bikini women on the screen

This is a discussion on bikini women on the screen within the Suggestions, Comments and Feedback forums, part of the Miscellaneous category; It's making me really angry seeing all these women with bikinis on this website feel like arrghhh!!!!!!!!!...

Ummah Of Prophet Muhammad

Default bikini women on the screen

It's making me really angry seeing all these women with bikinis on this website feel like arrghhh!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: bikini women on the screen

Add blocker,admuncher etc,stops it all..

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abuhannah For This Useful Post:
    Abul Qa'qa (21st January 2012), ahmad10 (21st January 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Soul View Post
    It's making me really angry seeing all these women with bikinis on this website feel like arrghhh!!!!!!!!!
    I agree sister and I don't blame you for being angry.

I don't think the admin/mods have a justifiable explanation why these images can't be removed from their side in the first place.
    "Truly! They were young men who believed in their Lord (Allaah), and We increased them in guidance.

And We made their hearts firm and strong when they stood up and said: "Our Lord is the Lord of the heavens and the earth, never shall we call upon any Ilaah (object of worship) other than Him; if we did, we should indeed have uttered an enormity in disbelief...""

Surah al-Kahf verses 13-14; The Qur'aan (trans.)

Prospicient

Quote Originally Posted by green musallah View Post
    I agree sister and I don't blame you for being angry.

I don't think the admin/mods have a justifiable explanation why these images can't be removed from their side in the first place.
    Explanation is that we don't put them up in the first place. The Ads are from Google, and are often dictated by certain topics or your own cookies... not directly from us. We do try to get rid of offensive and inappropriate Ads as soon as possible, but at this point, the Ads are necessary to create at least some minimal revenue from the site, and pay for certain costs, so they can't be removed entirely.

Please do as much as you can to block them if you dislike them - such as the Adblock options (after having installed them, I don't see anything on the site). Or Report them here: Post Offensive Ads Here.

And they will be removed insha'Allaah. BaarakAllaahu feek

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prolix For This Useful Post:
    abuhannah (21st January 2012), Abul Qa'qa (21st January 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Prolix View Post
    Explanation is that we don't put them up in the first place. The Ads are from Google, and are often dictated by certain topics or your own cookies... not directly from us. We do try to get rid of offensive and inappropriate Ads as soon as possible, but at this point, the Ads are necessary to create at least some minimal revenue from the site, and pay for certain costs, so they can't be removed entirely.

Please do as much as you can to block them if you dislike them - such as the Adblock options (after having installed them, I don't see anything on the site). Or Report them here: Post Offensive Ads Here.

And they will be removed insha'Allaah. BaarakAllaahu feek
    My understanding was the forum is vbulletin 'powered' and the admin had chosen the option to enable google adsense integration.

https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/adsense_integration
    "Truly! They were young men who believed in their Lord (Allaah), and We increased them in guidance.

And We made their hearts firm and strong when they stood up and said: "Our Lord is the Lord of the heavens and the earth, never shall we call upon any Ilaah (object of worship) other than Him; if we did, we should indeed have uttered an enormity in disbelief...""

Surah al-Kahf verses 13-14; The Qur'aan (trans.)

Prospicient

Quote Originally Posted by green musallah View Post
    My understanding was the forum is vbulletin 'powered' and the admin had chosen the option to enable google adsense integration.

https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/adsense_integration
    Your understanding is correct brother, but as I said:

Quote Originally Posted by Prolix
    We do try to get rid of offensive and inappropriate Ads as soon as possible, but at this point, the Ads are necessary to create at least some minimal revenue from the site, and pay for certain costs, so they can't be removed entirely.
    Let me clarify in case I wasn't clear. For the time being, we can't get rid of ALL the Advertisements entirely, due to the above reason. But we do not promote these images, and do remove them. If you report the inappropriate Ads in that thread, they will be blocked from ever advertising on this site again and thus, removed. But other advertisements, which are not specifically inappropriate, it's best just to ignore.

And better yet, is just to get an Adblocker; this way you won't see the images either way, and this is also helpful for other areas of the Internet as well. So do give it a try brother if you haven't already.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prolix For This Useful Post:
    abuhannah (21st January 2012), Abul Qa'qa (21st January 2012)

Previously Talibatulilmi09 UmmTaymiyyah's Avatar

guess the title of the thread in its selfis offensive, didn't wana even view it, but thought might do al amr bil ma'roof wa nahy 'anil munkar khyr...wasn't that bad...just a reminder to first myself and then then to everyone else inshaAllaah we could use more appropriate titles...e.g in this case we could use 'offensive add' etc dealing with these adds is simple just post its link in the Post Offensive Ads Here.thread.
    Last edited by UmmTaymiyyah; 21st January 2012 at 04:38 AM.
    [8:25] ۖ

We were the most humiliated people on earth and Allah gave us honor through Islam. If we ever seek honor through anything else, Allah will humiliate us again Umar ibn Al-Khattab (radi allahu anhu)

"MuSlIm PrIdE! IsLaM iS oN tHe RiSe! MuJaHiD 4 LiFe! RaIsE Allaahs Word and DiE as a Shaheed!"

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to UmmTaymiyyah For This Useful Post:
    Abdullah11 (21st January 2012), abuhannah (21st January 2012), Abul Qa'qa (21st January 2012)

The 'Post Offensive Ads' thread is only an alternative, it is not the main method of blocking them. All it takes is for one to go on google, type 'Adblock', and you can download it for free. Problem solved in just 2 minutes.

If brothers and sisters dont want to make this smallest of effort themselves, then they have no right to blame the Mods; who are actually doing all they can on their part to sort out the issue.
    "If all the people are pleased with you but Allah is not, what have you gained?

If Allah is Pleased with you but no one else is, what have you lost?"

- Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abul Qa'qa For This Useful Post:
    abuhannah (21st January 2012), ahmad10 (21st January 2012)