Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Genetics: Enemy of Evolution

This is a discussion on Genetics: Enemy of Evolution within the Global Affairs forums, part of the Main Topics category; I've read your post a couple of times and I still can't figure out what you're trying to say. Why ...

A Simple Kind of Man huehuecoyotl's Avatar

Default Re: Genetics: Enemy of Evolution

I've read your post a couple of times and I still can't figure out what you're trying to say. Why aren't there more fossils? Why don't the fossils make some kind of flip book version of evolution or something.

On a side note I'm not an atheist in the true sense as god is too nebulous a concept to know what I'm supposed to be denying.

Quote Originally Posted by huehuecoyotl View Post
    On a side note I'm not an atheist in the true sense as god is too nebulous a concept to know what I'm supposed to be denying.
    We have to approach the issue of God while keeping in mind our own limitations. We have the capacity to know that there is a creator based on what we see around us, but we do not have the capacity to sit around and deduce everything about God's essence and all his characteristics. However, we have gained knowledge about the creator and his essence through his messengers. Even then, we as Muslims do not claim to know everything about Allah and his essence. A flaw of the atheists is that they stick to the position that they will not believe in God until someone explains every detail about his essence, like how he came into being (which is a flawed question) etc. We might not have the capacity to know everything about the creator, but we have the capacity to know he exists.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rc51 For This Useful Post:
    ArcSine (3rd February 2012), Layth (2nd February 2012)

A Simple Kind of Man huehuecoyotl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rc51 View Post
    We have to approach the issue of God while keeping in mind our own limitations. We have the capacity to know that there is a creator based on what we see around us, but we do not have the capacity to sit around and deduce everything about God's essence and all his characteristics. However, we have gained knowledge about the creator and his essence through his messengers. Even then, we as Muslims do not claim to know everything about Allah and his essence. A flaw of the atheists is that they stick to the position that they will not believe in God until someone explains every detail about his essence, like how he came into being (which is a flawed question) etc. We might not have the capacity to know everything about the creator, but we have the capacity to know he exists.
    I disagree one the meta issues on these. 1) We don't know a creator exists. We do know that something the universe could be the effect of some cause. What that cause is, is impossible to know. 2. The idea that messengers come down, explain things, etc is an Abrahamic religious idea etc, you've already assumed the conclusion that these guys are talking about the same cause that created the universe when that may not be so. What I was saying is that to be an atheist one must deny that God exists, but God isn't synonymous with the First Cause until someone defines God that way. Then one can examine it or not, until then God is a practically meaningless word much like Zebornkin is until I tell you what that is.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456