Ali Tamimi

This is a discussion on Ali Tamimi within the Islam in General forums, part of the Main Topics category; Came across this article regarding Sheikh Ali, by Milton Viorst in Atlantic Monthly Magazine, published in June 2006. Viorst's son ...

Default Ali Tamimi

Came across this article regarding Sheikh Ali, by Milton Viorst in Atlantic Monthly Magazine, published in June 2006. Viorst's son went to high school with Sheikh Ali.
    I am not sure if there is another thread containing this article. But just thought that we all can benifit from knowing more about this personality.

Hope muslims in US realize what a person we have lost, so we can work together to get him released bi iznillah.
    Attached Files Attached Files

2C oursels as ithers C us Umm Ahmed's Avatar

He is a loss to every english speaking muslim who love and benefit from his lectures.

May Allaah ease his situation ameen.

There has been a summer campaign for him , you can read more at the following link.
    http://www.cageprisoners.com/campaigns.php?id=542
    And this is a site dedicated to the Shaykh.
    http://www.freeali.org/
    Deeds are your money on the day of judgement , make sure you collect plenty now.

Say (O Muhammad SAW):"I am not a new thing among the Messengers (of All‚h) (i.e. I am not the first Messenger) nor do I know what will be done with me or with you. I only follow that which is revealed to me, and I am but a plain warner." (Al-Ahqaf 46:9)

Ali Tamimi's final talk before his imprisonment

Some words from Ali Tamimi:

2C oursels as ithers C us Umm Ahmed's Avatar

Anything new about his case or his conditions?
    Deeds are your money on the day of judgement , make sure you collect plenty now.

Say (O Muhammad SAW):"I am not a new thing among the Messengers (of All‚h) (i.e. I am not the first Messenger) nor do I know what will be done with me or with you. I only follow that which is revealed to me, and I am but a plain warner." (Al-Ahqaf 46:9)

kalimat al-ikhlaas Umm Waraqa Bluebell's Avatar

Jazakallah khair green for the video. He's such an inspirational character mashallah.

In Pursuit of Virtue Abu Mus'ab al-Maldifi's Avatar

Default Re: Ali Tamimi

Said Rageah, Abdur-Raheem McCarthy and Kamel el-Mekki having a nice discussion about studying with various shuyookh and sharing some lovely gems about sh. Ja'far Idris and Dr. Ali al-Timimi.

source Free Ali al-Timimi | Facebook
    The law of Allah should not be voted over. To give the people the choice whether to apply Sharia or not reflects a fundamental problem in the understanding of Tawhid. - Imam Anwar Awlaki

May Allah hasten his release. Ameen

In Pursuit of Virtue Abu Mus'ab al-Maldifi's Avatar

Sh. Ali (left) pictured with his high school friend, Nick Viorst (centre). Taken from Georgetown Day's high school yearbook of 1977.

Sh. Ali al-Timimi, 1976

Free Ali al-Timimi | Facebook
    The law of Allah should not be voted over. To give the people the choice whether to apply Sharia or not reflects a fundamental problem in the understanding of Tawhid. - Imam Anwar Awlaki