Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

US Muslims and East Coast Power Cuts

This is a discussion on US Muslims and East Coast Power Cuts within the Politics, Jihad and Current Affairs forums, part of the Main Topics category; BBC News - US storm-hit millions lack electricity amid heatwave For those Americans who are against their countries unjust foreign ...

Default US Muslims and East Coast Power Cuts

BBC News - US storm-hit millions lack electricity amid heatwave

For those Americans who are against their countries unjust foreign policy, you have my sympathy.

For those who are not - including the many Muslims who I see tweeting 'may Allah bring back our blessing' type tweets - I have none. Sorry, but that is just the way it is.

Where were you guys when your army bombed power stations and sewage plants in Iraq and Afghanistan, leaving the populations there in utter misery?

What goes around, comes around. If you want your blessings back and be permanent, please start speaking out about the injustices of your own government.
    The Hawaalian Alliance
    Faith - Insight - Progress

:
    Do the Deed of Heroes: Seek Rizq from Halal
    -Sufyan al-Thawri

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wild Wild West For This Useful Post:
    Abu'l 'Eyse (3rd July 2012), AbuMubarak (4th July 2012), Ismail Ibrahim (3rd July 2012), Layth (2nd July 2012), Salih Al-Bosni (3rd July 2012), Umm DJ-N (3rd July 2012), walid (3rd July 2012)

Default Re: US Muslims and East Coast Power Cuts

Salaam Alaikum

You have a good point brother- if our American brothers and sisters do not speak out against their governments injustices, they cannot expect the same blessings as those who do. Inshallah more of them will stand up for the rights of our Ummah everywhere, and not sit silently like cowards waiting for Allah swt to help them.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IbnJ For This Useful Post:
    Abu'l 'Eyse (3rd July 2012), AbuMubarak (4th July 2012), Salih Al-Bosni (3rd July 2012), walid (3rd July 2012), Wild Wild West (2nd July 2012)

✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿

it's rare to ever see a Muslim speak out bravely against the injustices that the US government is responsible for, it's mostly due to lack of practicing muslims who are aware of the situation of ummah is another reason, but the main reason is FEAR of consequences that come with speaking haqq, that can very easily get you into jail here these days, the American muslim has no security or rights ultimately, thus most will either not get involved in standing up for their fellow brothers and sisters, and others will just condemn actions of standing up against the kuffar as "unislamic".

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wurood For This Useful Post:
    'Umar (4th July 2012), Abu'l 'Eyse (3rd July 2012), AbuMubarak (4th July 2012), Riaz77 (2nd July 2012), Salih Al-Bosni (3rd July 2012), UmmAyaah (2nd July 2012), walid (3rd July 2012)

Asallam alaykum, there are too many in the west that are sitting and doing nothing, enjoying the comforts that the kuffar provide that appeases them....many are not taking into account that their brothers and sisters in the Ummah are doing without these same comforts because the kuffar are systematically taking them away..B

Although I see what you guys are saying, I feel slightly offended....

brother WWW, you asked where was I? It's almost as if you are taking a hot branding iron to my flesh and reminding me of my past sins before I reverted...actually it was that very oppression that opened my eyes!!!!

And brother IbnJ, many are sitting quietly because to speak out gives you a one way ticket to Guantanamo! We cannot be heard from the kuffar prisons....and really if we do "speak out", those that make the decisions wil not pay any attention to us at all....so, brother, would you say that I am a coward?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mahmud87 For This Useful Post:
    abdullahjan547 (12th July 2012), walid (3rd July 2012)

