Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Plans collapse for Britain's biggest mosque in London

This is a discussion on Plans collapse for Britain's biggest mosque in London within the Global Affairs forums, part of the Main Topics category; whether or not the tablighee jama'ah make us feel good is irrelevant. Your reacting on emotion and intellect. Even the ...

  1. #11

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    755

    Default Re: Plans collapse for Britain's biggest mosque in London

    whether or not the tablighee jama'ah make us feel good is irrelevant. Your reacting on emotion and intellect. Even the hindus organise food and sit and have fun. This doesn't mean they are upon khair. The things being taught have to be correct in order for any dawah movement to be beneficial for the ummah. Why do you think the ottomans fell. Because of their dodgey state sufism and deviance.

    If an area has very few muslims then this masjid would have been good as it would essentially be expanding into new territory, obviously we look to expand over the uk as much as possible and if u build a new masjid people will move their and another 'ethnic ghetto' is created for us reverts to move to :-)

    the tablighee jama'ah are also quite good at educating backwards hindis about their religion and tackling the barelwi tactic of praying on the illiterate. So I support tablighee dawah in an area full of barelwis too.

    But an ethnic area full of shia, sufi, barelwi, deobandi etc then the only thing needed is a salafi masjid or failing that an ahlul hadith masjid. Because ultimately it is correct deen that will make the ummah strong.

    Sufis who sing and dance can be as friendly and passionate about the deen as they wish, they are still unbenefivial for the ummah and I would not support them.

    We are in agreement that tablighee jama'ah are good for curry though. I've sat with them before, I enjoyed their company and they gave me a thobe and was very nice so they appealed to my hawa (desires) but they were teaching that's its ok to put qur'an round ur neck to protect you from evil and other things too which are displeasing to allah swt and were baatil which is more of an issue than their pleasant company. Nontheless I am currently studyIng different sects to understand the ummah better and inshallah I intend to go on jama'ah in order to better understand the tablighees and understand their arguements and to be sure whatever sect I choose is the correct one. I've even been to see the shia on ashura and I'm planning to visit barewli and qadiyani inshallah and study them and know then well in order to understand the state that the ummah is in.

    I'm pretty sure athari aqeedah is the haqh though so ill only supprt this dawah financially, verbally with dawah etc.

    I'm planning to visit this proposed super masjid this week inahallah to see the situation there

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    11,415

    Default Re: Plans collapse for Britain's biggest mosque in London

    Quote Originally Posted by Scented Blood View Post
    Still a nice place with nice brothers.
    Agreed...

  3. #13
    Senior Member Logic lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,257

    Default Re: Plans collapse for Britain's biggest mosque in London

    Quote Originally Posted by goliathvsdavid View Post
    Why do you think the ottomans fell. Because of their dodgey state sufism and deviance.



    But an ethnic area full of shia, sufi, barelwi, deobandi etc then the only thing needed is a salafi masjid or failing that an ahlul hadith masjid. Because ultimately it is correct deen that will make the ummah strong.

    Sufis who sing and dance can be as friendly and passionate about the deen as they wish, they are still unbenefivial for the ummah and I would not support them.


    I'm planning to visit this proposed super masjid this week inahallah to see the situation there
    We have come to know of the Ahlul Hadith Masjid Tawhid in Leyton and their 'Imam' the secularist Osama Hasan. What does it say about praying behind an apostate in a Masjid with 'correct aqeedah'?
    Do they not then consider the Quran carefully? Had it been from other than Allah, they would surely have found therein much contradictions (Quran 4:82)

    'Ibn Taymiyyah Against the Logicians' p. 114:
    'What truth there lies in logic can be known without the logicians'

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    755

    Default Re: Plans collapse for Britain's biggest mosque in London

    Quote Originally Posted by Logic lover View Post
    We have come to know of the Ahlul Hadith Masjid Tawhid in Leyton and their 'Imam' the secularist Osama Hasan. What does it say about praying behind an apostate in a Masjid with 'correct aqeedah'?
    How can you have an apostate with correct aqeedah, that's a contradiction in terms.

    I don't know of this individual or what his supposed kufr is so I can't comment. All I know is that athari aqeedah is the most important thing to spread at the moment

  5. #15
    Senior Member Logic lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,257

    Default Re: Plans collapse for Britain's biggest mosque in London

    Quote Originally Posted by goliathvsdavid View Post
    How can you have an apostate with correct aqeedah, that's a contradiction in terms.

    I don't know of this individual or what his supposed kufr is so I can't comment. All I know is that athari aqeedah is the most important thing to spread at the moment
    If you did not know, Usama Hasan - the son of Sheikh Hasan is a part-time Imam in that 'Salafi' Masjid. He is being allowed to lead prayers there despite his father issuing a fatwa against the secularist organisation 'Quilliam Foundation' of which his son is an advisor. Usama Hasan himself is a self-confessed person who does not think hijab is obligatory and that Islamic law must not be part of running a state.
    Do they not then consider the Quran carefully? Had it been from other than Allah, they would surely have found therein much contradictions (Quran 4:82)

    'Ibn Taymiyyah Against the Logicians' p. 114:
    'What truth there lies in logic can be known without the logicians'

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    755

    Default Re: Plans collapse for Britain's biggest mosque in London

    then this masjid you speak of is not salafi and they do not have correct aqeedah.

    perhaps you are refferring to jamiah ahlul hadith in the subcontinent. They appear to have a presence in the uk.

    I was unaware of their link with quillam foundation. This organisation is known for its heresy. if what you say is true, this zindeeq commits kufr akbar and I would not pray behind him. If I was a scholar of the islamic state I would put a fatwa on his head.

    Green lane in birmingHam has links with this also. I thought you brothers defended green lane from refutation

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    11,415

    Default Re: Plans collapse for Britain's biggest mosque in London

    Quote Originally Posted by goliathvsdavid View Post
    then this masjid you speak of is not salafi and they do not have correct aqeedah.
    Actually Sh.Suhaib Hassan is a former student of Ibn Baz(r) who also funded the masjid,they are salafi in aqeedah and most folks accept it,whats hard to accept is the many contradictions among the group and I say that as in all inclusive of Spubs,Green lane,Jimas,etc,etc...

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    755

    Default Re: Plans collapse for Britain's biggest mosque in London

    what contradictions? Spubs and greenlane are two different opposing masajid.

    If I can learn from either of those masajid then where the hell am I spose to learn my deen to given that I eont have anything to do wit barelwi, ahmadiyah, deobandi etc

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    11,415

    Default Re: Plans collapse for Britain's biggest mosque in London

    Quote Originally Posted by goliathvsdavid View Post
    what contradictions? Spubs and greenlane are two different opposing masajid.
    that was my point i.e the infighting salafi gulag,its kinda of never ending,me fears...

  10. #20
    Senior Member Logic lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,257

    Default Re: Plans collapse for Britain's biggest mosque in London

    Quote Originally Posted by goliathvsdavid View Post
    what contradictions? Spubs and greenlane are two different opposing masajid.

    If I can learn from either of those masajid then where the hell am I spose to learn my deen to given that I eont have anything to do wit barelwi, ahmadiyah, deobandi etc
    No Muslim learns his deen from a place associated with 'hell'. Such expression shows an element of frustration on your part and is not suited for a Muslim. My advise to you is not to be too concerned about following this particular group mentality. Instead, learn your Islam from classical books (some of which have been translated into English)if you do not trust a scholar living around you.
    Do they not then consider the Quran carefully? Had it been from other than Allah, they would surely have found therein much contradictions (Quran 4:82)

    'Ibn Taymiyyah Against the Logicians' p. 114:
    'What truth there lies in logic can be known without the logicians'

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 5th November 2010, 03:10 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 3rd January 2009, 06:09 AM
  3. Mega Mosque London 2010
    By Abu Bakr as-Somali in forum Global Affairs
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 6th October 2008, 06:00 AM
  4. The Obligation to support the proposed new mosque in East London
    By Yasir in forum Identity, Activism and Unity
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 24th February 2008, 04:11 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 16th May 2007, 04:36 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41