The Islamic Standard - Weekly Edition, 2nd July 2010

Bringing you the news of the wider Ummah to the Muslims of the UK

20th Rajab, 1431 / Friday 2nd July, 2010 Edition

The Islamic Standard is an e-newspaper distributed for free to the Muslims of the UK, please forward to all your email contacts and spread the news.

If you wish to subscribe to this e-newspaper then email
TheIslamicStandard@gmail.com
making sure the title contains the word subscribe.

MP Philip Hollobone tries to ban Niqab

The Niqab face veil, sometimes known as a Burkha in some cultures is part of the teachings of Islam but coming under attack, not in France or Belgium this time, but in Britain

link to the rest of the story

Taliban rule out negotiations with Nato

We are certain that we are winning. Why should we talk if we have the upper hand, and the foreign troops are considering withdrawal, and there are differences in the ranks of our enemies?

link to the rest of this story

Doorway to Fitnah: Free-mixing!

The youth sometimes approach me and tell me: Ya sheikh ! Why are you making marriage hard on us? Do you want us to remain single forever!! How are we supposed to find people if we cant even TALK to them? Simple talking! And besides thats what everyone does, especially in my culturethey cant all be wrong?!

link to the rest of the article

From FBI Hero to Outcast Zero

facing the predictable consequences of his own actions, caught in a cultural, religious and ethnic no-mans-land, unable to return to his community, yet out of place in American life.

I lost my people, Omar said during one in a series of rambling interviews over the last month with the Philidephia Inquirer I lost my religion. And I can do nothing about it.

Is Hiraan online sleeping with the TFG?

Hiraan online is a major internet news player within the Somali community with many if not most Somali refugees in the west relying on its news coverage with its use of both Somali and English.

It is an undoubtably secularist site, attacking the Shariah of Allah and those who promote it and promoting other kufr such as grave worship and sins such as free-mixing, Bidah, music, women uncovering etc etc.

But a recent contractual letter has come to light showing their supposed impartiality might be even more of a sham than practicing muslims already thought.

EDL youth made and tested bombs

A 16 year old youth with an unhealthy interest in explosives and right wing politics made gunpowder and nailbombs with chemicals bought from his mothers eBay account but dont worry because the Police say he is not a terrorist

Papal anger at Belgian Church Paedo priest investigations

The Popes latest comments shows they still dont get it so lets spell it out for them in clear terms

PRIESTS BUGGERING LITTLE BOYS IS BAD, THE CHURCH COVERING UP AND ALLOWING IT CONTINUE FOR DECADES IF NOT LONGER IS EVEN WORSE!

Are we all clear now?

Settlers attack Palestinian school children in Hebron

Here we have a video of Jewish settlers stood mocking and throwing stones at Muslim kids going to school, as you can see the most moral army in the world stands by and does nothing to stop them, indeed is protecting them from reprisals from those the Jews humiliate every single day.

link to the rest of this story and video

The Traps of Iblees

Imm Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah

It is not possible to encompass one of Iblees evils, let alone all of them. Since Iblees evil is of six types, Iblees remains behind the son of Adam until he gets him to do one or more of these six evils

link to the rest of the article

For more news and views from the Islamic Standard please check out our news blog at theislamicstandard/wordpress.com

If you have a story which you feel may be of interest to the readers of The Islamic Standard, please forward any useful details, including any links to online news stories, blogs, websites etc

Please feel free to forward to your brothers and sisters in Islam through email, ensuring the format stays the same.

If anyone wishes to use a story from the Islamic Standard, please include a e-link back to our news blog and the original story on there.