood (8th July 2012)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    If everyone could refrain from discussing matters with the boring unimportant person who happened to post the fourth post in this thread then I think that would be really good for ensuring discussions don't get derailed.

I recommend the ignore list.
    Well, he needs to be banned for baiting as I pointed out in my previous post.

Hanfist Salfist Humblist Firebrand Mullah's Avatar
    Follow Firebrand Mullah On Twitter

the killing of thousands of people, the increase in crime, rape, pillaging and chaos in Libya are results of this uprising against Qaddafi. He might be dead now. But Libyans are not better off. There is no way anyone can justify this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abu-Asiya View Post
    I have nothing against salafis. Even some of my friends are salafis.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Firebrand Mullah For This Useful Post:
    Salamat (8th July 2012)

the killing of thousands of people, the increase in crime, rape, pillaging and chaos in Libya are results of this uprising against Qaddafi. He might be dead now. But Libyans are not better off. There is no way anyone can justify this.
    One might be able to argue that Libyans are potentially better off later on.

I don't think it's really a workable argument though.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast