Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who is Sheikh Abu Usamah At-Thahabi ??

This is a discussion on Who is Sheikh Abu Usamah At-Thahabi ?? within the Islam in General forums, part of the Main Topics category; Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh.. I know he is an african-american convert, Ive seen him on youtube.. But what ...

Default Who is Sheikh Abu Usamah At-Thahabi ??

Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh..

I know he is an african-american convert, Ive seen him on youtube..
    But what are his views? Is he soft, does he think jihad is fard or like other most african-american converts - he believes the saudi king is our ruler??
    And what about Abu Taubah?

Because I like their speeches, but I dont wanna listen to madkhalis and whatever..

Barakallahu fikoum..

Default Re: Who is Sheikh Abu Usamah At-Thahabi ??

Jihad - Abu Usamah Adh Dhahabi

From the above thread

Quote Originally Posted by Die for Allah View Post
    I just listened to a random bit of the first part as I cant stomach much of Dahabi's baatil, I wasn't surprised to hear him propagating more falsehood,and it seems like almost every lecture he delivers he makes blunders and spouts rubbish.

Anyway, he states that those Muslims who want to bring back the glory of Islam by indiscriminately blowing innocent people up are not performing Jihad and that what they are doing cannot be considered Jihad.That is an example of how he draws attention to a false scenario and then proceeds to refute that false scenario all the while giving the unsuspecting listener the impression that he has refuted a real group of individuals.The fact is Goldie is against Jihad in practical terms, there is not a single Jihad in the world today that he recognises as being legitimate,he regards those who are engaged in the noble cause to be from the khawarij,he is very vocal in his condemnations of the Mujahideen and the scholars of the Mujahideen and everyone is aware of the lecture this jahil gave attacking Shaikh Umar Abdur Rahman and accusing him of calling to the ideology of the khawarij. Listening to Goldie and taking knowledge from him relating to the issue of Jihad is like listening and taking knowledge from Iblees with regard to being grateful to Allah.

Quote Originally Posted by Die for Allah View Post
    Asalamualykum

First of all JazakAllah khair Ikhwan for clarifying what I was trying to get across in my initial post.

Akhi Abdullah, no one here supports the targeting of innocent civilians, that is obviously a crime and against the sharia and cannot be described as Jihad.The point I am trying to make is that dahabi and those that share his madkhalistic views go about portraying the whole of Jihad as being mindless indiscriminate killing and all of the Mujahideen as being bloodthirsty lunatics who'll blow up anything for the sake of it.If for arguments sake we accept that there are a tiny minority amongst the Mujahideen who are of the view that targeting innocent civilians is permissible, it would still not justify dahabi's constant focus of attention on them to the exclusion of those noble Mujahideen who are engaged in the righteous and virtuous Jihad all around the world.

Listening to dahabi not only in the videos you have posted but in every lecture he gives on the subject of Jihad one would assume that Jihad as it is in the world today is a crime against humanity and that the Mujahideen are criminals who's only goal is death and destruction, whereas in actual fact nothing could be further from the truth.

In a lecture he gave recently he stated that the Taliban had blown up some government employees in Afghanistan at a graduation ceremony, he stated that the government employees in question were non combatants who's job it was to check I.D etc.He stated that the killing of these employees was the action of the khawarij, he gave no reference for this attack other than saying it was recent.I automatically guessed which operation he was referring to, it was an attack which took place in the Charsada region of north west Pakistan not Afghanistan (as he claimed) the government employees he was making reference to were not non combatants but were members of the frontier corps who had recently graduated/qualified and had just finished a graduation or initiation ceremony.Anyone who knows anything about the frontier corps will know that they are a brutal paramilitary organisation who are deployed in the tribal regions of Pakistan and are actively engaged in fighting the Mujahideen in that region.A video was posted sometime ago in which F.C paramilitaries had captured some Arab brothers and they were torturing them to death in the most brutal manner possible.Now tell me how can anyone justify Dahabi's accusation that the act of targeting and killing F.C members is akin to the action of the khawarij i.e that of killing innocent Muslims and leaving the mushrikeen?? This is but one of many many unjust and criminal statements Dahabi has made with regard to the subject of Jihad over the years and I say that with no exaggeration at all.

You posted another video of one Dahabi's lectures recently and despite my major disagreement with Dahabi on many many issues I did not comment or criticise you for doing so, but when it comes to the subject of Jihad I will not remain silent and allow anyone to propagate ad Dahabi's ideology unchallenged.

May Allah guide us all to that which pleases him azza wa jal

wasalam
    And say not concerning that which your tongues put forth falsely: This is lawful and this is forbidden, so as to invent lies against Allaah. Verily, those who invent lies against Allaah will never prosper. [al-Nahl 16:116].

Syed Qutb (ra) when asked to seek pardon from nasser said
    Verily the index finger that testifies to the oneness of Allah in prayer utterly rejects to write even one letter that endorses the rule of the tyrant

So hes a madkhali?
    Great, another one.. Just what we needed..

What about Abu Taubah? He seems reasonable enough..

Quote Originally Posted by UmmDawoud View Post
    So hes a madkhali?
    Great, another one.. Just what we needed..

What about Abu Taubah? He seems reasonable enough..

I haven't listened to much of his lectures and dont know his views, may Allah free him, Aaameeen.
    And say not concerning that which your tongues put forth falsely: This is lawful and this is forbidden, so as to invent lies against Allaah. Verily, those who invent lies against Allaah will never prosper. [al-Nahl 16:116].

Verily the index finger that testifies to the oneness of Allah in prayer utterly rejects to write even one letter that endorses the rule of the tyrant

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Die for Allah For This Useful Post:
    Abu'l 'Eyse (12th August 2012)

The madkhalis down the road at Wright St certainly dont consider him to be a madhkhali.

He is an Imam at Green Lane Masjid which is Ahle Hadith. An interesting character. Cant help but take digs at Hanafis and Pakistanis every so often.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Muadh ibn Jabal For This Useful Post:
    Abu'Aaminah (20th June 2012)

He is a Madkhali that has reinvented himself for the UK market, after being thrown off the manhaaj in the USA. He has a lot of skeletons in his closet from his time in America, if people knew half the stuff the wouldn't sit in the same room as him.

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Najaax View Post
    He has a lot of skeletons in his closet from his time in America, if people knew half the stuff the wouldn't sit in the same room as him.

Birmingham mosque cleric accused of sexual harassment - Top Stories - News - Birmingham Mail

Salamolaikom wr wb..

The accusation was taken from a website ans as such is worthless,no complaints have been made at Green Lane.I think we all need to be careful of accusing any Muslim man or woman of such a sin..

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to abuhannah For This Useful Post:
    Abu'l 'Eyse (12th August 2012), abul hafsa (12th August 2012), Awakened (12th August 2012), Ibn Khattab (12th August 2012), JMC (12th August 2012), Plum (12th August 2012), Salamat (12th August 2012), UmmZubayr (20th August 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by abuhannah View Post
    Salamolaikom wr wb..

The accusation was taken from a website ans as such is worthless,no complaints have been made at Green Lane.I think we all need to be careful of accusing any Muslim man or woman of such a sin..
    Yes akhi that much is clear and the article itself states as much, I just thought it'd be interesting to note that the local paper has decided to bring this accusation/rumour which has been doing the rounds for a very long time into the wider public domain. I am not making an accusation of adultery against Abu Usama.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Die for Allah For This Useful Post:
    abuhannah (12th August 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Zacheriya View Post
    The madkhalis down the road at Wright St certainly dont consider him to be a madhkhali.

He is an Imam at Green Lane Masjid which is Ahle Hadith. An interesting character. Cant help but take digs at Hanafis and Pakistanis every so often.

He's not madkhali in the sense of Jarh/Ta'dil /refuting / following Shaykh Rabee.

He's madkhali in his stance towards Salafi fiqh madhahib, and Jihad...

I do find benefits in some of his lectures, and from my understanding of aqeedah, he is to be of sound aqeedah..

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Abdul Malik For This Useful Post:
    JMC (12th August 2012)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast