Prophet saying to Ali "Will u not be pleased that u will be to me like Harun to Musa"

This is a discussion on Prophet saying to Ali "Will u not be pleased that u will be to me like Harun to Musa" within the Islam in General forums, part of the Main Topics category; Assalamu alaykum This is something I wrote regarding this hadith, please if you find any mistakes in my explanation or ...

Default Prophet saying to Ali "Will u not be pleased that u will be to me like Harun to Musa"

Assalamu alaykum

This is something I wrote regarding this hadith, please if you find any mistakes in my explanation or translation, let me know, so I will correct it before posting it in my blog insha Allah.

--------------------------------

Sahih al Bukhari
    Volume 5, Book 59, Number 700:
    Narrated Sad:

Allah's Apostle set out for Tabuk. appointing 'Ali as his deputy (in Medina). 'Ali said, "Do you want to leave me with the

children and women?" The Prophet said, "Will you not be pleased that you will be to me like Aaron to Moses? But

there will be no prophet after me."

This hadith is not evidence of khilafah of Ali radiyallahu anhu after the death of the Prophet sallallahu alayhi wa

sallam, because the comparison is with Harun alayhi assalam, and Harun alayhi assalam died before Musa alayhi

assalam and thus was never his successor after him.
    The following is an explanation by al Qurtubi -rahimahu Allah- in his tafsir (tafseer of ayah 2:30) regarding this

narration:
    [There is no disagreement that the Prophet -sallallahu alayhi wa sallam- didn't mean, by (saying) "you will be to me

like Harun (Aaron) to Moses" the khilafah after him, and there is no disagreement that Haroon died before Musa -

alayhima assalam- ... and was not a khalifah after him, for the khalifah (successor of Musa) was Yusha' bin Noon, so

if he wanted by his saying "you will be to me like Harun to Moses" the khilafah, he would have said "you will be to me

like Yusha' was to Musa", so when he didn't say this it proved that he didn't want that meaning, but he wanted that

"you are my deputy over my family in my life and my abscence from my family, like Harun was deputy of Musa over

his people when he left to speak to his Lord.]

Other scholars of ahl assunah explained it the same, him being deputy of the Prophet -sallallahu alayhi wa sallam -

upon his family when he went to battle with kuffar.

In one of the shia sites it says:
    ((To this we answer that whenever the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him and his family, left the Islamic

capital, he would always appoint someone to act as his deputy. If by comparing Ali, peace be upon him, to Harun, the

Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him and his family, had intended nothing more than the usual appointment of a

deputy, restricted in his authority to Madinah for the period of the Prophet's absence, why did he not use a similar

expression for those other favored Companions he would appoint as deputy? Why did he not use the same or similar

words to describe the services they rendered?))

Answer: Those sahabah might have not asked the Prophet sallallahu alayhi wa sallam to go with him and not stay

behind to watch who is left behind from women, children and others, so there was no need for him to tell them that,

but Ali radiyallahu anhu objected to staying behind with children and women and not go to fight with the Prophet

sallallahu alayhi wa sallam, and he wanted to go to the battle instead, so the Prophet sallallahu alayhi wa sallam said

that to him, showing him that he would be to him, by staying behind watching over women and children, like Haroon was to Musa when he left him behind as a deputy over his people, and it is an honor and that he wouldn't be less than the ones who went to fight in battle.
    {O you who believe ! Avoid much suspicions, indeed some suspicions are sins.} [49:12]

Banned

Banned

The Ahlel Bayt site would really benefit from any time you wish to clarify Sunni Hadith that Shia abuse. Keep us updated on any such future articles, Insha-Allah.

jazaka Allahu khayran akhi
    I will add the link to my blog in the same post I have this hadith insha Allah.
    it is excellent.

If I write anything else regarding refutation of rafidah I will post it here insha Allah
    and if I dont' forget, I will send you a pm to notify you insha Allah.