Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

From sunni to shia or shia to sunni

This is a discussion on From sunni to shia or shia to sunni within the Islam in General forums, part of the Main Topics category; How usual is it for muslims to convert from one "sect" to an other? and what is more usual from ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3

    Default From sunni to shia or shia to sunni

    How usual is it for muslims to convert from one "sect" to an other? and what is more usual from shia to sunni or sunni to shia,,what do you think? i read on a shia site there are many sunni aleems who have converted to shiaism,,they claim many sunnis convert to the shia faith

  2. #2
    Ahl at-Tawheed Salahadeen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dar ad-Dawah
    Posts
    1,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sara87 View Post
    How usual is it for muslims to convert from one "sect" to an other? and what is more usual from shia to sunni or sunni to shia,,what do you think? i read on a shia site there are many sunni aleems who have converted to shiaism,,they claim many sunnis convert to the shia faith
    As-Salam Alaykum.

    Sunnis make up 85-90% of those who call themselves Muslims.

    Shias make up a measly 10%.

    From this, it can be seen that the vast majority of Muslims throughout history have chosen "Sunni Islam" over Shi'ism. So on what basis are these Shias rejoicing? Over the last fourteen hundred years, the Shias NEVER made a majority in any single country! Of course not until Shah Ismail I came to power in Persia and forcibly converted the population to Shi'ism. But had it not been for this forced conversion, Shi'ism would be a minority all over the earth. So on what basis are they rejoicing? If so many people were converting to Shi'ism, then why is it that in fourteen hundred years they are still nothing but a pathetic minority?

    As for these so-called "Sunni aalims" who converted to Shi'ism, most of them were not really Sunnis, but (extremist) Sufis. If such a Sufi converts to Shi'ism, what does it show except that a deviant likes to convert to deviation?

    The true Sunnis, those on the path of the Salafiyyah (what they call "Wahhabis"), almost NEVER convert to Shi'ism. If they say that more Sunnis convert to Shi'ism than the other way around, I say: more Shias convert to "Wahabbiyyah" than "Wahhabis" converting to Shi'ism (which is almost unheard of).

    Fi Aman Allah

    "Victory is changing the hearts of your opponents by gentleness and kindness" -Saladin

  3. #3
    Scaffolding 'Abd al-Kareem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sara87 View Post
    How usual is it for muslims to convert from one "sect" to an other? and what is more usual from shia to sunni or sunni to shia,,what do you think? i read on a shia site there are many sunni aleems who have converted to shiaism,,they claim many sunnis convert to the shia faith
    Sister I would advise you and everyone else to always double- and triple- confirm when you hear anything from shi'a. Nasty liars they are. They flat-out fabricate when they are not exaggerating.

    As for the false claim that many Sunni 'ulemaa` convert to shi'ism, that is a (very bad) joke. Tell them to bring their proof if they are truthful.

    Salahadeen is correct, if an extreme sufi deviant mushrik becomes shi'a it is no major change. They were very close in almost everything that they do anyway.

    But let them bring the name of a single Muslim scholar who became shi'a...
    I'll wait right here.


    Allahu A'lam.
    DISCLAIMER: Before you read any of my posts or accept any of my arguments, keep in mind that the above has been posted by an ignorant layman who, in most cases, would have been better off keeping silent.
    ~~~

    The Prophet (S) said:
    .
    "O Allah, there is no life except the life of the Hereafter!"
    [Bukhari & Muslim]

  4. #4
    Junior Member Bosnian_mujahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    50

    Default

    At least in Bosnia iranians do a lot of missionary working,Bosnia is a traditional sunni hanafi place,,but i dont think its usual for people to become shia,nor is it usual for shias to becomme sunni

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1

    Thumbs up Re: From sunni to shia or shia to sunni

    Quote Originally Posted by Salahadeen View Post
    As-Salam Alaykum.

    Sunnis make up 85-90% of those who call themselves Muslims.

    Shias make up a measly 10%.

    From this, it can be seen that the vast majority of Muslims throughout history have chosen "Sunni Islam" over Shi'ism. So on what basis are these Shias rejoicing? Over the last fourteen hundred years, the Shias NEVER made a majority in any single country! Of course not until Shah Ismail I came to power in Persia and forcibly converted the population to Shi'ism. But had it not been for this forced conversion, Shi'ism would be a minority all over the earth. So on what basis are they rejoicing? If so many people were converting to Shi'ism, then why is it that in fourteen hundred years they are still nothing but a pathetic minority?

    As for these so-called "Sunni aalims" who converted to Shi'ism, most of them were not really Sunnis, but (extremist) Sufis. If such a Sufi converts to Shi'ism, what does it show except that a deviant likes to convert to deviation?

    The true Sunnis, those on the path of the Salafiyyah (what they call "Wahhabis"), almost NEVER convert to Shi'ism. If they say that more Sunnis convert to Shi'ism than the other way around, I say: more Shias convert to "Wahabbiyyah" than "Wahhabis" converting to Shi'ism (which is almost unheard of).

    Fi Aman Allah
    Salam Brother,

    First of all, Shia or Sunni, all are our brothers and sisters. We respect Sunni people and Sunni respect Shia People. I have answered your few question.

    1- As you asked to tell a single country, where there are more majority of Shias then sunni.

    So here it is:

    ======IRAN======= ( It is a country of only Shia peoples )

    ( May be there are more countries. but, i am telling one because you asked for a single country )

    2- If the majority of any Religion or cast is more then others, this doesn't means that they are on right path.

    2.1- At the time of Karbala war, where there was only 72 people with Imam Hussain (as) to fight for right path and at the other side, there were thousands of people against Imam Hussain (as). So this doesn't means that Poeple with Imam Hussain (as) are wrong because they are less in the majority.

    2.2- As you know, these days majority of non-muslims are more then muslims. So, this doesn't means that non muslim are on right path.

    This doesn't means that if majority of any cast or religion is less then others so they are not on right path.

    You tell me a single country where there are only Sunni People?

    Do not think Shia people as your enemy. Think as you brothers and sisters, like we think about Sunni's.

    Allah Hafiz, Mola Waris.

    Regards,
    ShiaFirst
    Collection of Audio Video Nohay
    Last edited by Perfect Shia; 14th November 2010 at 10:22 PM.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    543

    Default Re: From sunni to shia or shia to sunni

    Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Shia View Post
    Salam Brother,

    First of all, Shia or Sunni, all are our brothers and sisters. We respect Sunni people and Sunni respect Shia People. I have answered your few question.

    1- As you asked to tell a single country, where there are more majority of Shias then sunni.

    So here it is:

    ======IRAN======= ( It is a country of only Shia peoples )

    ( May be there are more countries. but, i am telling one because you asked for a single country )

    2- If the majority of any Religion or cast is more then others, this doesn't means that they are on right path.

    2.1- At the time of Karbala war, where there was only 72 people with Imam Hussain (as) to fight for right path and at the other side, there were thousands of people against Imam Hussain (as). So this doesn't means that Poeple with Imam Hussain (as) are wrong because they are less in the majority.

    2.2- As you know, these days majority of non-muslims are more then muslims. So, this doesn't means that non muslim are on right path.

    This doesn't means that if majority of any cast or religion is less then others so they are not on right path.

    You tell me a single country where there are only Sunni People?

    Do not think Shia people as your enemy. Think as you brothers and sisters, like we think about Sunni's.

    Allah Hafiz, Mola Waris.

    Regards,
    ShiaFirst
    Collection of Audio Video Nohay
    I ask the brothers of IA to not insult/attack this person (yet). Whats your opinion on Abu Bakr, Umar and Aa'isha, that will define our 'brotherhood'.

  7. #7
    Please change user title
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,005

    Default Re: From sunni to shia or shia to sunni

    ^ Ok, let me know when.

  8. #8
    Muslim Male
    leo
    leo is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,938

    Default Re: From sunni to shia or shia to sunni

    Quote Originally Posted by General Mahfuz View Post
    I ask the brothers of IA to not insult/attack this person (yet). Whats your opinion on Abu Bakr, Umar and Aa'isha, that will define our 'brotherhood'.
    According to a rafidhi zakir:-

    "Had prophet (pbuh) not announced the wilaya of Ali (RA) at ghadeer, he wouldn't have fulfilled the requirement of prophethood and the message from Allah Almighty would have remained undelivered.

    If this is the status of declaration of wilayah at ghadeer e khum, without which the prophethood of our prophet (pbuh) could have been finsihed, then what can be the status of a moulvi leading only 2 rakah in a prayer."



    I am surprised you are asking a shia to tell us his opinion about the companions and mothers of believers (RA).


    Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah. And those who are with him are severe against disbelievers, and merciful among themselves.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    543

    Default Re: From sunni to shia or shia to sunni

    Quote Originally Posted by leo View Post
    According to a rafidhi zakir:-

    "Had prophet (pbuh) not announced the wilaya of Ali (RA) at ghadeer, he wouldn't have fulfilled the requirement of prophethood and the message from Allah Almighty would have remained undelivered.

    If this is the status of declaration of wilayah at ghadeer e khum, without which the prophethood of our prophet (pbuh) could have been finsihed, then what can be the status of a moulvi leading only 2 rakah in a prayer."



    I am surprised you are asking a shia to tell us his opinion about the companions and mothers of believers (RA).
    Some Shia are Jahil about their religion, besides many Shias became Sunnis after just forum discussions alhamdulillah so who knows.

  10. #10
    muslim female nomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nomads land
    Posts
    2,352

    Default Re: From sunni to shia or shia to sunni

    Iran has a large number of sunni muslims that are pursecuted against and often killed for their beliefs, so to say iran is only shia is not true. Prior to that the largest shia country was Eygpt, during the fatimid dynasty, which was ended by the seljuks before the crushing of the crusades. I have heard of about 2 women who converted to shia islam, but that was just to marry their boyfriends, im not sure if they are practising, but i have about 50 friends who converted to sunni islam. I presume that is because sunni islam makes sense and shia islam is very emotional and a sensible religion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Syrian Grand Mufti: I am Sunni & Shia
    By abu_ibrahim in forum Politics, Jihad and Current Affairs
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 13th April 2011, 11:45 AM
  2. Sunni-shia discussion forum
    By Efendi in forum Suggestions, Comments and Feedback
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 16th May 2008, 11:55 AM
  3. Replies: 141
    Last Post: 30th April 2007, 01:11 AM
  4. Sunni - Shia Conflict
    By Abu Nihla in forum Beliefs and Fundamentals
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 16th April 2007, 03:50 PM
  5. Al-Muraja'at: sunni-shia dialogue?
    By abu falafel in forum Beliefs and Fundamentals
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 7th December 2006, 11:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38