Lessons: From Al Aqiedah al Tahawiya
This is a discussion on Lessons: From Al Aqiedah al Tahawiya within the Islam in General forums, part of the Main Topics category; from the book : Aqiedah al Tahawiya by Imam Tahawi Tawheed: The Oneness of Allah 1. We say about Allah's ...
- 2nd August 2007 #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2007
Lessons: From Al Aqiedah al Tahawiya
from the book : Aqiedah al Tahawiya by Imam Tahawi
Tawheed: The Oneness of Allah
1. We say about Allah's unity believing by Allah's help - that Allah is One, without any partners.
2. There is nothing like Him.
3. There is nothing that can overwhelm Him.
4. There is no god other than Him.
5. He is the Eternal without a beginning and enduring without end.
6. He will never perish or come to an end.
7. Nothing happens except what He wills.
8. No imagination can conceive of Him and no understanding can comprehend Him.
9. He is different from any created being.
10. He is living and never dies and is eternally active and never sleeps.
11. He creates without His being in need to do so and provides for His creation without any effort.
12. He causes death with no fear and restores to life without difficulty.
13. He has always existed together with His attributes since before creation. Bringing creation into existence did not add anything to His attributes that was not already there. As He was, together with His attributes, in pre-eternity, so He will remain throughout endless time.
14. It was not only after the act of creation that He could be described as `the Creator' nor was it only by the act of origination that He could he described as `the Originator'.
15. He was always the Lord even when there was nothing to be Lord of, and always the Creator even when there was no creation.
16. In the same way that He is the `Bringer to life of the dead', after He has brought them to life a first time, and deserves this name before bringing them to life, so too He deserves the name of `Creator' before He has created them.
17. This is because He has the power to do everything, everything is dependent on Him, everything is easy for Him, and He does not need anything. `There is nothing like Him and He is the Hearer, the Seer'. [ash-Shura 42:11]
18. He created creation with His knowledge.
19. He appointed destinies for those He created.
20. He allotted to them fixed life spans.
21. Nothing about them was hidden from Him before He created them, and He knew everything that they would do before He created them.
22. He ordered them to obey Him and forbade them to disobey Him.
23. Everything happens according to His decree and will, and His will is accomplished. The only will that people have is what He wills for them. What He wills for them occurs and what He does not will, does not occur.
24. He gives guidance to whoever He wills, and protects them, and keeps them safe from harm, out of His generosity; and He leads astray whoever He wills, and abases them, and afflicts them, out of His justice.
25. All of them are subject to His will between either His generosity or His justice.
26. He is exalted beyond having opposites or equals.
27. No one can ward off His decree or put back His command or overpower His affairs.
28. We believe in all of this and are certain that everything comes from Him.
- By Expergefactionist in forum ClassesReplies: 21Last Post: 20th December 2012, 10:55 AM
- By Expergefactionist in forum ClassesReplies: 3Last Post: 18th April 2012, 07:26 AM
- By Expergefactionist in forum Islam in GeneralReplies: 22Last Post: 11th May 2006, 10:42 AM
- By Expergefactionist in forum ClassesReplies: 10Last Post: 10th June 2005, 06:45 AM
- By alecsmithson in forum Islamic Theology and IdeologyReplies: 0Last Post: 8th January 2005, 04:04 PM