What you need for the lessons
In order to participate in these lessons, you will need an Arabic keyboard, which you can buy from:
7 Bridges Place,Parsons Green,
London, SW6 4HW, England.
Nearest Tube: Parsons Green (District Line)
Alternatively, you can visit the following URL and buy your keyboard online:
In addition to that, you will need to 'Arabize' your computer to be able to write and read Arabic.
To do that, if you are using either Microsoft Windows XP Professional, or
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, take the following steps.
1) Click on the start and go to Settings - Control Panel
2) Open the Regional and Language Options applet
3) On the Languages Tab check the "Install the file for complex script and right to left languages" checkbox to select it
4) Click OK
5) Insert the Microsoft Windows XP CD when prompted and allow installation to complete
6) Restart the computer when prompted to do so
Further other versions of MS Windows, refer to the following article:
Arabicizing Windows Applications to Read and Write Arabic
Any problems, feel free to post!
Assalamu Alaykom wa RahmatuLLAHI wa Barakatuhu
:?: I have Windows XP and I have the keys marked for Arabic. You are right it takes a while to type in Arabic. I am thinking to get an Arabic keyboard (I live in the US), but is there any way that I can plug my english and Arabic keyboards at the same time? My husband is studying in the University and we need the english for other things.
Jazak Allahu Khayran