Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Islam VS Rastafarianism

This is a discussion on Islam VS Rastafarianism within the Islam in General forums, part of the Main Topics category; Has anyone ever come across a debate between a rastafaraite and a muslim? I ask because ive been watching the ...

Default Islam VS Rastafarianism

Has anyone ever come across a debate between a rastafaraite and a muslim? I ask because ive been watching the video below which is a debate/interview between a christian tv presenter and a rastafarian called 'Mutabaruka', lol.

The rastas arguments seem so weak and im sure a muslim could easily refute them, as i was watching i was thinking of replies in my head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdAXGmYRSlY

any ex-rastas on the forum please share your thoughts and bun up the place!
    Last edited by Awakened; 29th May 2009 at 11:44 PM.

Rep-manz

Default Re: Islam VS Rastafarianism

Yaa man me nah say nutin bout da ting dem, me just wanna say dis ding and dem dat... Ya 'ear me nah? Seen!!!!
    "Sit with one whose limbs address you, not his mouth." Sahl ibn `Abd Allah ibn Yunus, Abu Muhammad al-Tustari (d. 283), may Allah be well-pleased with him.

: " " , : :

Ibn 'Umar said: "And do not let your words be in excess to your actions", Al-Baihaqi: Shu'ab al-Imaan and Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani: Al-Isaabah fee Taymeez as-Sahaaba

Abu Shawarma

Rastafarians worship the Ethiopian habashi emperor Haile Selassie:

"Rastafari" comes from the words Ras (I think this means "prince" in Amhara) and Tafari (name of Haile Selassie before he was crowned emperor).

They believe that he was god, Jesus was his son and that they themselves are the holy spirit lol. You can just imagine how easy that would be to tear up.
    ٰ

{And is one who was dead and We gave him life and made for him light by which to walk among the people like one who is in darkness, never to emerge therefrom? Thus it has been made pleasing to the disbelievers that which they were doing.}

Al-An'aam 122

Quote Originally Posted by Awakened View Post

any ex-rastas on the forum please share your thoughts and bun up the place!
    I lived in a rasta household in my twenties,I am still well versed in its ways,lived an Ital lfe,no meat,lick of the chalice etc etc,anyways hardly any true rastas left now in the UK,most just funky dreads,coincidently theres a rasta shop on my street who sell some halal products,gelatine free which is handy for soaps.shampoos and that...

walaikomsalam wr wb

There was this pirate radio show I remember from about 12 years ago where they would herd all sorts of nut-jobs into the studio to debate (e.g. the "holy" tabernacle or whatever it's called nowadays.)

They had many debates between various people. I think there was one between some brothers and some Rastafarians.

The Rastas weren't the brightest (and sounded like they'd had a healthy smoke prior to arriving in the studio). They kept blaming anything they couldn't understand on the Illuminati.

In the end when they were clearly getting rings run around them this one guy started getting vexed and sucking his teeth saying "Dem trowing jokes 'pon the I!"

I don't remember anything other than it made me laugh!

We used to visit a man called Fire Lion he was a dub king dj(roots and culture),man had 6 foot speakers in his house and was mad as a march hare from ganja...

Abdullah Al-Faisel, irrespective of what is said about him used to tell some funny Rasta jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibn Adam View Post
    Abdullah Al-Faisel, irrespective of what is said about him used to tell some funny Rasta jokes.
    Achi rasta life is a joke a second,I met some real nutters man,lol..

There's a funny story the Bilal Philips related about one of his trips to Jamaica on the lecture circuit.

He was giving a lecture and he could see that some of the audience (I think recent converts) were red-eyed and so he address the topic of marijuana being prohibited in Islam.

They were like "No, no! It's mentioned in the Qur'an" and pulled out a Yusuf Ali translation and cited the verse
    And remember ye said: "O Moses! we cannot endure one kind of food (always); so beseech thy Lord for us to produce for us of what the earth groweth, -its pot-herbs, and cucumbers, Its garlic, lentils, and onions."... [2:61]
    Lol!

Abu Shawarma

LOOL that's hilarious. Ganja.
    ٰ

{And is one who was dead and We gave him life and made for him light by which to walk among the people like one who is in darkness, never to emerge therefrom? Thus it has been made pleasing to the disbelievers that which they were doing.}

Al-An'aam 122

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast