Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Music

This is a discussion on Music within the Islam in General forums, part of the Main Topics category; So this is not a fiqh discussion at all. More it is about the fitna of music. Now many of ...

Default Music

So this is not a fiqh discussion at all.

More it is about the fitna of music.

Now many of us have many issues we struggle with but due to hiding our sins sometimes the secret sins that we indulge in on our own are often not discussed openly or frankly enough for us to get real help.

The reality is that many of us struggle with music, the haram kind of music, you may hear it in the shopping mall or on the TV advert or the radio etc..

Can we use this thread to discuss how much of an issue this really is for practising muslims and how it can be overcome

Discuss
    Wakee' ibn Jarrah once said, 'The intelligent one is he who understands the ways of Allah, not him who has understood the ways of this world.'

MM: Your Deeds Would Shame all the Devils in Hell

Ummah Of Prophet Muhammad

Default Re: Music

As Salam Alaikum

Great Thread

it's the voice of iblis and all music does is make you act wild...

and it harms your ears and it also has secret satanic messages in it...

SURAH YASIN RECITED BY SHAYKH MAHIR IS THE BEST!

Sheikh Mahir Al-Muaiqely Sura Ya sin - YouTube

Muslim Female
    ish

I didn't know music was haram until I started to become more religiously inclined. One day I was listening to something and started analyzing the words and just felt really annoyed at the content which I knew was against my principles. I decided to get rid of those types of songs. While doing that I decided to get rid of everything else I had.

How I got through it at the time - I had gotten the Anwar al-Awlaki Lives of the Prophets CDs and listened to them over and over. My commute at the time was an hour each way, so alhamdulillah, Allah replaced my music with something much better. That series is a major iman booster, which is what I needed because soon after I learned music was haram, and I knew I had to get rid of my piano. That was really hard on me because I had been playing piano since I was a child.

I don't know what I can offer as advice to overcome the love of music. Some people say replace the haram music with a halal alternative like nasheeds. You have Islamic rap and what not and other non-instrumental stuff. For me, I just decided to stay away from all of it, even the halal type because I wanted to get away from the feeling that music brought.

Liking listening to music is not an issue for me at all anymore. I actually find most types extremely annoying now, especially music with lyrics. Once I focus on the words I find most songs are really dumb. I forgot who said, "anything too stupid to be said is sung," but that's how I feel about most music now; however, the piano I hear it calling me whenever I see it, so I just try to avoid it. When I go to the mall I cross to the other side whenever I'm approaching the piano store. Once I had a class in a room with a piano and felt like I had to lower my gaze whenever I walked in the room, lol.

What gets me through that feeling now is remembering the words of Ibn Qayyim I read somewhere - something to the effect that a heart cannot hold (or love) Quran and music at the same time. I'm not sure about the exact wording. I think of that whenever I hear something and feel inclined to it or when I get the urge to play. I think of it and tell myself that the only reason I like it is because something is wrong with me and I need to fix up.
    Last edited by ish; 2nd June 2012 at 11:30 PM.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ish For This Useful Post:
    Aboo Shayba (5th June 2012), Abu Hurairah (10th June 2012), Abu Treika (3rd June 2012), خالد (2nd June 2012), Layth (2nd June 2012), Noor Hamza (11th June 2012), Umm DJ-N (2nd June 2012)

Okay, well basically I stopped listening to music for a year, then whilst flicking through tv channels I saw an artist I really loved (previously) was having a concert live and they were showing it on tv.. So i thought one time isnt going to hurt, I was home alone all windows open and I was watching it on full blast, it was Asr time..

Then subhanAllah I randomly felt really tired, so I went to my room to have a nap, leaving all windows open..

I had a dream I was at home, that same music was pumping really loud, all windows open but the house was very dark and strange.. I walked to the living room and saw that through the garden door jinns were flying in from a grave yard near by and dancing in my living room and I was dancing with them! It was so clear and realistic, even when I woke up i still felt a nasty presence in my house Au'thubillaaah!

I woke up SO scared as you can imagine, alhamdulillah I treated it as a sign from Allah and since that day I have not been near music alhamdulillah..

InshaAllah this wakes up some people that listen to it, and brings to their attention what they are calling into their houses
    Ali ibn Abi Talib once said ''Do not take someones silence as his pride, perhaps he is busy fighting with his self''

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Striving4Sunnah For This Useful Post:
    Aboo Muhammad (3rd June 2012), Noor Hamza (11th June 2012), Tuwaylib (3rd June 2012), wurood (3rd June 2012)

✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿

Quote Originally Posted by Striving4Sunnah View Post
    Okay, well basically I stopped listening to music for a year, then whilst flicking through tv channels I saw an artist I really loved (previously) was having a concert live and they were showing it on tv.. So i thought one time isnt going to hurt, I was home alone all windows open and I was watching it on full blast, it was Asr time..

Then subhanAllah I randomly felt really tired, so I went to my room to have a nap, leaving all windows open..

I had a dream I was at home, that same music was pumping really loud, all windows open but the house was very dark and strange.. I walked to the living room and saw that through the garden door jinns were flying in from a grave yard near by and dancing in my living room and I was dancing with them! It was so clear and realistic, even when I woke up i still felt a nasty presence in my house Au'thubillaaah!

I woke up SO scared as you can imagine, alhamdulillah I treated it as a sign from Allah and since that day I have not been near music alhamdulillah..

