Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Newsnight programme (30th april )

This is a discussion on Newsnight programme (30th april ) within the Global Affairs forums, part of the Main Topics category; If the media reports are correct, Thank you for planning to blow up a shopping centre and kill dozens of ...

Muslim Female
    Umm

If the media reports are correct, Thank you for planning to blow up a shopping centre and kill dozens of Muslims and non-Muslims? Thank you for being so dull to actually think Islam sanctions your plans for indiscriminate mass-murder? Oh, and we mustn't forget to add in the Postscript, "Down Down British Law! Free the Muslim Prisoners!"
    Again, how many Muslims disapprove of such actions, because they are scared of the repercussions they themselves will suffer? If shariah 100% supported such an action, would you applaud them? Or would it be a case of "Well, it is allowed, but what will the non-Muslims think"

I am not saying that it is allowed, I am just curious to know how many Muslims really object on the grounds of shariah "being raped" as Abu Z puts it, or in the interests of self-preservation.

In Islaam, there is such a thing as being there for a Muslim, even if you don't agree with their views. Such a thing as giving them the correct tarbiyyah. It is true that such a process is a laborious one, and not as much "fun" as snide, caustic comments fired out from over the Net.
    "There is accountability in blood and money."
    Shaheed Sheikh Anwar al Awlaqi rahimahullah

At the risk of appearing naive - even to you - I'll ask, are you suggesting the US Economy has not recovered since 9/11?
    Quote Originally Posted by Umm View Post
    The US economy, even kaafirs acknowledge the defesit the military action is accruing.
    So military action carried out by the US has ceased since 9/11? Is the defecit the US is facing, a direct result of 9/11?

Muslim Female
    Umm

The fact that military action has increased since 9-11, is due to America's pride. in being a "superpower". America is like the bully who gets punched in the stomach unexpectedly by a weaker opponent - and hit hurts. She fights back even stronger for the present. However, long term, she will crumble insha'Allah.

The defesit wasn't there in Clinton's reign, as far as I recall. So 9-11 and the ensuing military action that followed have caused it.
    "There is accountability in blood and money."
    Shaheed Sheikh Anwar al Awlaqi rahimahullah

Again, how many Muslims disapprove of such actions, because they are scared of the repercussions they themselves will suffer? If shariah 100% supported such an action, would you applaud them?
    Are you being hypothetical, as I can't see anyone legitimising of their reported plans? Does the Shar'iah support their actions?
    ... I am just curious to know how many Muslims really object on the grounds of shariah "being raped" as Abu Z puts it, or in the interests of self-preservation.
    Even if it was for the sake of self-preservation, is that something foreign to the Shariah?
    Such a thing as giving them the correct tarbiyyah.
    I agree that the Muslim community must do much more to educate Muslims about the Shari'ah. However, the question always rises, where did this idea originate? Why would a bunch of teenagers go on to think their planning such horrific acts would be something endorsed by the Shari'ah or something positive for Islam?

Peculiarly Ostrobogulous Expergefactionist's Avatar
    Follow Expergefactionist On Twitter Add Expergefactionist on Facebook Add Expergefactionist on Google+

I am not saying that it is allowed, I am just curious to know how many Muslims really object on the grounds of shariah "being raped" as Abu Z puts it, or in the interests of self-preservation.
    That is completely irrelevant, when Sharia is actually being raped as we speak by the very people who claim to defend and implement it.

It is like a woman being raped, and you ask: 'Oh, are you condemning it for your own preservation or because it is forbidden in Islam?'

The worst thing is that we do not even feel for the abuse of Sharia, and even if we do, we just brush it aside as if its nothing... 'InshaAllah, these brothers will learn and reflect... they only made a small silly mistake...'

And as far as self-preservation is concerned, isn't that also endorsed by the Sharia? Or does it even matter? Do we even care?
    A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Albert Einstein

It depends which way you look at it. 9/11 struck a blow to the US economy, that same economy that funds the killing of Muslims in various countries.

Yes, they were reckless, but this is what happens when the new generation act without wisdom or experience. The more experienced brothers won't touch them with a barge pole, for fear of going down with them, as they sense their recklessness and naivety. And so, they wander without guidance, and land themselves in a mess. Our job is to make du'a for our brothers, not make rejoice at their capture. That doesn't help anyone. How many Muslims would sincerely write to these brothers in order to lift their emaan?

Naseehah can only be given if
    1) people ask
    2) they are willing to listen.

"Look at their security, it's crap, it's a joke." http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...26/nterr26.xml

Made Allah reward them for their concern for the Ummah, forgive their mistakes and return them to their families as stronger Muslims, ameen.
    9/11 hardly did anything to the US economy. infact all it did was give bush excuse to invest in the military sector and look at how much money he had.

plus if we want to go for the "little evil, for greater good", ever since 9/11 muslims have been prosecuted even more. so how did that help?????.

i have written to imams who have been arrested, but i wouldnt write to some1 who plans to kill innocent people in public areas, especially if my family could be there. maybe he should wait for his family to come and then blow himself up!

im talking about combat in countries like uk and US. issues of paletsine are different tho....

i duno..

Allah knows best

What a naive thought. The US economy, even kaafirs acknowledge the defesit the military action is accruing.

yes, but that was AFTER the failure of Iraq.

and the issue of iraq was that of Saddam

but lets not forget the apparent oil they are stealing.

its normaly for an economy to go up and down, just give it time, u will see how the US economy will rise up again. its just a matter of time.

Again, how many Muslims disapprove of such actions, because they are scared of the repercussions they themselves will suffer? If shariah 100% supported such an action, would you applaud them? Or would it be a case of "Well, it is allowed, but what will the non-Muslims think"

In Islaam, there is such a thing as being there for a Muslim, even if you don't agree with their views. Such a thing as giving them the correct tarbiyyah. It is true that such a process is a laborious one, and not as much "fun" as snide, caustic comments fired out from over the Net.
    you should understand that the Shariah is there for our protection.

So if something is allowed, we understand that there is good in it, even if we dont see in, and if something is haram, we understand its bad, even we dont see the initial dangers

how could the shariah allowed killing of innocent people?

you know, if u have a glass of wine with ur dinner everyday, its actually good for ur digestion! yet its haram? why? because we know that people will not be able to control themselevs. yes maybe one or two people can, but majority as a whole will not and the result of acohol is deaths due to assualt, rape, drink driving, poisoning, etc so the effect is felt on the society as a whole.

so if suicide bombing would anger afew and help many muslims, that would be understandable, but all these people are doing are giving the kuffar more excuse to oppress.

Jihad and Da'wah come together

and Allah knows best

The fact that military action has increased since 9-11, is due to America's pride. in being a "superpower". America is like the bully who gets punched in the stomach unexpectedly by a weaker opponent - and hit hurts. She fights back even stronger for the present. However, long term, she will crumble insha'Allah.

The defesit wasn't there in Clinton's reign, as far as I recall. So 9-11 and the ensuing military action that followed have caused it.
    america will be here till the end, they will probably be part of the army the muslims fight in the end.

they have over 5,000 nuclear weapons, and we have seen that they dont mind using them.

if they were worried abt money, all they would have to do is stop trying to get to Mars, and they would have all the money they needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Abuz Zubair View Post
    That is completely irrelevant, when Sharia is actually being raped as we speak by the very people who claim to defend and implement it.

It is like a woman being raped, and you ask: 'Oh, are you condemning it for your own preservation or because it is forbidden in Islam?'

The worst thing is that we do not even feel for the abuse of Sharia, and even if we do, we just brush it aside as if its nothing... 'InshaAllah, these brothers will learn and reflect... they only made a small silly mistake...'

And as far as self-preservation is concerned, isn't that also endorsed by the Sharia? Or does it even matter? Do we even care?

you read about the great Mujahideen, from the time of the companions, to even Salahudeen, and you see how they were very knowledgeable and they were aware of what they were doing.

how do this brothers, who you may know are muslims the first time u see them, think they could bring down a country by killing innocent people?

im not saying we shouldnt fight them, but even the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) had battle plans. just look at how he lined them up during Jihad.

i live in the uk and i see and speak to youth here. they really have strange views and it does seem like they have been brainwashed. many of them fight for palestine, yet have no idea why! some are not even sure where it is!

some even believe it says in the quran that u should go kill the non muslims.

May Allah guide us all.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast