Assalaamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakaatuhu

If My servant loves to meet Me, I love to meet him, and if he hates to meet Me, I hate to meet him." Bukhari

Questions to ask ones self:

Am i living my life, so that I can look forward to standing infront of Allah SWT?

Do I spend my time in pursuit of the pleasure of Allah SWT?

Am I trying my very best to give up haraam, so that I can look forward to meeting Allah SWT?

How certain am I of death?

If death is at any moment, any day or time - then why, why O why, do we sacrifice for all matters such as food, our kids, our families, our work, our homes, our businesses - Why is it that we can sacrifice [give up] 2 hours of islamic study, or ribaat or da'wah or aiding the poor or salah SO THAT we can engage in 4 hours of supper, weddings, indoor ball, relaxing, and so forth.

How certain am I of death?

Anas R.A. narrated that a man asked the Prophet S.A.W. about the Hour (i.e. Day of Judgment) saying, When will the Hour be? The Prophet S.A.W. said, What have you prepared for it? The man said, Nothing, except that I love Allah and His Messenger. The Prophet S.A.W. said, You will be with those whom you love. We had never been so glad as we were on hearing that saying of the Prophet (i.e., You will be with those whom you love.) Therefore, I love the Prophet S.A.W., Abu Bakr R.A and 'Umar R.A , and I hope that I will be with them because of my love for them though my deeds are not similar to theirs. (Bukhari 5/37)

What are we really preparing for?

Whosoever desires the life of the world and its glitter; to them We shall pay in full (the wages of) their deeds therein, and they will have no diminution therein. They are those for whom there is nothing in the Hereafter but Fire; and vain are the deeds they did therein. And of no effect is that which they used to do. Hud: 15-16

Say: If your fathers, your sons, your brothers, your wives, your kindred, the wealth that you have gained, the commerce in which you fear a decline, and the dwellings in which you delight ... are dearer to you than Allah and His Messenger, and striving hard and fighting in His Cause , then wait until Allah brings about His Decision (torment). And Allah guides not the people who are Al-Fasiqun (the rebellious, disobedient to Allah) 9:24

Everyone shall taste death. And only on the Day of Resurrection shall you be paid your wages in full. And whoever is removed away from the Fire and admitted to Paradise, he indeed is successful. The life of this world is only the enjoyment of deception (a deceiving thing). Aal-Imran: 185

Conclusion
A man from the Ansaar came to the Prophet and said: You are dearer to me than myself, my child, my family and my wealth, and I feel as if I am dieing when I do not see you. Then he began to cry. The Prophet sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam asked: Why are you crying? The man replied: I remembered that we will die and you will die, then you will take your place in Paradise with the other Messengers and Prophets, while we, if indeed we do enter Paradise, will be lower in rank than you, and thus we will not be able to see you in Paradise.

The Prophet sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam did not comment on his words until Allaah revealed the following verses which mean: And whoever obeys Allaah and the Messenger those will be with the ones upon whom Allaah has bestowed favour of the prophets, the steadfast affirmers of truth, the martyrs and the righteous. And excellent are those as companions. That is the bounty from Allaah [Quran 4: 69-70] Thereupon the Prophet sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam summoned him and said: Glad tidings to you! [Al-Bayhaqi]

WHAT AM I PREPARING FOR DEATH?

HOW CERTAIN AM I THAT I WILL DIE? AT ANY TIME?

From your brother in Islam
abooasmaa