Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Urgent- Calling all muslims to East London today!!!

This is a discussion on Urgent- Calling all muslims to East London today!!! within the Global Affairs forums, part of the Main Topics category; Originally Posted by Logic lover Yes, it is highly likely that they will want to use such incident (if it ...

Default Re: Urgent- Calling all muslims to East London today!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Logic lover View Post
    Yes, it is highly likely that they will want to use such incident (if it really happened) to attack Islam and Muslims. This was not hikmah in the macro environment and it is against the law of the land.

The question remains, how would the Islamic state deal with the organisers who apparently support making mockery of Muhammad (saws)?
    Oh my dear brother, please. Are you telling me you do everything by the book and follow every single law of the land ? Have you never broken the law - Whether it's the smallest thing you can think of like driving a car down the road without insurance for 2 minutes ... Which is also illegal!

Also, these same people will attack Islam and Muslims regardless of how good or bad we are. Tell me bro, did anyone provoke the UCL kuffar when they posted them images on the internet ? No, it was did out of the blue for no reason except to show their hatred.

Having said all this akhee, yes I agree we should always use hikmah. But my point is I would not jump on brothers who did what the brother mentioned in post no.11 ... If some other brothers do not wish to go there or do things like that, then fair enough. That is fine and you shouldn't be attacked for it. But please, don't attack brothers who wish to put in some sacrifice. End of the day, if he does it solely for the sake of Allah then it maybe accepted Inshallah and be a means of great reward in the hereafter. That is something we all accept.

Wallahu alam
    Last edited by Ibn Khattab; 17th January 2012 at 11:31 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ibn Khattab For This Useful Post:
    muslima12 (23rd January 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Logic lover View Post
    The album will not have enough space and there is no house to accommodate the album.
    Indeed,add to that wasn't there a case of some brothers who did keep pictures and info on people,one of their targets was a soldier,not that they ever intended him any harm.From what I remember those brothers are now in jail here in the UK,convicted on Terrorism..So the person/brother who just went in and photographed then threatend these people could easily be up on a terrorist conviction,such is the many ways of the terrorism bill..

Quote Originally Posted by Riaz77 View Post
    It's quite an effective strategy that I have used before.
    Thats just bringing heat on yourself not to mention you just admitted to placing yourself in a situation where people were in fear of you,threatened by you etc..

You may not have done either or even intended that,but your words can easily be used against you by The CPS..

The list of those imprisoned is way to long,don't add yourself to it..

wa salamolaikom wr wb..
    Last edited by abuhannah; 17th January 2012 at 11:29 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to abuhannah For This Useful Post:
    cBox (17th January 2012)

Peculiarly Ostrobogulous Expergefactionist's Avatar
    Follow Expergefactionist On Twitter Add Expergefactionist on Facebook Add Expergefactionist on Google+

Quote Originally Posted by LionofIslam View Post
    how about the cases of the 2poets? There was also the case of the poet who was paid to shut up. Ignoring also works. If you give them publicity they will just become more popular. Or you can have a very strong resistance and every place that the people are you have your campaign too.
    This is the point. Every situation has its own remedy, and in each case, the possible consequences must be taken into account, especially where one's move, albeit sincere, can backfire on Islamic Dawah.

Point in case: Masjid al-Tawhid. It was never my intention to get Usama executed or physically harmed in any way. But the fact that I quoted Ibn Uthaymin's verdict in full, including the execution bit, completely backfired on us, as they seized this opportunity for their own political scoring, and we lost a winning battle, at least in the media. This could have gone even further to foment support for Usama Hasan's Imamship up and down the country, just because of the 'execution' bit, but Allah decided to distract the news media away by causing the Tsanami in Japan.

The point is, the 'execution' bit in the fatwa served as a complete distraction from the real issue, and whereas in the beginning, we were on the offensive, due to that bit, I was isolated, on the defensive, and phone around lawyers for liable issues; complete utter distraction from the real goal and purpose of the campaign.

This is why, the hot-headed brothers need to be controlled in our midst, so that they do not become vigilantes and take actions for which we all face the repercussions, and by that I don't mean our worldly safety, but purely the interest of Islam.
    A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Albert Einstein

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Expergefactionist For This Useful Post:
    abubakr007 (17th January 2012), abuhannah (17th January 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by abuhannah View Post
    Indeed,add to that wasn't there a case of some brothers who did keep pictures and info on people,one of their targets was a soldier,not that they ever intended him any harm.From what I remember those brothers are now in jail here in the UK,convicted on Terrorism..So the person/brother who just went in and photographed then threatend these people could easily be up on a terrorist conviction,such is the many ways of the terrorism bill..
    The Terrorism Act is vague and open to interpretation - in other words, the whims or opinions of the police and the judges - so it can effectively be used to prosecute anybody for anything. IMO I consider this to be a far more serious danger than the EDL but few Muslims appear to have cottoned onto it because it isn't in their face like the EDL is.

The right to discuss whether Sharia contradicts human rights is a human right. The right to discuss politics without death-threats is a human right. I'd say the masked man made a pretty strong argument in support of the motion (if it happened as described).

As I feel very strongly about human rights and democracy, is it ok for me to barge into any pro-Sharia conference and start making threats? Of course not. You complain about the double-standards that work against you, then seem happy to accept such behaviour that works the other way.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pro-Human For This Useful Post:
    Expergefactionist (17th January 2012), Hamza Patterson (1st February 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Riaz77 View Post
    The Terrorism Act is vague and open to interpretation - in other words, the whims or opinions of the police and the judges - so it can effectively be used to prosecute anybody for anything. IMO I consider this to be a far more serious danger than the EDL but few Muslims appear to have cottoned onto it because it isn't in their face like the EDL is.
    oh no we actually agree on something for a change..

Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Human View Post
    You complain about the double-standards that work against you, then seem happy to accept such behavior that works the other way.
    Really,did we all just say that in tandem?So AZ's posts just flew on by there,did they?

My posts didn't warn against such things in no way either?..

I say go spec savers,2 for 1 and all that..

Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Human View Post
    You complain about the double-standards that work against you.
    fair play,at least you acknowledge that..most times we think its only us that notice..
    Last edited by abuhannah; 17th January 2012 at 02:00 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abuhannah For This Useful Post:
    abubakr007 (17th January 2012), C.i.B. (19th January 2012)

Sorry AbuHannah and Expergefactionist (Abu Zubair?), the post was aimed at those demanding such action be taken and lauding it afterwards.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Pro-Human For This Useful Post:
    Hamza Patterson (1st February 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by abuhannah View Post

The list of those imprisoned is way to long,don't add yourself to it..

wa salamolaikom wr wb..
    Bro, am sure you agree that ANYONE is a target for the authorities. Even if you are sitting at home all day or just working 9-5 and not doing anything ''dodgy'', there is still a real possibility you could be their next 'target'.

Yes, many brothers in jail have tried to or did do some sacrifice but there are some who did nothing at all but Qadr Allah are being tested with Prison.

The recent 'milestones case' was another example of how you can get done for pretty much anything and everything under ''terrorism laws''. If you're Muslim, that is enough for them.

So my point is we shouldn't get too comfy, thinking if I do or try to do something for the deen then I will be imprisoned. If I don't then I will be safe and secure. That really isn't the case.

PS: My post isn't aimed at you akhee, it's more general.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ibn Khattab For This Useful Post:
    abubakr007 (17th January 2012), abuhannah (17th January 2012), cBox (17th January 2012), muslima12 (23rd January 2012)

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast