Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Deactivate Facebook Accounts

This is a discussion on Deactivate Facebook Accounts within the Global Affairs forums, part of the Main Topics category; Bismillah, Facebook is openly sponsoring the "Everyone Draw Muhammad Day" salaa Allahu 'alayhi wa salam. They are refusing to take ...

Default Deactivate Facebook Accounts

Bismillah,

Facebook is openly sponsoring the "Everyone Draw Muhammad Day" salaa Allahu 'alayhi wa salam. They are refusing to take it down even though they take down countless Muslim pages every single day. They know that if it was called, "Everybody Insult a Jew Day" or "Everybody Insult Black People Day" then they would take it down. These people are enemies of Allah and we should not give them our time and money. We should abandon this site and stick to other social networking sites. If we cannot sacrifice our networking abilities for our beloved Nabi - salaa Allahu 'alayhi wa salam - then who are we? What will he tell us when we come to his pond? SubxaanAllah the saxaabah risked death in order to kill those who insulted him, and we will not simply give up a luxury that did not even exist before this decade?

PLEASE DEACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNTS

Default Re: Deactivate Facebook Accounts

Allah make it easy for any brother/sister to give up their accounts for the honour of RasoolAllah s.a.w and replace their 'loss' with something better.....
    Our Beloved Prophet Muhummad [Peace And Blessings Of Allah Be Upon Him] Is No Doubt The Best Of Creation And Unquestionably The Prince Of The Two Worlds- He Is Simply The Greatest Human Being Ever To Grace The Universe Of Allah SWT....We Love You O Rasoolallah!

The same could said for youtube.

Social Networking
    The ‘Loss of Face’ – book

There is a famous hadith, where Rasoolullah (SAS) is reported to have said, ‘If you lose your ghaira (sense of honor) then you can do anything (anything no matter how shameless).’ I believe this is being demonstrated today in the Facebook drawing contest. First you lose your ghaira and then when someone puts up a ‘contest’ to draw caricatures of Rasoolullah (SAS), all that the Muslims can think of saying is, ‘Don’t log in on May 20.’ What goes without saying of course is, ‘Don’t give up Facebook.’

The big question is, ‘What is social networking and how is it useful?’

Of course you will hear the usual bleating saying, ‘It is so nice to know what my sister is doing….blah, blah.’

So ask this person, ‘Why can’t you send your sister an email asking what she is doing and she can respond to you. Or even better, if you can, call your sister and talk to her.’ But no, I must talk to my sister in a space where it is not only the sister who is listening but almost anyone who cares to listen, whether that person is a stranger or related or concerned or not.’ So is it about your concern for your sister or is it something else?

So also in this space are pictures which really have no place outside the home, in a public space of you hugging your sister or wife or whoever – but of course who knows it is your sister or your wife, eh!! And so on and so on. I don’t think I need to describe all that there is to people who put it there in the first place.

Yes, of course there are controls. Tell me all about them. Tell me also how come almost nobody uses them. How many Facebook profiles do you know who have the maximum control activated where only their immediate family can see them? And of course in the end, all control is only as good as the techies and geeks on the Facebook site allow. After all they can access all that information anyway.

So what is really being achieved by Facebook, Twitter and so on? (Twitter?? Whoever coined that term is a genius. Talk about under the belt. Who twitters? A twit!! – but then I suppose a twit doesn’t know that he is a twit, right?)

So what is achieved?

What is achieved is what would be the equivalent of peeping in through your window. Wanting to know what you are doing all the time. I want to know what you are doing all the time and I want you to know what I am doing all the time. Why? Why?

Intrusion into privacy when it is done against your will is unpleasant. So what is better? Get you into a state of mind where you will volunteer to tell people all about your internal organs on your own. See the change? An intruder is an intruder only when he intrudes against your will. If you invite him in, then he is a guest, not an intruder. Same person, same you but different rules. And that’s what it is all about, the rules of engagement.

So is it ‘social networking’ or is it ‘social engineering?’

The purpose is to change the rules of society. Break barriers (bad word); make people more approachable (good word).

And where does this lead to? Addiction and intoxication. Addiction to seeing what others are doing and telling others what you are doing on a daily, hourly, minute by minute basis. And being intoxicated with the false feeling that you are so interesting that people are really interested in what you are doing. Not realizing or willing to believe that these are the actions of other intoxicated people.

You don’t like the word ‘intoxication’? Just don’t log onto your Facebook or Twitter account for two days and monitor your heartbeat, blood pressure, tremor in your mouse, whatever and you will see what I mean. And all this for what? What is achieved with the time that you spend reading about other’s adenoids and telling them about yours? Incidentally I know what adenoids means and that you don’t talk about them. But I don’t want to write what you really talk about, so!!!

So what did you achieve? Just ask yourself this question, ‘What did I achieve by being on Facebook and Twitter (and whichever of these infernal social networks you are on) over the past month, year or whatever period.’ Remember this is a serious question because you Muslim/ah are spending your time (life) doing it. And that makes it the first question that you will have to answer to Allah. So what did you achieve? Prepare the answer. You will need it.

Social networking is social engineering. Its purpose is to change the values and ethics of people. This is done, in its most benign form, to encourage you to indulge more and more in the consumerist society that is all consuming. We think we are the consumers. But we are in reality the consumed. Just think, how many of you buy things, see shows, go to restaurants (and other places), like or dislike things because of campaigns on Facebook and Twitter? See what is happening? Your minds are invaded and influenced. This is the most benign purpose. There are others, less benign. You don’t understand what they may be. Of course you don’t. If you could, you wouldn’t be there, would you? And that is why Facebook is for people like you. Sorry to sound impolite but to call a sheep a sheep is to acknowledge its identity, not a lack of politeness. After all if you want to define yourself as a sheep, who am I to disagree. You know yourself best.

But if you would like to give those unused cells some work and think about what the agenda behind this social engineering (at least call it by its right name) is, then your eyes may actually open. I am a believer in miracles.

Otherwise you are welcome to spend your time in giving the telephone companies more business by forwarding badly written SMS messages about the cartoon campaign ( I received the same message 8 times since last evening) and then when the angels come for your soul, you can tell Allah what you did with the life and time that He blessed you with.

Just GET OFF Facebook. NOW. DO IT NOW.

Can I be clearer than that?? Tell me how.

(Source: Br.Khalid Baig)

WAA MU'THASIMA....RISE TO DEFEND THE HONOUR OF THE PROPHET SAWS) AND THE MUSLIMS

Praise be to ALLAH I have never joined Facebook, even though I have got so many invites.

O ALLAH bleed this company to death for waging this campaign against your prophet and may their owners be afflicted with painful diseases that causes them to perish . Ameen.

THE DUST WILL NEVER SETTLE DOWN

Madinah

Main Page
    From Madinah

Attention - Join the movement to spread the light of the Prophet's (pbuh) mission - targeting 1 million contacts to be done for the Prophet (pbuh) on 20th May- click here. Join Madina.com, the social networking site for Muslims, instead of putting up with facebook.
    Welcome to Madinah.com,
    the Islamic encyclopedia written by Muslims for the entire humanity.
    193 articles (and counting) in English

Overview · Editing · Questions · Help Contents · Categories · Featured content · A–Z index

Use the search box in the left sidebar to look for articles of your interest. This is a work-in-progress. InshaAllah, it will improve with each day as you keep coming back!
    Caveat : Dear brothers/sisters, Madinah.com is going to have a new name very soon - ilmpedia!

ilmpedia, we believe, reflects more accurately the rationale of our mission - ilm stands for Knowledge which has a pivotal role to play in Islam, and 'pedia' is Greek for education. In our view, only the one who has has ilm of his purpose of existence, can be called truly educated. However, this does not mean we are giving up on Madina- the city of our Prophet (pbuh) - you can visit the social networking site with the name of Madina. So, visit Madina to get together, and visit ilmpedia (once the name is changed) to educate yourself on the Islamic perspective on all things!

WAA MU'THASIMA....RISE TO DEFEND THE HONOUR OF THE PROPHET SAWS) AND THE MUSLIMS

Facebook is being biased against Muslims

Category: Facebook
    Asalaam Alaikum,
    Facebook continues to allow the hate page "Everybody Draw Mohammed Day!" even after thousands of Muslims complain yet quickyly deletes the hate page ""Everybody Ridicule Draw Holocaust Day" based on the complaints of Jews.
    See here:
    May 20 - Everybody Ridicule & Draw Holocaust Day | Facebook 22Everybody + Ridicule +% 26 + Draw + Holocaust + Day% 22 & cd = 1 & hl = en & ct = clnk
    Both sites are wrong. By why the double standards?
    Is Facebook just a tool? It is a tool but a tool controlled by those who treat some people better than others. Treat their own people in one way and Muslims in another

.WAA MU'THASIMA....RISE TO DEFEND THE HONOUR OF THE PROPHET SAWS) AND THE MUSLIMS

the help of Çááĺý is near muslima12's Avatar

done..........

Banned

Make Sincere dua from your hearts against those who insult the noble of creations to exist.

May ALlah curse them and destroy them as the people of Aad were destroyed ! Ameeeeeeeeeeeen

Amin to ibnmohammed and intoodeep duas, i have every niyaah personally to give up face book, joined a new social networking site for muslims only, it is :

Sign In to MuslimsUnited - MuslimsUnited

What is facebook to the honour of RasoolAllah s.a.w? Allah make facebook and everyone who joined in those blasphemous cartoons perish and perish reaaal baaaaaaaad....
    Our Beloved Prophet Muhummad [Peace And Blessings Of Allah Be Upon Him] Is No Doubt The Best Of Creation And Unquestionably The Prince Of The Two Worlds- He Is Simply The Greatest Human Being Ever To Grace The Universe Of Allah SWT....We Love You O Rasoolallah!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast