Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Abdullah Faisal

This is a discussion on Abdullah Faisal within the Islam in General forums, part of the Main Topics category; Assalamu 'alaikum What do you guys think of Br. Abdullah Faisal? Also, does anyone know if he got out or ...

Default Abdullah Faisal

Assalamu 'alaikum

What do you guys think of Br. Abdullah Faisal?

Also, does anyone know if he got out or not yet?
    DISCLAIMER: Before you read any of my posts or accept any of my arguments, keep in mind that the above has been posted by a layman who, in most cases, would have been better off keeping silent.
    ~~~

ۖ
    And [all] faces will be humbled before the Ever-Living, the Sustainer of existence.
    And he who carries injustice will have failed.
    [20:111]

Muslim Female
    Umm

He's a Muslim brother.
    I think he was over-rated by a lot of people, and wouldn't take him as a sheikh, but of course we made du'a for him when he was imprisoned. I know there is one of my husband's friends years ago who Faisal called a kaafir becasue he confirmed that they is "salafi". Yet these ones are not the hardcore SPs. To his face Faisal said "Are you a salafi? Well I can't give you salaam then because you're a kaafir."

I personally think it was a bit of a lame excuse to say the Qur'an was on trial, even if Faisal felt his views were loosely based on Qur'anic ayaat.
    Islaam doesn't tell us to go into India and kill any non-combatant (dell call-centre!) man or woman walking down the street. This isn't the same as waging jihaad on the terrorist indian army in occupied Kashmir.

I have even read postings by some of his boys years ago saying that in the UK you can kill anyone, just because they are a kaafir and there is reward in that. Just like killing an ant.

However, we Muslims should not be like the SPs who gloated over his arrest. It is the height of hypocrisy that people like the Nick Grifith get off the hook and his followers are found with explosives, yet the BBC never uses the words "terror" or "terrorists" to describe them. We should be united. I would still prefer Fasial to SP anyday. At least his goal isn't to divide the ummah and hand over Muslims to the kuffar.
    "There is accountability in blood and money."
    Shaheed Sheikh Anwar al Awlaqi rahimahullah

Muslim Female
    Umm

I heard that he is up for release insha'Allah soon.
    You do have to give credit though that he didn't back down and deny his views. He rightly said that the media had twisted things. The kuffar will always have a hatred for the message in the qur'an. I just think that a da'ee should have shown a bit more hikmah when referring to the verses regarding the jews being the descendents of pigs and monkeys etc in talks.
    Last edited by Umm; 17th February 2007 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Umm View Post
    I know there is one of my husband's friends years ago who Faisal called a kaafir becasue he confirmed that they is "salafi". Yet these ones are not the hardcore SPs. To his face Faisal said "Are you a salafi? Well I can't give you salaam then because you're a kaafir."
    Subhan Allah, why would calling yourself a salafi entail kufr? How did he explain this? I dont know this brother, only heard a few lectures long ago. May Allah free all muslims from kafir and munafiq prisons.
    Wallahu Allam!

Muslim Female
    Umm

I think it was because Faisal would say Fahd was a kaafir. I would agree with that myself now, but this was going back years when we all thought he was a Muslim. The main issue was over Ibn Baz being called a kaafir over the Gulf War fatwa.

At the end of the day, I don't agree with all of brother Faisal's views, but I agree with a lot of them. He is our brother in Islaam, and he was unjustly imprisoned. But that is what you get when the kuffaar are still deceiving Muslims into believing that Muslims in the UK have the same rights as everyone else.

Why did Downing Street get so touchy when one of the Birmingham brothers, upon release, described the UK as a police state for Muslims? Becasue it hit a raw nerve. The truth hurts.

With brother Faisal, it was old talks that they convicted him on, as well as verses of Qur'aan, from what I read. It is a blatent lie, that anyone quoting the Bible wold have had the same sentence, as the prosecution alledged. And the Bible is very racist against non-gentiles.

We need to wake up and understand that filth is fine, but the truth is not, to the British policy makers. Freedom of speech does not extend to us.

Look at the contrast between Abu Hamza's trial and the BNP one last year. Why was Abu Hamza convicted and not them? Becasue the British public prefer Nick Griffith to Abu Hamza, as he is a white supremacist. Not all of the public, but most of them.

TAFKA BM

Abdullah al-Fasial is\was a very extreme person and an outright takfiri extremist. Note: I'm not trying to justify his imprisonment, but he didn't help his situation with his calling for the general killing of "kaafirs". He was one of these people that attracted controversy, and hence gained an audience.

Peculiarly Ostrobogulous Expergefactionist's Avatar
    Follow Expergefactionist On Twitter Add Expergefactionist on Facebook Add Expergefactionist on Google+

I must say though... I feel EXTREMELY uneasy speaking about these brothers, however wrong they may be, when they go through a trial.

But I feel I am forced to speak when the extremism THEY were responsible for spreading goes out of hand and not only that the youngsters have embraced their crooked understanding but many have gone 10 steps further, while their real mentors remain behind bars, thus unable to control them. It is a very uncomfortable position to be in, and if it wasn't for the preservation of Sharia alone, I would rather not speak ill of anyone who is going through trials.
    A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Albert Einstein

TAFKA BM

Quote Originally Posted by Abuz Zubair View Post
    I must say though... I feel EXTREMELY uneasy speaking about these brothers, however wrong they may be, when they go through a trial.

But I feel I am forced to speak when the extremism THEY were responsible for spreading goes out of hand and not only that the youngsters have embraced their crooked understanding but many have gone 10 steps further, while their real mentors remain behind bars, thus unable to control them. It is a very uncomfortable position to be in, and if it wasn't for the preservation of Sharia alone, I would rather not speak ill of anyone who is going through trials.
    I agree, but there are still many youth circulating his lectures and talks.

I think most people know that Abdullah Faisal has changed some of his more extreme views and inshaAllah will need to clarify his position when he comes out.

We shouldnt throw the baby out with the bath water Abdullah Faisal has many good points and has produced some very good lectures,so I guess its a case of leave the bad and take the good.

As far as Im concerned we need people like Abdullah Faisal who speak out and make things clear in no uncertain terms.

wasalam
    And say not concerning that which your tongues put forth falsely: This is lawful and this is forbidden, so as to invent lies against Allaah. Verily, those who invent lies against Allaah will never prosper. [al-Nahl 16:116].

Syed Qutb (ra) when asked to seek pardon from nasser said
    Verily the index finger that testifies to the oneness of Allah in prayer utterly rejects to write even one letter that endorses the rule of the tyrant

on a few occasions he would state that 95% of the muslims were kafir! but within its context perhaps he meant if someone does such and such then it is kufr and apparently most muslims may or may not to engaged in such and such.

ocassionally he makes the odd remark about women and their endless chatter in the backgorund and late comers to his talks get a crack of the whip that are quite comical but wholly unecassary.

his alleged 'takfeeri' tendencies prompted a refutation or advice from abu hamza whos article appeared on the SOS website that is dedicated to him. it was probably in reply to his accusation that they would not disassociate themselves completely from madkhalis and other undesirables.

his main opponents in the UK were madkhalis who rejoiced at his incarceration. on the whole he spoke on a wide variety of benign topics despite bieng labelled as a 'jihadist' and found 'guilty' due to the hysteria and government meddling in the judiciary that followed 9/11.
    Last edited by gag order; 18th February 2007 at 11:20 AM.

Zionism is to the Palestinian what Nazism was to the Jews

*lifting the gag on legitimate debate*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast