Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Importance of Verifying the Content of FW: 'Islamic' Emails

This is a discussion on Importance of Verifying the Content of FW: 'Islamic' Emails within the Islam in General forums, part of the Main Topics category; i got this today: GIVE FIVE MINUTES OF TIME TO ATLEST READ IT TO THE END INSHAALLAH Subject: DONT DELETE! ...

Default Re: Importance of Verifying the Content of FW: 'Islamic' Emails

i got this today:

GIVE FIVE MINUTES OF TIME TO ATLEST READ IT TO THE END INSHAALLAH

Subject: DONT DELETE! IF YOUR A MUSLIM! PLEASE READ THIS!

This is true.From Madina Sheikh Ahmed has sent this news.On a Friday

Sheikh Ahmed fell asleep reading the Quraan. Then he dreamt the Prophet

Muhammed (saw) standing in front of him and saying that in one week

seven thousand people died but not even one was a true Muslim. None did

what ALLAH wanted. He also said now is a bad time. These days Wives dont

look after their Husbands,Girls go round without being covered they do

not respect parents or others,Rich do not look after the poor,they do

not give gifts or money or do not give fulfil zakaat.he also said to

Sheikh Ahmed make people understand to give zakaat,To do prayer and to

keep fast. The day of judgement is near. When There is a single star in

the sky,straight away the path of forgiveness will close. The writing in

The Quraan will disappear (vanish). The Sun will lower itself with

Earth.

The Prophet said whoever reads this news to someone else,

'I WILL ON THE DAY OF JUDGEMENT MAKE HIM A PLACE IN PARADISE, AND IF

SOMEONE DOES NOT BELIEVE THIS NEWS TO BE TRUE THEY WILL BE BANISHED FROM

PARADISE '

If a poor person gives out this news to other people his/her good wish

Will come true. Sheikh Ahmed said if this is not true then my death will

Be off a Non-Muslim. The Prophet said

'KEEP FAST, DO PRAYERS, GIVE ZAKAAT AND GIVE KINDNESS TO THE POOR'

Whoever Forwards this will get his/her reward in three days. One Person

Forward it to 40 people he had 8,000 thousand, take prophet in his

Business. One Person did not believe this news and his son died. One

kept Saying he will forward it today,tomorrow but never forward this
    News he died as well.

PLEASE DO NOT THINK THIS IS NOT TRUE.

PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to maaqib For This Useful Post:
    UmmTaymiyyah (29th December 2011)

Formerly Harris Hammam
    Follow Ismail Ibrahim On Twitter Add Ismail Ibrahim on Facebook

This thread should be immediately sent out to everyone who send these garbage emails.

Before you do, CC every email address you can see on the email list so that they know too. Usually, senders of this trash don't know what BCC stands for.

As for Sheikh Ahmed, well... we even used to get letters through the post about him in the 1990s!

Forward

Very good and important thread.

I stopped receiving those emails after I said give me sources or stop sending.
    : ޡ ޡ

Imam Ibn Al-Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah said: Religion consists entirely of good character ( ). Whoever surpasses you in good character surpasses you in religion.

Follow ahmad10 On Twitter

Why would anyone ever do such stupid things? How is that different than something like this?

Quote Originally Posted by A bunch of idiots
    PLEASE DON'T READ THIS. YOU WILL BE KISSED ON THE NEAREST POSSIBLE FRIDAY BY THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE. TOMMOROW WILL BE THE BEST DAY OF YOUR LIFE. HOWEVER IF YOU DONT POST THIS COMMENT TO AT LEAST FIVE POSTS YOU WILL DIE IN 2 DAYS. NOW UV STARTED READING THIS DO'NT STOP THIS IS SO SCARY TRY THIS its weird .
    1. Say your name 10x
    2. Say your mom's name 5x
    3. Say your crushes name 3x
    4. then paste this to 4 other posts, if you do this your crush will kiss you on the nearest friday! But if you read this and did not paste this, then you will have very bad luck.xSEND THIS TO FIVE QUIZZES IN 143 MINUTES WHEN UR DONE PRESS F6 AND UR CRUSHES NAME WILL APPEAR IN BIG LETTERS ON THE SCREEN. THIS IS SO SCARY COZ IT ACTUALLY WORKS
    The liars, and idiots who do that - should take heed from the strongest and most verified mutawatir hadeeth in this deen...