Sis bint-al-jaidi,

i've seen instances of both of these situations. its a tense situation here and most muslims don't see it as such. they go about living their lives as if the American government is going to protect them. and we all know better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bint al-Jaidi View Post
    it's rare to ever see a Muslim speak out bravely against the injustices that the US government is responsible for, it's mostly due to lack of practicing muslims who are aware of the situation of ummah is another reason, but the main reason is FEAR of consequences that come with speaking haqq, that can very easily get you into jail here these days, the American muslim has no security or rights ultimately, thus most will either not get involved in standing up for their fellow brothers and sisters, and others will just condemn actions of standing up against the kuffar as "unislamic".
    There are moments when, whatever the posture of the body, the soul is on its knees.
    The most beautiful souls are the souls that smile regardless of their struggle.
    At the end, we will remember not the words and torture of our enemies, but the silence and betrayal of our friends.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to UmmAyaah For This Useful Post:
    Wild Wild West (6th July 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by UmmAyaah View Post
    Sis bint-al-jaidi, i've seen instances of both of these situations. its a tense situation here and most muslims don't see it as such. they go about living their lives as if the American government is going to protect them. and we all know better than that.
    yea sis I live here too, so I'm saying what I noticed so far, subhan Allah I don't know if the muslims here are just naive or just avoiding the reality their state, it's getting worse and worse each year, with imams and speakers diluting Islamic fundamentals for fear of being labeled radicals. Doesn't it feel like most muslims here have sold their aqhirah for the dunya? I don't mean to sound judgemental of them or pessimistic, but it is real issue for the muslims in America if one observes carefully.

The best thing for Muslims in America to do is remain silent and take care of their families. There is no harm in activism but as long as it's not even close to being illegal. As far as the heat is concerned, I live in a city which sees 100+ F temps with extreme humidity from July-September. We've even seen some 100 degree days in June so I'm not looking forward to the next few months. Alhumdulilah, we have had no power outages where I live but we are very prone to getting hit by Hurricanes which could leave us without power for weeks.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to striving4akhirah For This Useful Post:
    wurood (2nd July 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by striving4akhirah View Post
    The best thing for Muslims in America to do is remain silent and take care of their families. There is no harm in activism but as long as it's not even close to being illegal. As far as the heat is concerned, I live in a city which sees 100+ F temps with extreme humidity from July-September. We've even seen some 100 degree days in June so I'm not looking forward to the next few months. Alhumdulilah, we have had no power outages where I live but we are very prone to getting hit by Hurricanes which could leave us without power for weeks.
    yes you are right brother, we just need to stay silent and take care of oyr families, because speaking out is too dangerous anymore. But atleast muslims can acknowledge and condemn the injustices in their hearts. Also become better muslims by learning their deen instead of following the ways of the kuffar in everyday life.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to wurood For This Useful Post:
    striving4akhirah (2nd July 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Bint al-Jaidi View Post
    yes you are right brother, we just need to stay silent and take care of oyr families, because speaking out is too dangerous anymore. But atleast muslims can acknowledge and condemn the injustices in their hearts. Also become better muslims by learning their deen instead of following the ways of the kuffar in everyday life.
    I completely agree. Muslims should always acknowledge and condemn injustice no matter who the perpetrator is. Despite all the vices in society it is still somewhat possible to avoid them and raise your family upon the correct understanding of the religion. Alhumdulilah, we still have some Imaams who understand this and have built strong communities here in America. They might not be vocal supporters of the Mujahideen or even conform to our understanding completely but what is truly important is for them to propagate the correct fundamentals of the religion as understood by Ahlil Sunnah.

Among the Muslim masses, enjoying their care with Allah's Blessings

Quote Originally Posted by striving4akhirah View Post
    ... There is no harm in activism but as long as it's not even close to being illegal.
    I understand what you mean, but Islamic activism aside, most of the American Civil Rights activists back in the 60's/70's faced legal & non-legal repercussions due to their non-violent protests (MLK, Rosa Parks, etc.):

- Pelted by eggs for asking for an end to segregation
    - Sprayed by fire hoses for asking for equal rights
    - Hunted by police dogs for protesting discrimination (e.g. Chicago)

Even in the present day, many forms of peaceful activism are met with legal repercussions. I saw this myself when the Boston police flooded the streets with mass arrests and random beatings in order to clean up Occupy Boston.

Better safe than sorry ... but we shouldn't let caution prevent us from doing what's right in an intelligent and collected manner. Using logic & forethought doesn't hurt either.

Hope you manage to stay cool this summer
    ::: BOSTONIA ISLAMICA :::
    Multi famam, conscientiam pauci verentur
    [Many fear their reputation, few their conscience]

WWW.FREETAREK.COM
    Our archive coverage can be found here

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ibn Zawaar For This Useful Post:
    striving4akhirah (2nd July 2012)

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast