Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Diary of a Badman - Muhammad Abdul Jabbar

This is a discussion on Diary of a Badman - Muhammad Abdul Jabbar within the Islam in General forums, part of the Main Topics category; ...

Formerly '1UmmahTv' ContemplateQuran's Avatar
    Add ContemplateQuran on Facebook

Default Diary of a Badman - Muhammad Abdul Jabbar

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ContemplateQuran For This Useful Post:
    cBox (31st January 2012), maaqib (31st January 2012), Musaafira (31st January 2012), surat_an_nisa_74_100 (1st February 2012)

Banned

Default Re: Diary of a Badman - Muhammad Abdul Jabbar

I still don't understand how that kid gets so many views. Disregard what he does, how can people stand that voice for more than 2 seconds?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cBox For This Useful Post:
    C.i.B. (31st January 2012), ContemplateQuran (31st January 2012), surat_an_nisa_74_100 (1st February 2012)

SubhanAllah..
    Ali ibn Abi Talib once said ''Do not take someones silence as his pride, perhaps he is busy fighting with his self''

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Striving4Sunnah For This Useful Post:
    surat_an_nisa_74_100 (1st February 2012)

Peculiarly Ostrobogulous Expergefactionist's Avatar
    Follow Expergefactionist On Twitter Add Expergefactionist on Facebook Add Expergefactionist on Google+

Who is Muhammad Abdul Jabbar?

I also believe 'Diary of a Badman' tends to have more Haram than Halal, and far too often it clearly violates the Sharia. The brother is not as practicing as many people, and hence, the violations. However, he is not an evil incarnate, a disbeliever, etc such that he should be treated as such. He does try to slip Islamic messages towards the end of his videos, and remember also that he also stood up for Babar. This is how most people are like, they have virtues, but they also sin. There is a positive side to them as well as negative, and attacking him in this manner is unjust and counter-productive. Criticise by all means, but the message in the video was a lot more than criticism, or should I say, implicit charge of kufr.

How does he exactly mock the religion, hijab or a niqab? I would be interested to know, because that is the implicit charge of kufr I am referring to.

Lastly, the brother is doing what I believe is desperately needed by our community to diversify the ways of dawah. The scholars, students and preachers, as always, are too quick to condemn but never care to mention alternatives, or advice on how people can halalify whatever they are doing.

If he were to say, 'A, B, C is a good project, but the brother must avoid such and such munkarat', I think it would have been a valuable advice. But just shouting at the top of your voice, condemning an entertainer, or his audience who frankly find his skits more interesting than your 45 minutes boring lecture, is bound to fail just like the fatwas of al-Lajna against Tash Ma Tash and other programs.

Entertainment is as much a cultural need today as poetry, and at least some scholars should be taking the lead on it and defining the limits for Muslim artists rather than condemning the whole thing.
    A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Albert Einstein

8. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Expergefactionist For This Useful Post:
    *Jannah (29th April 2012), Aboo Muhammad (31st January 2012), Abu Ibraaheem (31st January 2012), Abu'Aaminah (31st January 2012), AbuSulaiman (31st January 2012), as-Sabiraat (31st January 2012), C.i.B. (31st January 2012), cBox (31st January 2012), Hamza Patterson (31st January 2012), Ibn Adam (1st February 2012), Layth (31st January 2012), Nusaybah (31st January 2012), Wild Wild West (1st February 2012)

That audio clip was one epic rant and I find it difficult to understand what kind of person would enjoy such a thing.

And to make it worse, it's got a nasheed playing in the background. What is it with Muslim audio productions? Is there some new principle of dawah that makes it mandatory to have some nasheed artist crooning 'aaah-aaaah---aaaaaa' in the background? Either that or it must start to the sound of multiple cracks of thunder.

I wish I had the time to team up with WWW and produce a Ricky Gervais Extras style commentary on Muslim issues.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AbuSulaiman For This Useful Post:
    Abdul Malik (23rd April 2012), Expergefactionist (31st January 2012), Wild Wild West (1st February 2012)

tbh I never watched one of his videos..

12. The Following User Says Thank You to abuhannah For This Useful Post:
    ContemplateQuran (31st January 2012)

http://www.youtube.com/user/Dairyofa...18/qmrIxftez9Q

Although the end message is beautiful I dont think this makes up for all the evil that precedes it..
    Last edited by Striving4Sunnah; 31st January 2012 at 08:44 PM.
    Ali ibn Abi Talib once said ''Do not take someones silence as his pride, perhaps he is busy fighting with his self''

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Striving4Sunnah For This Useful Post:
    Expergefactionist (31st January 2012)

I would never consider an islamic lecture where the name of Allah and his messager are mentioned to be as you put it 'your 45 minutes boring lecture'

As for your statment...How does he exactly mock the religion, hijab or a niqab? I would be interested to know, because that is the implicit charge of kufr I am referring to.

He calls his mum who is wearing black niqab and jilbab.... Get ready for it... Darth Vader

There are sooo many. I remember when i watched his vid thinking, No muslim would ever see khir in this kufr...

He mocks Allah and the deen so many times.. i have erased so many of the things he said.. about the beard etc..

and his justifaction for all this kufr.. A hidth at the end of his vid. Aothubillah

and remember also that he also stood up for Babar

he only jumped on the band wagon once everone else did.

I hold strongly this indervidual needs to be warned agaist. How many muslims watch this man while he mocks at the deen laffin there heads of

I could say alot more, but khalaas. I just wanted to put my view across. Please dont take offence to anything i have said aki.
    Last edited by ContemplateQuran; 31st January 2012 at 08:47 PM.
    Tafsir Blog: ContemplateQuran

Face Book: ContemplateQuran

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ContemplateQuran For This Useful Post:
    muslima12 (17th April 2012), surat_an_nisa_74_100 (1st February 2012), ummalkhayr (31st January 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by AbuSulaiman View Post

And to make it worse, it's got a nasheed playing in the background. What is it with Muslim audio productions? Is there some new principle of dawah that makes it mandatory to have some nasheed artist crooning 'aaah-aaaah---aaaaaa' in the background? Either that or it must start to the sound of multiple cracks of thunder.
    loooooooooooool yes i agree with you there aki

Quote Originally Posted by AbuSulaiman View Post
    That audio clip was one epic rant
    Just a reminder, the WHOLE lecture wasnt based on 'Diary of a Badman'

Some1 has taken these 3 mins and made it into a vid.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast