Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

My views regarding Imran Hosein, Al-muhajiroun, islamic groups and organisations and mujahideen!

This is a discussion on My views regarding Imran Hosein, Al-muhajiroun, islamic groups and organisations and mujahideen! within the Global Affairs forums, part of the Main Topics category; Look up the word excommunication...

Salafi (Retd.)

Default Re: My views regarding Imran Hosein, Al-muhajiroun, islamic groups and organisations and mujahideen!

Look up the word excommunication
    The Hawaalian Alliance
    Faith - Insight - Progress

God be with you, Don Quixote! Many are the windmills from which you have saved the Ummah!
    http://madkhalis.com/2013/06/the-qui...dkhali-and-co/

Banned

Default Re: My views regarding Imran Hosein, Al-muhajiroun, islamic groups and organisations and mujahideen!

No need to look such mundane words up.

Banned

Every post in this thread aside from FB's and Maiwands should be moved to one that is entitled 'The Evils of Sarcasm and Why It's Prohibited'.

Exhibit 1

Quote Originally Posted by Brother A
    How can you [Brother C] say that you love ikhwan and ht?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother B
    Are you throwing him off the manhaj? ...[Brother C] you have been excommunicated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother A
    I am sorry to say, but your response is rather foolish and immature.

Furthermore, who has excommunicated him.

Allah is my witness and so is everybody who reads this thread. At no point did I make takfeer of [Brother C] and at no point did I even imply it.

If you are implying that I did, then you are a slanderer and you should repent from your evil sin and retract your lie at once.
    And if the shock and sincerely offended response of Brother A wasn't enough to show that one instance of sarcasm wasn't enough, he gets a second unhealthy dose:

Quote Originally Posted by Brother B
    Indeed, sometimes when you highlight the mentality of people, it can only come out in words that display the immaturity of the whole situation.

I am not implying that you made takfir, so your emotional exaggeration can be put on the shelf for now.

I thought it was clear, after my first sentence, the context within which I was using it, but, alas, it wasn't...

How dare he say such things! When he says ridiculous things on the other side of the spectrum though- silence...
    Sarcasm is Haram and it leads to unnecessary disputes and misunderstandings.

I've managed to rid my house of it by simply changing my behavior and reminding my family of the ruling on it.

Can we please work to change our online homes as well?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ibn al-Iskandar For This Useful Post:
    abumuwahid (15th June 2012), ayub57 (16th June 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by abumuwahid View Post
    Maiwand.
    As Salamu Alaykum..

How can you say that you love ikhwan and ht?

Subhanallah.

Do you know anything about these groups?
    OK, look:

I think this is a perfectly reasonable question to ask - and I think TheUmmahStridesForward overreacted a little in his response to this.

As far as I can see, all he is asking is if he knows what these groups are about.
    And the assumption that he is making tabdee' is a little far-fetched because in other threads he is defending Maiwand.

Anyway, may Allah forgive us all - I know I myself overreact like this at times too without meaning to so inshallah no harm is done.
    The Hawaalian Alliance
    Faith - Insight - Progress

:
    Do the Deed of Heroes: Seek Rizq from Halal
    -Sufyan al-Thawri

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wild Wild West For This Useful Post:
    abumuwahid (15th June 2012), ayub57 (16th June 2012), Ibn al-Iskandar (15th June 2012)

Banned

Talking about sarcasm.

An activist in the town square invited me into his space for a cup of coffee some time ago.

After entering the tent and greeting the occupants somebody said rather dryly "give him a jug of beer."

I didn't know the guy and so I responded "I don't drink."

He then got annoyed and blurted "It was supposed to be sarcasm for God's sake."

Well, if it was, then I didn't get it.

Moreover, if its not done properly then it is lost on it's intended target.

Even if it is permissible then it should be used sparingly and by those who are adept at using it.

It was written... TheUmmahStridesForward's Avatar

For any hurt or confusion I have caused unfairly, I apologise.

I think my first post was misunderstood and taken in the wrong way, but If I do have an uncultured or disrespectful way of conversing, again, I apologise.

As for me becoming 'brother a' in the evidence for another brothers debate he is having on the forum over whether Sarcasm is haram or not. Allahu A'alam. I ask Allah to forgive me and everyone who sees this, and everyone they love Ameen.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheUmmahStridesForward For This Useful Post:
    Ibn al-Iskandar (16th June 2012), Wild Wild West (16th June 2012)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheUmmahStridesForward View Post
    As for me becoming 'brother a' in the evidence for another brothers debate he is having on the forum over whether Sarcasm is haram or not. Allahu A'alam. I ask Allah to forgive me and everyone who sees this, and everyone they love Ameen.
    Ameen. May Allah AWJ forgive all of us. Ameen.

I had no intention of indirectly involving you in that debate.

Literally seconds after pushing 'Post Quick Reply' in my post, I thought to myself that there are likely hundreds of examples of my own behavior on this forum more worthy of being first on a thread entitled 'Sarcasm and Its Evils'.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ibn al-Iskandar For This Useful Post:
    TheUmmahStridesForward (16th June 2012), Wild Wild West (16th June 2012)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheUmmahStridesForward View Post
    For any hurt or confusion I have caused unfairly, I apologise.

I think my first post was misunderstood and taken in the wrong way, but If I do have an uncultured or disrespectful way of conversing, again, I apologise.

May Allah forgive us all brother.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abumuwahid For This Useful Post:
    TheUmmahStridesForward (16th June 2012), Wild Wild West (16th June 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Ibn al-Iskandar View Post
    Sarcasm is Haram and it leads to unnecessary disputes and misunderstandings.

I've managed to rid my house of it by simply changing my behavior and reminding my family of the ruling on it.

Can we please work to change our online homes as well?
    Maybe I've missed something here, but is there any evidence for that? If this is the case then I'm in abit of trouble.
    Where are those who loved one another for My glory? Today i will shade them in My shade on the Day when there is no shade but Mine"

Muslim 16/123

http://muslimahbibliotek.blogspot.se/

Quote Originally Posted by Umm Sayyid Qutb View Post
    Maybe I've missed something here, but is there any evidence for that? If this is the case then I'm in abit of trouble.
    I think the brother is referring to "Sukhriya" wa Allahu A'lam. See Al-Qur'an Sourah 49 Ayaah 11 11. O you who believe! Let not some people among you deride another people; it may be that the latter are better than the former. Nor let some women deride other women; it may be that the latter are better than the former. Nor defame one another (and provoke the same for yourselves in retaliation); nor insult one another with nicknames . Evil is using names with vile meaning after ( have accepted) the faith . Whoever does not turn to God in repentance , those are indeed wrongdoers.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Muneer88 For This Useful Post:
    Umm Sayyid Qutb (16th June 2012)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast