Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Jamaat-i-Islami (JI): The Taliban are misrepresenting Islam

This is a discussion on Jamaat-i-Islami (JI): The Taliban are misrepresenting Islam within the Global Affairs forums, part of the Main Topics category; Earlier this year, Jamaat-i-Islami leadership contacted Taliban in Swat and Waziristan to persuade them to give up violent activities which ...

Exclamation Jamaat-i-Islami (JI): The Taliban are misrepresenting Islam

Earlier this year, Jamaat-i-Islami leadership contacted Taliban in Swat and Waziristan to persuade them to give up violent activities which misrepresented Islam to the world.

JI is one of the oldest religious parties ranking among the leading and most influential Islamic parties in Pakistan. For Jummat-i-islami leadership to hold a shura council for its decision making on holding discussions with the Taliban is a big start. For JI to say that the Taliban are misrepresenting Islam to the world is an even bigger start.

The party expressed concern over the beheading of state functionaries, bombings where the innocent are killed, and killing tribal elders and members who are not in agreement with the Taliban. The meeting directed JI Swat Amir Fazle Subhan and party leaders in Swat, Waziristan and Mohmand Agency to convince the local Taliban that the violent methods they are using to promote their ideologies are not Islamic.

Source: www.dawn.com I read this info earlier this year...it may have been as far back as January. I have to search for the exact link to the article. But DAWN is the source! InshAllah, I will provide the link soon.

What was the purpose of opening a new thread? To give your pipeline of news a supply of oxygen? Please let it die already. There is no point in starting fitna during Ramadan.
    ---

Disclaimer: My opinion about anything is just that - an opinion that isn't Islamically binding.
    ---

'I think, therefore I don't vote.'

Brother, please!
    It is not fitnah when it is reality.

I dont think most people here give a damn about what JI have to say about the Taliban or what rubbish you have to post.

The muslims of this forum love the Taliban as well as all Mujahideen striving in the path of Allah, nothing you post is going to change that InshaAllah.

Perish in your rage
    And say not concerning that which your tongues put forth falsely: This is lawful and this is forbidden, so as to invent lies against Allaah. Verily, those who invent lies against Allaah will never prosper. [al-Nahl 16:116].

Syed Qutb (ra) when asked to seek pardon from nasser said
    Verily the index finger that testifies to the oneness of Allah in prayer utterly rejects to write even one letter that endorses the rule of the tyrant

Here is a link to a similar piece: http://www.dawn.com/2008/01/18/top12.htm

This is talking about the Taliban in Pakistan, the likes of the so-called Tehreek-e-Taliban and their unislamic acts.

Quote Originally Posted by Yasir View Post
    This is talking about the Taliban in Pakistan, the likes of the so-called Tehreek-e-Taliban and their unislamic acts.

Could you elaborate as to what you consider "unislamic acts"?
    And say not concerning that which your tongues put forth falsely: This is lawful and this is forbidden, so as to invent lies against Allaah. Verily, those who invent lies against Allaah will never prosper. [al-Nahl 16:116].

Syed Qutb (ra) when asked to seek pardon from nasser said
    Verily the index finger that testifies to the oneness of Allah in prayer utterly rejects to write even one letter that endorses the rule of the tyrant

Muslim Male
    SoI

Default The Taliban are misrepresenting Islam

Well spoken Brother Waziri, ;; you took the words
    right out of my mouth,,

may Allah Praise him,;;; look after our brave men
    who are giving their lives for their country

INSHALLAH

SOLDIER OF ISLAM

Jamaat-i-Islami (JI): The Taliban are misrepresenting Islam

Earlier this year, Jamaat-i-Islami leadership contacted Taliban in Swat and Waziristan to persuade them to give up violent activities which misrepresented Islam to the world.

JI is one of the oldest religious parties ranking among the leading and most influential Islamic parties in Pakistan. For Jummat-i-islami leadership to hold a shura council for its decision making on holding discussions with the Taliban is a big start. For JI to say that the Taliban are misrepresenting Islam to the world is an even bigger start.

The party expressed concern over the beheading of state functionaries, bombings where the innocent are killed, and killing tribal elders and members who are not in agreement with the Taliban. The meeting directed JI Swat Amir Fazle Subhan and party leaders in Swat, Waziristan and Mohmand Agency to convince the local Taliban that the violent methods they are using to promote their ideologies are not Islamic.
    This and...

this is a reoccurring fungus

Perish in your rage

TAFKA BM

And are we to suppose that the political cowardice and opportunism of Jama'at al-Islami and its collaboration with tyrannical dictators is the true representation of Islam?

Senior Member Abdullah ibn Adam's Avatar

Sabro, why don't you now post some articles about how Hamid Karzai is misrepresenting Islam, or how many of the northern alliance warlords were also misrepresenting Islam?

What about Karzai's appointment of the kafir atheist communist Abdulrashid Dostum as the deputy defence minister of the new "Islamic" republic of Afghanistan???!!!!

Don't you think that this is a far greater misrepresentation of Islam than whatever mistakes the Taliban might be accused of?

Answer if you are truthful!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast