Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Rules and Regulations

This is a discussion on Rules and Regulations within the Events and Announcements forums, part of the category; New rule added. 26. (18/08/11) Users repeatedly posting essentially the same theme, topic, argument or continuously referring the reader to ...

Default Re: Rules and Regulations

New rule added.

26. (18/08/11) Users repeatedly posting essentially the same theme, topic, argument or continuously referring the reader to a particular website in their activity are liable to have their posts combined into a single thread or deleted.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ibn Adam For This Useful Post:
    akhan71193 (1st September 2011), AnaPNCMaryam (20th December 2011), Ibn Nabih (18th August 2011)

Forum Rules have been updated and certain rules slightly revised. Please especially note the change in A5:

5. This is not a matrimonial message board; any member found using the forums for soliciting marriage in any way, publicly or via PMs will receive an immediate ban.
    A rule has also been added:

27. Failing or refusing to cooperate/communicate with Moderators when required to do so may result in a discretionary ban.
    I found that sins kill the hearts
    And they bring about humiliation by being addicted to them
    And abandoning sin gives life to the hearts
    And it is better for your soul that you disobey it
    -Abdullah ibn Al-Mubarak-

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Prolix For This Useful Post:
    AnaPNCMaryam (20th December 2011)

27. Failing or refusing to cooperate/communicate with Moderators when required to do so may result in a discretionary ban.

Now you decide to add the rule? You banned me for a rule that never even existed subhan'Allah. (Not saying you as in sister prolix)
    "Pay attention to your heart, beware of raising yourself above others, and beware of belittling others"
    Sheikh Abdullah Azzam

Banned

5. This is not a matrimonial message board; any member found using the forums for soliciting marriage in any way, publicly or via PMs will receive an immediate ban.
    This one is not too clear to me. What if a brother or sister notices someone on the board who lives close by and then PM's a marriage request or gets another member to do it with the intention of pursuing this in the real world. Would this also fall under soliciting marriage which would lead to a ban?

Quote Originally Posted by IbnMuhammed View Post

Now you decide to add the rule? You banned me for a rule that never even existed subhan'Allah. (Not saying you as in sister prolix)
    Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh,

Welcome back akhi. Please don't publicly argue with the mods, I don't want to see you get banned again.
    There will come towards the end of time a people who will be young in age, having reckless and deficient intellects. They will speak with the statements of the best of creation, yet they will pass through Islam just as an arrow passes through a target.

Quote Originally Posted by عبد الله View Post
    Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh,

Welcome back akhi. Please don't publicly argue with the mods, I don't want to see you get banned again.
    akhi, I got banned for a rule that didnt even exist. Can you believe that?
    Even worse, is the mod asked me "If you dont mind" and then asked me the questions. I did mind, and so said I minded. No infraction nothing. Just a ban, for a rule that never existed. My Islamic rights were outweighed by a magical rule that was never there.

Also, I dont think there's a rule for that. But it may be added after im banned for it Wallahu'alam
    Last edited by IbnMuhammed; 8th October 2011 at 04:38 PM.
    "Pay attention to your heart, beware of raising yourself above others, and beware of belittling others"
    Sheikh Abdullah Azzam

Even worse, is the mod asked me "If you dont mind" and then asked me the questions. I did mind, and so said I minded. No infraction nothing. Just a ban, for a rule that never existed. My Islamic rights were outweighed by a magical rule that was never there.

Also, I dont think there's a rule for that. But it may be added after im banned for it Wallahu'alam
    If you think injustice was done to you then sure you could take that up with the moderator; we all fear Allaah here and don't want to be held to account for being unjust with one another. But if you bring it up in public like this then that might cause even more harm.
    There will come towards the end of time a people who will be young in age, having reckless and deficient intellects. They will speak with the statements of the best of creation, yet they will pass through Islam just as an arrow passes through a target.

Bring this to PM if you are sincere brother, if you are a drama queen keep it here. Your decision.
    Wakee' ibn Jarrah once said, 'The intelligent one is he who understands the ways of Allah, not him who has understood the ways of this world.'

MM: Your Deeds Would Shame all the Devils in Hell

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abu Treika For This Useful Post:
    Expergefactionist (8th October 2011), Hamza Patterson (23rd August 2012)

As salam alaykum,

I would like to suggest something, could the moderators perhaps put all the rules together on one pdf and attach it here? The rules are scattered throughout here, mixed in with so many other posts during the last 11 pages and I think it would make it really really clear for everyone to see all the rules clearly combined together. It would give it a more professional looks, thereby will be taken more seriosuly.
    And this pdf can perhaps be updated from time to time?

Jazakallah khayr
    No signature to be found.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to umm hafsa For This Useful Post:
    FortisFides (8th October 2011)

wa 'alaykum salaam

It's all on the first post sis; it gets updated whenever a rule is added (see the As of dates). We just post in the thread so everyone is aware that a new rule has been added or one has been amended etc...
    I found that sins kill the hearts
    And they bring about humiliation by being addicted to them
    And abandoning sin gives life to the hearts
    And it is better for your soul that you disobey it
    -Abdullah ibn Al-Mubarak-

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)