Salamah ibn Al-Akwa` (radiyallaahu `anhu) and others narrated that the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu `alaihi wa sallam) said:Whoever ascribes to me what I have not said, let him occupy his seat in the Hell-fire! And in another wording:
    No one ascribes to me falsehood or what I have not said except that he shall occupy his seat in the Hell-fire.

Reported by Al-Bukhaaree in his Saheeh (109)

Even if the message is good, what they are doing is ascribing a lie to Rasool Ullah (s) - and unless they repent, they have a reserved seat in hell-fire.
    Last edited by ahmad10; 9th October 2011 at 02:26 AM.

ٰ ۚ ۖ ۚ
    ٰ ۚ ۚ ٰ

Indeed, Allah has purchased from the believers their lives and their properties [in exchange] for that they will have Paradise. They fight in the cause of Allah , so they kill and are killed. [It is] a true promise [binding] upon Him in the Torah and the Gospel and the Qur'an. And who is truer to his covenant than Allah ? So rejoice in your transaction which you have contracted. And it is that which is the great attainment.

(Surah at-Tawbah 111 - 111 )
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Aside from all the other hoax chain letters people love to pass around and send, there is this huge thing going with Muslims being superstitious and accepting things without even a basic verification attempt. Things like this...
    FOR MUSLIM BROTHERS

CORRECTION

Assalamu Alaikum, Its been observed that most of us write "MOSQUE" for "Masjid" and even calling it as Mosque in daily routine, what elders and teachers say that the word "MOSQUE" means the house of mosquitoes not Masjid. So better be careful next time instead of writing mosque, u can write MASJID it doesn't matter. Most we have seen the spelling of MAKKAH as MECCA. the word MECCA means "Sharab Khaana/(whisky house). So let all of us careful of
    writing MECCA. Many people, whose names start with MUHAMMAD, write in a short form as "Mohd". This "Mohd" means "A dog which has a big mouth". Guys please forward this message to Muslim brothers as possible. Thanks, Best Regards,

Rgds,
    Nayef EL-Khatib
    Another version goes:

CALL MASJID not Mosque

Dear Muslims,

Please read this and pass it on to any and all Muslims that you can. It is vital and important information, I believe.

Muslims Refrain From Using the Term "Mosque" I was flipping through this book at the book store the other day called "The Complete Idiots Guide to Understanding Islam" (hehe) and it is filled with fun facts. Some stuff I didn't even know.

One of them concerns the term "mosque." So many of us think that this the english translation of Masjid. I often wondered how that was when they really had little in common with how they sounded.

Anyway this book pointed out that the term mosque is derived from the spanish word for "mosquito." It was termed as such because during the Crusades, King Ferdinand (or someone.. i forget exactly whom it said coined the term) said they were gonna go and swat the muslims "like mosquitos."

So dear Muslim brothers and sisters, refrain from using this term which is obviously a disgusting slap in the face to the Ummah. Educate our brothers and sisters to the history and etymology of this word. And let us replace it with the word which is MEANT to be used: Masjid! The Place of Prostration!! NOT Mosque: the place to be swatted!

If any of you have doubts about this, then please go pick up the book and read it.
    Some refutations:

HOAX: CALL MASJID not Mosque

Mosque = Mosquito, Mecca = House of wines :: HOAX EMAIL ISLAMWorld's Greatest Religion!

www.TurnToIslam.com - View Single Post - Fatwa by Saudi Council of Muftis..

I don't really like the word mosque, like even less Mecca, and Mohd is just plain wrong. But making up lies or believing in them is something I'll never encourage.

The mosque hoax is a popular one! I have family members who believe in that and it's difficult to explain to them that it's a hoax, so I leave them to it..

Here's a text message, some of it may be authentic but I don't know about all of it:

Benefits of Ayatul Kursi:

1. Recite while leaving your house, and 70,000 angels will protect you from all sides
    2. Recite on entering your home, and poverty won't enter your home
    3. Recite after wuzu, and it raises you 70 times in Allah's rank
    4. Recite before sleeping and 1 angel will protect you the whole night
    5. Recite after farz namaaz and the only thing that is separating you from paradise is death

If you pass this on it's called sadqa-e-jaria (meaning you keep on getting rewarded for it, every time someone acts upon it even when you have died, up until the day of judgement.
    Could someone verify which of these benefits are actually legislated as truthful and which are unauthentic etc?

Also, does forwarding one of these messages/emails REALLY equate to sadaqa-e-jaria?

Are we including texts here?

Just got this cracker!

Muharum has started!
    If you fast 9&10 you will get 2 years sawaab (reward) of namaz and if you tell anyone else you will get 80 years sawaab.

Narrated by Ibn Abbas.
    While I was standing amongst the people who were invoking Allah for Umar bin Al-Khattab who was lying (dead) on his bed, a man behind me rested his elbows on my shoulders and said:
    '(O Umar!) May Allah bestow His Mercy on you. I always hoped that Allah will keep you with your two companions, for I often heard Allah's Messenger (sallahu alyhi wa salam) saying, ' I, Abu Bakr and Umar were (somewhere). I, Abu Bakr and Umar set out.'
    So I hoped that Allah will keep you with both of them.'
    I turned back to see the speaker was Ali bin Abi Talib.

{Bukhari}

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Scented Blood For This Useful Post:
    akhan71193 (3rd December 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Scented Blood View Post
    Are we including texts here?

Just got this cracker!

Muharum has started!
    If you fast 9&10 you will get 2 years sawaab (reward) of namaz and if you tell anyone else you will get 80 years sawaab.
    lol... how do they come up with this stuff

WAIT A MINUTE!

You mean i AINT gona get 80 years sawaab for each of you wahabis who read this?!!!!

Narrated by Ibn Abbas.
    While I was standing amongst the people who were invoking Allah for Umar bin Al-Khattab who was lying (dead) on his bed, a man behind me rested his elbows on my shoulders and said:
    '(O Umar!) May Allah bestow His Mercy on you. I always hoped that Allah will keep you with your two companions, for I often heard Allah's Messenger (sallahu alyhi wa salam) saying, ' I, Abu Bakr and Umar were (somewhere). I, Abu Bakr and Umar set out.'
    So I hoped that Allah will keep you with both of them.'
    I turned back to see the speaker was Ali bin Abi Talib.

{Bukhari}

I just had this shared by a cousin on FB:

A Girl is the most beautiful part of ALLAHs creation..... ♥
    --> She sacrifices her chocolates for her brother.....♥
    --> Later She sacrifices her love for just a smile on her parents face..... ♥
    --> She sacrifices her comfort and desires for her in laws... ♥
    --> She sacrifices her full youth for her husband and children with out complain...♥
    ... --> Finally her life ends up she isthe creature of ALLAH
    Who no one can compete ....♥

Respect every Lady in ur life, U will never know
    what she has sacrificed for u ♥.

It got so many likes and ignorant sappy people all over it that I had to go off on it. The problem isn't with 'respecting' women, or even not acknowledging things that they've done. The problem is in attributing to Allaah or His creation aspects that do not exist, just because it 'feels good'.

There's no evidence showing women are the most beautiful part of Allaah's creation, and that 'no one can compete' with her when it comes to it, because of all those 'sacrifices' (which I call essentially being nice). Putting women on a pedestal is secondary, but the main issue is about the lie which consists in the wording that shouldn't be overlooked on simple basis of a 'moral'.

Plus not all women are beautiful nor good, nor do they sacrifice, nor do they not complain etc etc - which is implied since she's the "most beautiful" creation.

It really bothers me how easily they take religion and how happy they are with these shallow lies, and yet won't touch anything serious about Islaam at all. And what do you know, after I posted my objection five more people decided to 'like' the status, and another put some random mumbo jumbo about it being more about mothers and other stuff that didn't make sense, and a whole lot of followers decided to agree.

Aggravating. -sigh- May Allaah guide them.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Prolix For This Useful Post:
    UmmTaymiyyah (29th December 2011)

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast