Archery: Reviving the Sunnah

This is a discussion on Archery: Reviving the Sunnah within the Events and Announcements forums, part of the category; As-salaamu `alaykum Archery Open Day Come along with the family and enjoy a day of living the Sunnah and have ...

Cool Archery: Reviving the Sunnah

As-salaamu `alaykum

Archery Open Day

Come along with the family and enjoy a day of living the Sunnah and have a go at the Blessed Sport of Archery.

- Bank Holiday Weekend SUNDAY AUGUST 26th

- Ages 7+

- Male and Female Instructors will be teaching throughout the day

- Bouncy Castles and fun activities for the kids

- Face Painting

- BBQ and foods from the Far East

- Entry will be FREE

- Check the website http://www.croydonsacredarchery.org/ for details and how to find us

It is reported in Sahih Bukhari (hadeeth no. 4.170) by Salama (ra):

The Messenger of Allaah (s) passed by some people from the tribe of Aslam practicing archery. He said, "O children of Ishmael! Throw (arrows), for your father was an archer. I am on the side of Bani so-and-so," (meaning one of the two teams). The other team stopped throwing, whereupon the Prophet said, "What has happened to them?" They replied, "How shall we throw while you are with Bani so-and-so?" He said, "Throw for I am with all of you."
    Last edited by Fajr; 13th August 2007 at 10:30 PM.
    وَآخِرُ دَعْوَاهُمْ أَنِ الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ
    "... And the last of their call will be, "Praise be to Allah, Lord of the worlds." [10:10]

Imam Malik (rh): “Do not look to the sins of people as if you are Lords, but look to your own sins as if you are slaves. Have mercy on the people of affliction and praise Allah for your well-being, and never say, ‘This person is from the people of Hellfire, and this person is from the people of Paradise.’ Do not be arrogant over the sinners, but rather ask Allah to grant them hidayah and rashad (i.e. guidance).”

Senior Member Detainee no. 05315-748's Avatar

'Alaykum as-Salam;

Also, ash-Shafi'i loved archery, to the point that he once said that his two greatest loves in life were Fiqh and archery.

He was so good that he would hit his target 9 out of 10 times, and in some narrations, 10 out of 10 times!

إني أحبك في الله ♥♥♥

Asalaam'alaykum wa rahmatullah

Alhamdulillah, can the narration be posted; where the prophet sallAllahu alayhi' wassallam mentions four things that are benficial and is counted as dhikr of Allah subhanah wa ta'aala, i.e archery, swimming, horse riding?!
    حسبنا الله ونعم الوكيل وعلى الله توكلنا

2C oursels as ithers C us Umm Ahmed's Avatar

It is reported in Sahih Muslim (hadeeth no. 4711) by Uqbar ibn Amir (ra):
    I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) say - and he was delivering a sermon from the pulpit: Prepare to meet them with as much strength as you can afford. Beware, strength consists in archery. Beware, strength consists in archery. Beware, strength consists in archery.

It is reported in Sunan Abu Dawood (hadeeth no. 2507) by Uqbar ibn Amir (ra):
    I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) say: Allah, Most High, will cause three persons to enter Paradise for one arrow: the maker when he has a good motive in making it, the one who shoots it, and the one who hands it; so shoot and ride, but your shooting is dearer to me than your riding. Everything with which a man amuses himself is vain except three (things): a man's training of his horse, his playing with his wife, and his shooting with his bow and arrow. If anyone abandons archery after becoming an adept through distaste for it, it is a blessing he has abandoned; or he said: for which he has been ungrateful.

It is reported in Sahih Bukhair (hadeeth no. 4.170) by Salama (ra):
    Allah's Apostle passed by some people from the tribe of Aslam practicing archery. He said, "O children of Ishmael! Throw (arrows), for your father was an archer. I am on the side of Bani so-and-so," (meaning one of the two teams). The other team stopped throwing, whereupon the Prophet said, "What has happened to them?" They replied, "How shall we throw while you are with Bani so-and-so?" He said, "Throw for I am with all of you."
    Deeds are your money on the day of judgement , make sure you collect plenty now.

Say (O Muhammad SAW):"I am not a new thing among the Messengers (of Allâh) (i.e. I am not the first Messenger) nor do I know what will be done with me or with you. I only follow that which is revealed to me, and I am but a plain warner." (Al-Ahqaf 46:9)

Default Re: Archery: Reviving the Sunnah

sister fajr is there anyway i can contact this brother?

brother jehad i mean.

i contacted him last year once but unfortunately couldnt meet up, i really want to meet these brothers.

please help me find some way to contact him inshAllah.

Assalamu Alaikum

Banned

wa alaykum salaam,

I wonder if in anyway this could be misconstrued as training for "violent Jihad".

2C oursels as ithers C us Umm Ahmed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Asad'Allah View Post
    wa alaykum salaam,

I wonder if in anyway this could be misconstrued as training for "violent Jihad".
    yeah I suppose, bows and arrows, cops and robbers and other childhood games will be seen as violent.

Archery is great for children though it develops their hand and eye co-ordination.
    Deeds are your money on the day of judgement , make sure you collect plenty now.

Say (O Muhammad SAW):"I am not a new thing among the Messengers (of Allâh) (i.e. I am not the first Messenger) nor do I know what will be done with me or with you. I only follow that which is revealed to me, and I am but a plain warner." (Al-Ahqaf 46:9)