InshaAllah this wakes up some people that listen to it, and brings to their attention what they are calling into their houses
    Wow.....that's a really interesting and scary story! I am trying to stop listening to music, I stopped a couple of years ago for 3 months, but my imaan became weak again and I went back to listening to music unfortunately. =/ Do you have any tips of how you stopped listening to music sister?

To be honest, step back and look at music..

How can it be normal that you listen to a love song and suddenly you feel all sad and lovey dovey lol,
    Or you listen to a Tupac song and you think your some kind of gangster lol.. I see these guys on the train, they look so nerdy and their pumping hip hop or rap from their earphones and suddenly they are nodding their heads with some serious faces LOL

This stuff isnt normal, for something your listening to, to have this effect on you is dodgy.
    I really wanted to be close to Allah, and music only brings you away from Allah, it distracts you, changes your moods, emotions etc and is a huge tool of shaytan!

Sis this lifes to short to waste your time polluting your brain with music, replace it with anasheed.. Maybe this will help?
    Personally i just stopped to gain closeness to Allah and He made it easy alhamdulillah, but like I said I slipped up 1 year later but alhamdulillah Allah warned me with that dream..

Find a reciter of Quran that you love the sound of, personally I love Salah Bukhatir and Mishary, I occupy my time travelling or smthing by listening to them. It will improve your personal recitation and help you memorise more! imagine every letter you pronounce is 10 rewards subhanAllah.

Also I heard a story of 2 brothers driving in Saudi I think and they were blazing music, their car crashed and they were dying literally, the people around were saying say LA ILAHA IL ALLAH! and the boys couldnt, because they were singing the evil lyrics of the songs they were just listening to! Do we wana die like that? Our last breaths full of satanic words? Au'thubillahi mina thaalik

Just focus on other things, realise the seriousness of the sin you are committing and how far it takes you from what Allah loves.

Try your best sis, and make dua to Allah that he makes it possible for you to stop completely and He will answer
    Ali ibn Abi Talib once said ''Do not take someones silence as his pride, perhaps he is busy fighting with his self''

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Striving4Sunnah For This Useful Post:
    Noor Hamza (11th June 2012), wurood (3rd June 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Treika View Post
    So this is not a fiqh discussion at all.

More it is about the fitna of music.

Now many of us have many issues we struggle with but due to hiding our sins sometimes the secret sins that we indulge in on our own are often not discussed openly or frankly enough for us to get real help.

The reality is that many of us struggle with music, the haram kind of music, you may hear it in the shopping mall or on the TV advert or the radio etc..

Can we use this thread to discuss how much of an issue this really is for practising muslims and how it can be overcome

Discuss
    Music is probably one of the biggest issues for muslims these days, music is embedded in all the cultures especially among south aisian muslims with the whole bollywood culture. It's easy for me to stop listening to western music, but it's a struggle to keep myself away from bollywood music, but alhumdulilah I'm getting better. I guess people all have a place in their hearts that wants to be in a fantasy world to get away from reality, so we turn to music to get such temporary feelings, but they only give false happiness and end up leaving us craving for more. Little do people realize that they can only find true peace in Allah ajja wa jals words....

Quote Originally Posted by Striving4Sunnah View Post
    To be honest, step back and look at music..

How can it be normal that you listen to a love song and suddenly you feel all sad and lovey dovey lol,
    Or you listen to a Tupac song and you think your some kind of gangster lol.. I see these guys on the train, they look so nerdy and their pumping hip hop or rap from their earphones and suddenly they are nodding their heads with some serious faces LOL

This stuff isnt normal, for something your listening to, to have this effect on you is dodgy.
    I really wanted to be close to Allah, and music only brings you away from Allah, it distracts you, changes your moods, emotions etc and is a huge tool of shaytan!

Sis this lifes to short to waste your time polluting your brain with music, replace it with anasheed.. Maybe this will help?
    Personally i just stopped to gain closeness to Allah and He made it easy alhamdulillah, but like I said I slipped up 1 year later but alhamdulillah Allah warned me with that dream..

Find a reciter of Quran that you love the sound of, personally I love Salah Bukhatir and Mishary, I occupy my time travelling or smthing by listening to them. It will improve your personal recitation and help you memorise more! imagine every letter you pronounce is 10 rewards subhanAllah.

Also I heard a story of 2 brothers driving in Saudi I think and they were blazing music, their car crashed and they were dying literally, the people around were saying say LA ILAHA IL ALLAH! and the boys couldnt, because they were singing the evil lyrics of the songs they were just listening to! Do we wana die like that? Our last breaths full of satanic words? Au'thubillahi mina thaalik

Just focus on other things, realise the seriousness of the sin you are committing and how far it takes you from what Allah loves.

Try your best sis, and make dua to Allah that he makes it possible for you to stop completely and He will answer
    jazzak Allah khair for the naseehah sis, In sha Allah I will try my best to read more Quran and listen to Quran, yes music makes people do stupid things very much! It's possibly the biggest reason why peoples hearts aren't moved by the verses of the all Mighty, because it's filled with shaytan's garbage, I'm already starting to get annoyed by music and it hasn't been that long since I stopped listening. May Allah increase my and every muslim's imaan ameen.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to wurood For This Useful Post:
    Striving4Sunnah (3rd June 2012)

The heart only has space for either Quran, or Music!
    It can't fit both in together.
    Now the choice is ours !

Ummah Of Prophet Muhammad

jinn love music...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast